PDA

View Full Version : Finding the right fit

The Spaz
04-21-2009, 08:47 AM
The days are winding down to the NFL draft and final decisions have or will be made as to whether certain prospects are fits for the Bills. Some of those decisions involve where a player projects in Buffalo’s scheme, whether a player can handle a jump from the lower college divisions to the NFL and whether a player is versatile enough to play more than one position.

Some of the most common challenges exist when it comes to defensive end prospects that might not have the prototype size to handle that role every down. College players may have to make a shift to outside linebacker, but do they have the athleticism to do so?

Three such examples in this year’s draft class are Cincinnati’s Connor Barwin, UCONN’s Cody Brown and Northern Illinois’ Larry English. Some NFL clubs see them as legitimate 4-3 defensive ends while other consider them more 3-4 outside linebacker types.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/finding-the-right-fit/6ff3fa81-46a5-40fd-b06a-52347451f31b

kid mickey
04-21-2009, 09:20 AM
The Bills could be really high on Barwin. They got a pick number 28 right where they could grab him safely unless the Pats pick him at 23. Even though I think the Pats are more inclined to get a guy like Michael Johnson. You saw how interested they were in Peppers. You gotta think they would pull the trigger on that kid before they went for Barwin.

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 09:23 AM
The Bills could be really high on anyone.

As its squeaky bum time, I think they will go for production over one season wonders.

The Pats like Barwin because they can use him on defensive and offensive gimmick plays - we don't have that luxury.

kid mickey
04-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Watch the Bills select Barwin and Kernboy be so pissed. Oher, Barwin, Unger, Freeman, Coffman, just keep going down the line. By the end end of it Kernboy is gonna throw a brick through his T.V.

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 09:28 AM
With Adalius Thomas onboard and Shawn Crable drafted last year, I think they will go ILB again as Bruschi is not getting any younger and they can still go after a OLB with one of their 2 second rounders.

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Watch the Bills select Barwin and Kernboy be so pissed. Oher, Barwin, Unger, Freeman, Coffman, just keep going down the line. By the end end of it Kernboy is gonna throw a brick through his T.V.

I actually don't think the above picks are that bad and I do like Unger, Freeman and Coffman.

However this team is not currently a playoff team and the Oher/Barwin choice has far more risk to the team than going Brown/Britton