Could LB Curry be option for Bills at 11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Could LB Curry be option for Bills at 11?

With the rapid ascent of USC QB Mark Sanchez into the top 10 and Missouri’s Jeremy Maclin reportedly coveted by Oakland’s Al Davis, a premier linebacker talent could be slipping all the way out of the top 10 in Wake Forest’s Aaron Curry.

Once thought to be a lead pipe lock top five pick, Curry is sliding according to several draft insiders because he’s considered by most to a be a strong side linebacker. That’s the one that grinds with the tight end in the run game and does most of the dirty work.

If Curry slips out of the top 10 and is still on the board when the Bills pick, that’s going to make for a very difficult decision. Strong side linebacker is unquestionably a need, and Curry might be the safest pick in the draft, but he is not going to help your pass rush.

I want to say that a pass rusher is still the play at 11, despite the trade of Peters and the possibility of Curry slipping to 11, but Curry is special. If he slid that far it would really give me pause if I had to make that call.

Granted, Buffalo could still get a solid linebacker prospect at 28, 42 or heck even 75 that could compete for that starting role vacated by Angelo Crowell.

But Curry is a great talent and a future defensive captain (he has that kind of presence). If it’s Everette Brown and Aaron Curry at 11, it’s a good dilemma.

If you believe in getting your big men early you take Brown and help Buffalo’s pass rush. If you believe in trusting the value on your board I think you take Curry. What would you do?

• kid mickey
    • Apr 2009

Re: Could LB Curry be option for Bills at 11?

No he won't be available if every team passes on him 1-9 San Fran wouldn't.
    Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

If Curry slipped to 11, there's no way you pass on him. He would immediately help solidify a LB corps for quite a while. He does have some upside as a pass rusher, and we could get a DE at 28 or 42.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by kid mickey
        But if he DID slide to us at 11, kid, would you take him over an OT?
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

He goes to the Chiefs

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

If Curry is there at #11 Ralph needs to put his walker on high speed and take him. No question. Best player in the draft. A huge need for the Bills. And pass rush does not only come from DE's. It can also come from OLBs.

There is no question or hesitation. None. Slam dunk.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by kid mickey
              Actually, that may be the one player they would pass up on.

Let's say Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry is available. Do the 49ers draft him? Curry can play either inside or outside linebacker, but having him on the team might slow down his development as a very talented player. As the team already is trying to get Ahmad Brooks playing time, Curry might cause some sort of conflict. He might have to just wait to play once Takeo Spikes or Patrick Willis don't player-- something I don't see happening in the near future at least. If they put him in the outside linebacker position, we already have Parys Haralson and Manny Lawson ahead of him. And as outside linebackers, their new approach this year is pass rushing-- something that Curry isn't known for.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2712-San-F...upcoming-Draft

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz

If Curry slips out of the top 10 and is still on the board when the Bills pick, that’s going to make for a very difficult decision. Strong side linebacker is unquestionably a need, and Curry might be the safest pick in the draft, but he is not going to help your pass rush.

I want to say that a pass rusher is still the play at 11, despite the trade of Peters and the possibility of Curry slipping to 11, but Curry is special. If he slid that far it would really give me pause if I had to make that call.

If Curry is there you grab him you don't even use up your alotted time you just send the card up ASAP...

Pass rush is needed, but there options aat #28 IMO... but there will be little if no option for T at #28... SO unless Orakpo or Curry slips we are grabbing a T IMO.... unless all top 4 T's are long gone as well.. then I beleive we will be in a world of hurt
                Last edited by ddaryl; 04-21-2009, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• User Manuel
                  The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                  • Nov 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  With the rapid ascent of USC QB Mark Sanchez into the top 10 and Missouri’s Jeremy Maclin reportedly coveted by Oakland’s Al Davis, a premier linebacker talent could be slipping all the way out of the top 10 in Wake Forest’s Aaron Curry.

Once thought to be a lead pipe lock top five pick, Curry is sliding according to several draft insiders because he’s considered by most to a be a strong side linebacker. That’s the one that grinds with the tight end in the run game and does most of the dirty work.

Granted, Buffalo could still get a solid linebacker prospect at 28, 42 or heck even 75 that could compete for that starting role vacated by Angelo Crowell.

But Curry is a great talent and a future defensive captain (he has that kind of presence). If it’s Everette Brown and Aaron Curry at 11, it’s a good dilemma.

If you believe in getting your big men early you take Brown and help Buffalo’s pass rush. If you believe in trusting the value on your board I think you take Curry. What would you do?

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/0...r-bills-at-11/
                  If he is there they should grab him and run.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Absolutly u take him at 11 and go Oline at 28 like Beatty or Britton, then in rd 2 TE, rd 3 DE rd 4 LG and DT
                    Last edited by bigbub2352; 04-21-2009, 10:52 AM.
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

LOL he's not getting past three, four at the absolute most.

if we got Curry, its because we traded up for him.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        LOL he's not getting past three, four at the absolute most.

if we got Curry, its because we traded up for him.
                        Agreed. There's absolutely no way he's available at 11. However, in keeping with the question of this thread, HELL yes we take him if he's there at 11.
                        Last edited by Saratoga Slim; 04-21-2009, 11:20 AM.
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Is it Saturday yet?

Comment

• colin
                            Drew's my hero!
                            • Jul 2002

that would be fkn sweet, and while very very improbable it's not impossible.

if we did, i suspect we'd move up to get the best DE we have targeted.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Feb 2009

He wont fall...and if he did, he'd be ours in a heartbeat.

He may not be a great pass rusher, but I feel Poz and Mitchell are. So if that is a player that excel in coverage/dropping back, that could free up Poz and Mitchell to be more agressive to the LOS.

Comment

Working...
                              X