PDA

View Full Version : My Round 1 mock draft

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 10:55 AM
1. Detroit – Matt Stafford QB<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Sorry but I cannot see any other selection here

2. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">St Louis</st1:City></st1:place> Rams – Jason Smith LT<o:p></o:p>
A toss up between him and Monroe to go here though I wouldn’t be totally surprised if they went Aaron Curry as they need a MLB
<o:p></o:p>
3. KC Chiefs – Aaron Curry ILB<o:p></o:p>
I think having drafted Alberts last year, they will stick with him there and need a major presence in their 3-4. They can get a NT lower down in the draft<o:p></o:p>
4. Seattle – Michael Crabtree WR<o:p></o:p>
They need more than one WR, so despite Walter Jones getting on in years, they won’t let Crabtree past them<o:p></o:p>
5. Cleveland – Brian Orakpo DE/OLB<o:p></o:p>
Despite wild rumours of trades, if they stand firm their biggest need is to bring pressure from the outside<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">6. Cincinnati</st1:City></st1:place> – Eugene Monroe LT<o:p></o:p>
Levi Jones couldn’t keep <st1:City w:st="on">Carlton</st1:City> Palmer out of A&E so maybe <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Monroe</st1:City></st1:place> can<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">7. Oakland</st1:City></st1:place> – Jeremy Maclin WR<o:p></o:p>
Just fly baby, fly<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">8. Jacksonville</st1:City></st1:place> – BJ Raji NT<o:p></o:p>
Having spent so much on Harvey/Groves last year they could muster a pass rush by being soft in the middle. See Raji being paired with Henderson who won’t get traded.<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">9. Green Bay</st1:City></st1:place> – Michael Oher LT<o:p></o:p>
With Pickett at NT, and with Kaufman and Poppinga at DE/OLB, I think they will move to replace <st1:City w:st="on">Clifton</st1:City> before he scares <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Rogers</st1:place></st1:City> witless. They will hope someone like English or Sintim falls to them in Round 2<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">10. San Francisco</st1:City></st1:place> – Mark Sanchez QB<o:p></o:p>
New regime, new QB. Singleterry will know he must upgrade here<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">11. Buffalo</st1:City></st1:place> Bills – Everette Brown DE<o:p></o:p>
With the top 3 of the offensive tackles gone, they will realise that they must generate some pass rush and will draft accordingly. Andre Smith is just too big a risk for a draft that cannot afford a bust
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">12. Denver</st1:City></st1:place> – Tyson Jackson DE<o:p></o:p>
The Broncos know that switching to the 3-4 will need new personnel<o:p></o:p>
13. Washington – Aaron Maybin DE<o:p></o:p>
No pass rush outside of Haynesworth means Snyder will go for the best pass rusher available<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">14. New Orleans</st1:City></st1:place> – Malcolm Jenkins FS<o:p></o:p>
The Saints biggest need solved<o:p></o:p>
15. Houston – Clay Matthews OLB<o:p></o:p>
The Texans seem to have been pencilled in for Matthews forever

16. San Diego – Andre Smith RT
Someone will take a risk on Smith
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">17. New York</st1:State></st1:place> Jets – Chris Wells RB<o:p></o:p>
Thomas Jones is almost at the end of the road<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">18. Denver</st1:City></st1:place> – Josh Freeman QB<o:p></o:p>
Having gotten rid of a QB, they draft their QB of the future.<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">19. Tampa</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Bay</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> – Brian Cushing OLB<o:p></o:p>
Not withstanding signing Crowell, the Bucs are weak at LB<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">20. Detroit</st1:City></st1:place> – William Beatty LT<o:p></o:p>
A new QB needs a bodyguard, though a pick in any position would help the Lions<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">21. Philadelphia</st1:City></st1:place> – Sean Smith FS<o:p></o:p>
Dawkins has gone and I don’t think the Eagles will pass up drafting his replacement<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">22. Minnesota</st1:State></st1:place> – Eben Britton RT<o:p></o:p>
Peterson needs someone to run behind<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on">23. New England</st1:place> – Rex Maulauga ILB
A compliment for Mayo
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">24. Atlanta</st1:City></st1:place> – Brandon Pettigrew TE<o:p></o:p>
About as sure thing as Stafford going No1<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">25. Miami</st1:City></st1:place> – Vontae Davis CB<o:p></o:p>
Parcells drafts defensive backs in R1 more than any other position apparently<o:p></o:p>
26. Baltimore – Darius Heyward-Bey WR<o:p></o:p>
Flacco needs someone to throw to<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">27. Indianapolis</st1:City></st1:place> – Peria Jerry DT<o:p></o:p>
Jerry has slipped under the radar but fits the Colts perfectly<o:p></o:p>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">28. Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> – James Laurinaitis S/WLB<o:p></o:p>
Mmm .. with the OT of the board and with TE a reach I think they will deal with the WLB and best player available. I understand the arguments for a range of other players but think the Bills will have a low risk /solid citizen draft. A LT might be taken in R2 (Meredith or Cadogan). They must hit with every pick and so I don’t see them converting players from their college positions<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">29. New York</st1:State></st1:place> Giants – Kenny Britt WR<o:p></o:p>
With Burress literally shooting himself the Giants need a big target for Eli<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">30. Tennessee</st1:State></st1:place> – Robert Ayers DE<o:p></o:p>
Kearse and Van Den Bosch aren’t getting any younger and Ayers has proven he can play inside as well<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">31. Arizona</st1:State></st1:place> – Knowshon Moreno RB<o:p></o:p>
With James likely to be released the Cardinals are delighted to pick up Moreno<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">32. Pittsburgh</st1:City></st1:place> – Alex Mack C<o:p></o:p>
Hartwig gave up even more sacks than Fowler and Preston

I know many of you will disagree but hope you can come up with constructive alternatives. I think Barwin, Sintim, and English would be regarded as too risky by the team, they would want to draft a G not a C, and #28 is too high for Robinson.

I see us taking a LT in Round 2 either Meredith or Cadogan with a TE like Beckum in Round 3 unless they can trade for Scheffler in which case they will look at a S

Philagape
04-21-2009, 11:02 AM
where's Oher?

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 11:07 AM
where's Oher?

Well spotted, I knew I missed someone.

Jan Reimers
04-21-2009, 11:11 AM
I really like Brown, but you only have 3 OTs gone in the top 10 (Oher is missing). If Oher goes in the top 10, Orakpo or Raji could fall to us.

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 11:21 AM
I really like Brown, but you only have 3 OTs gone in the top 10 (Oher is missing). If Oher goes in the top 10, Orakpo or Raji could fall to us.

I have now included Oher

Changes including Andre Smith dropping to the Chargers, Maulaga dropping to the Patriots and Butler dropping out of the first round due to size issues a lack of immediate need at CB compared other issues.

Andre Smith might have all the talent in the world but so did Tony Mandarich.