• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Round 1 mock draft

1. Detroit – Matt Stafford QB
    Sorry but I cannot see any other selection here

2. St Louis Rams – Jason Smith LT
    A toss up between him and Monroe to go here though I wouldn’t be totally surprised if they went Aaron Curry as they need a MLB

3. KC Chiefs – Aaron Curry ILB
    I think having drafted Alberts last year, they will stick with him there and need a major presence in their 3-4. They can get a NT lower down in the draft

4. Seattle – Michael Crabtree WR
    They need more than one WR, so despite Walter Jones getting on in years, they won’t let Crabtree past them

5. Cleveland – Brian Orakpo DE/OLB
    Despite wild rumours of trades, if they stand firm their biggest need is to bring pressure from the outside

6. CincinnatiEugene Monroe LT
    Levi Jones couldn’t keep Carlton Palmer out of A&E so maybe Monroe can

7. OaklandJeremy Maclin WR
    Just fly baby, fly

8. JacksonvilleBJ Raji NT
    Having spent so much on Harvey/Groves last year they could muster a pass rush by being soft in the middle. See Raji being paired with Henderson who won’t get traded.

9. Green BayMichael Oher LT
    With Pickett at NT, and with Kaufman and Poppinga at DE/OLB, I think they will move to replace Clifton before he scares Rogers witless. They will hope someone like English or Sintim falls to them in Round 2

10. San FranciscoMark Sanchez QB
    New regime, new QB. Singleterry will know he must upgrade here

11. Buffalo Bills – Everette Brown DE
    With the top 3 of the offensive tackles gone, they will realise that they must generate some pass rush and will draft accordingly. Andre Smith is just too big a risk for a draft that cannot afford a bust

12. DenverTyson Jackson DE
    The Broncos know that switching to the 3-4 will need new personnel

13. Washington – Aaron Maybin DE
    No pass rush outside of Haynesworth means Snyder will go for the best pass rusher available

14. New Orleans Malcolm Jenkins FS
    The Saints biggest need solved

15. Houston – Clay Matthews OLB
    The Texans seem to have been pencilled in for Matthews forever

16. San Diego – Andre Smith RT
    Someone will take a risk on Smith

17. New York Jets – Chris Wells RB
    Thomas Jones is almost at the end of the road

18. DenverJosh Freeman QB
    Having gotten rid of a QB, they draft their QB of the future.

19. Tampa BayBrian Cushing OLB
    Not withstanding signing Crowell, the Bucs are weak at LB

20. DetroitWilliam Beatty LT
    A new QB needs a bodyguard, though a pick in any position would help the Lions

21. PhiladelphiaSean Smith FS
    Dawkins has gone and I don’t think the Eagles will pass up drafting his replacement

22. MinnesotaEben Britton RT
    Peterson needs someone to run behind

23. New EnglandRex Maulauga ILB
    A compliment for Mayo

24. AtlantaBrandon Pettigrew TE
    About as sure thing as Stafford going No1

25. MiamiVontae Davis CB
    Parcells drafts defensive backs in R1 more than any other position apparently

26. Baltimore – Darius Heyward-Bey WR
    Flacco needs someone to throw to

27. IndianapolisPeria Jerry DT
    Jerry has slipped under the radar but fits the Colts perfectly

28. BuffaloJames Laurinaitis S/WLB
    Mmm .. with the OT of the board and with TE a reach I think they will deal with the WLB and best player available. I understand the arguments for a range of other players but think the Bills will have a low risk /solid citizen draft. A LT might be taken in R2 (Meredith or Cadogan). They must hit with every pick and so I don’t see them converting players from their college positions

29. New York Giants – Kenny Britt WR
    With Burress literally shooting himself the Giants need a big target for Eli

30. TennesseeRobert Ayers DE
    Kearse and Van Den Bosch aren’t getting any younger and Ayers has proven he can play inside as well

31. ArizonaKnowshon Moreno RB
    With James likely to be released the Cardinals are delighted to pick up Moreno

32. PittsburghAlex Mack C
    Hartwig gave up even more sacks than Fowler and Preston

I know many of you will disagree but hope you can come up with constructive alternatives. I think Barwin, Sintim, and English would be regarded as too risky by the team, they would want to draft a G not a C, and #28 is too high for Robinson.

I see us taking a LT in Round 2 either Meredith or Cadogan with a TE like Beckum in Round 3 unless they can trade for Scheffler in which case they will look at a S
    Last edited by Guest; 04-21-2009, 11:07 AM.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: My Round 1 mock draft

where's Oher?
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Philagape
      where's Oher?
      Well spotted, I knew I missed someone.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I really like Brown, but you only have 3 OTs gone in the top 10 (Oher is missing). If Oher goes in the top 10, Orakpo or Raji could fall to us.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          I really like Brown, but you only have 3 OTs gone in the top 10 (Oher is missing). If Oher goes in the top 10, Orakpo or Raji could fall to us.
          I have now included Oher

Changes including Andre Smith dropping to the Chargers, Maulaga dropping to the Patriots and Butler dropping out of the first round due to size issues a lack of immediate need at CB compared other issues.

Andre Smith might have all the talent in the world but so did Tony Mandarich.

Comment

Working...
          X