PDA

View Full Version : Could LB Curry be option for Bills at 11?

The Spaz
04-21-2009, 09:26 AM
With the rapid ascent of USC QB Mark Sanchez into the top 10 and Missouri’s Jeremy Maclin reportedly coveted by Oakland’s Al Davis, a premier linebacker talent could be slipping all the way out of the top 10 in Wake Forest’s Aaron Curry.

Once thought to be a lead pipe lock top five pick, Curry is sliding according to several draft insiders because he’s considered by most to a be a strong side linebacker. That’s the one that grinds with the tight end in the run game and does most of the dirty work.

If Curry slips out of the top 10 and is still on the board when the Bills pick, that’s going to make for a very difficult decision. Strong side linebacker is unquestionably a need, and Curry might be the safest pick in the draft, but he is not going to help your pass rush.

I want to say that a pass rusher is still the play at 11, despite the trade of Peters and the possibility of Curry slipping to 11, but Curry is special. If he slid that far it would really give me pause if I had to make that call.

Granted, Buffalo could still get a solid linebacker prospect at 28, 42 or heck even 75 that could compete for that starting role vacated by Angelo Crowell.

But Curry is a great talent and a future defensive captain (he has that kind of presence). If it’s Everette Brown and Aaron Curry at 11, it’s a good dilemma.

If you believe in getting your big men early you take Brown and help Buffalo’s pass rush. If you believe in trusting the value on your board I think you take Curry. What would you do?

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/21/could-lb-curry-be-option-for-bills-at-11/

kid mickey
04-21-2009, 09:28 AM
No he won't be available if every team passes on him 1-9 San Fran wouldn't.

psubills62
04-21-2009, 09:31 AM
If Curry slipped to 11, there's no way you pass on him. He would immediately help solidify a LB corps for quite a while. He does have some upside as a pass rusher, and we could get a DE at 28 or 42.

Jan Reimers
04-21-2009, 09:38 AM
But if he DID slide to us at 11, kid, would you take him over an OT?

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 09:39 AM
He goes to the Chiefs

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2009, 09:39 AM
If Curry is there at #11 Ralph needs to put his walker on high speed and take him. No question. Best player in the draft. A huge need for the Bills. And pass rush does not only come from DE's. It can also come from OLBs.

There is no question or hesitation. None. Slam dunk.

madness
04-21-2009, 09:45 AM

Actually, that may be the one player they would pass up on.

Let's say Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry is available. Do the 49ers draft him? Curry can play either inside or outside linebacker, but having him on the team might slow down his development as a very talented player. As the team already is trying to get Ahmad Brooks playing time, Curry might cause some sort of conflict. He might have to just wait to play once Takeo Spikes or Patrick Willis don't player-- something I don't see happening in the near future at least. If they put him in the outside linebacker position, we already have Parys Haralson and Manny Lawson ahead of him. And as outside linebackers, their new approach this year is pass rushing-- something that Curry isn't known for.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2712-San-Francisco-49ers-Examiner~y2009m3d21-49ers-will-look-for-best-player-available-in-upcoming-Draft

ddaryl
04-21-2009, 10:08 AM
If Curry slips out of the top 10 and is still on the board when the Bills pick, that’s going to make for a very difficult decision. Strong side linebacker is unquestionably a need, and Curry might be the safest pick in the draft, but he is not going to help your pass rush.

I want to say that a pass rusher is still the play at 11, despite the trade of Peters and the possibility of Curry slipping to 11, but Curry is special. If he slid that far it would really give me pause if I had to make that call.

If Curry is there you grab him you don't even use up your alotted time you just send the card up ASAP...

Pass rush is needed, but there options aat #28 IMO... but there will be little if no option for T at #28... SO unless Orakpo or Curry slips we are grabbing a T IMO.... unless all top 4 T's are long gone as well.. then I beleive we will be in a world of hurt

User Manuel
04-21-2009, 10:09 AM
With the rapid ascent of USC QB Mark Sanchez into the top 10 and Missouri’s Jeremy Maclin reportedly coveted by Oakland’s Al Davis, a premier linebacker talent could be slipping all the way out of the top 10 in Wake Forest’s Aaron Curry.

Once thought to be a lead pipe lock top five pick, Curry is sliding according to several draft insiders because he’s considered by most to a be a strong side linebacker. That’s the one that grinds with the tight end in the run game and does most of the dirty work.

Granted, Buffalo could still get a solid linebacker prospect at 28, 42 or heck even 75 that could compete for that starting role vacated by Angelo Crowell.

But Curry is a great talent and a future defensive captain (he has that kind of presence). If it’s Everette Brown and Aaron Curry at 11, it’s a good dilemma.

If you believe in getting your big men early you take Brown and help Buffalo’s pass rush. If you believe in trusting the value on your board I think you take Curry. What would you do?

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/21/could-lb-curry-be-option-for-bills-at-11/

If he is there they should grab him and run.

bigbub2352
04-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Absolutly u take him at 11 and go Oline at 28 like Beatty or Britton, then in rd 2 TE, rd 3 DE rd 4 LG and DT

patmoran2006
04-21-2009, 10:52 AM
LOL he's not getting past three, four at the absolute most.

if we got Curry, its because we traded up for him.

Saratoga Slim
04-21-2009, 11:19 AM
LOL he's not getting past three, four at the absolute most.

if we got Curry, its because we traded up for him.
Agreed. There's absolutely no way he's available at 11. However, in keeping with the question of this thread, HELL yes we take him if he's there at 11.

madness
04-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Is it Saturday yet?

colin
04-21-2009, 11:27 AM
that would be fkn sweet, and while very very improbable it's not impossible.

if we did, i suspect we'd move up to get the best DE we have targeted.

The Juice Is Loose
04-21-2009, 11:58 AM
He wont fall...and if he did, he'd be ours in a heartbeat.

He may not be a great pass rusher, but I feel Poz and Mitchell are. So if that is a player that excel in coverage/dropping back, that could free up Poz and Mitchell to be more agressive to the LOS.

Oaf
04-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Trade up ahead of San Fran. Don't let them do the Patrick Willis again to us.

tampabay25690
04-21-2009, 04:29 PM
If Curry was there at 11 I would have the biggest hard on to draft him...

Michael82
04-21-2009, 04:31 PM
:laughing:

If Curry is there at 11, I expect the Bills to have his name on the card and deliver it within 10 seconds. :drool:

Dying_-2-_Live
04-21-2009, 04:32 PM
If we didnt draft him... id punch myself 27 times in the nuts

FlyingDutchman
04-21-2009, 04:32 PM
what would sanchez or Maclin have to do with the top 3 picks?

Michael82
04-21-2009, 04:35 PM
If we didnt draft him... id punch myself 27 times in the nuts
:rofl:

Dying_-2-_Live
04-21-2009, 05:00 PM
:rofl:

Lol im serious, if that happens on saturday... i will make a video and show it to you all lol

TigerJ
04-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Stranger thangs have happened in the draft. The Bills will have done their due diligence on Curry just in case that happens, but no way do I expect it.