• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Sirius Blitz opinon on what we do

Schein and Miller said we should take Oher no matter what at #11 and they said it is definitely possible that Pettigrew falls to #28 because of the run on QB's and OT's in the first round.

Thoughts?
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Sirius Blitz opinon on what we do

I hope one or the other can generate a pass rush.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

conner barwin in the 2nd.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

actually sidbury before barwin.. but either or.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          I hope one or the other can generate a pass rush.
          I don't hink DE is as dire a need as people are making it out to be. I think Schoebel's return will help immensely, I think Ellis will start to become a factor after another off season. People are discounting him completely which I feel is a mistake. It takes time for DE's to develop, we need to give him a chance and address other needs at 11.

Personally I feel that Pettigrew could come in and have the biggest effect on this team of any possible draftee. I know people think 11 is too high for a TE but I don't follow that train of thought. If he helps us score more points in every game, he is worth 11. He will be gone by 28, take OT at 28. DE in 2nd round, Center in 3rd. Just my .02.

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

Kelsay/Denney: 6 sacks combined
            Schobel (I know he was hurt): 1 sack
            Stroud: 2 sacks

This is pathetic, terrible, horrible, aweful, makes me want to throw up....

We need a pass rush. I really don't think we can afford to take Pettigrew... we could get Cook or Coffman later...

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

I think in order to do anything with TO this yr we need to solidify our horrible OLine, and TE position, we can go DE, Olb and DT with the nest 3 picks
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Originally posted by DrGraves
                Kelsay/Denney: 6 sacks combined
                Schobel (I know he was hurt): 1 sack
                Stroud: 2 sacks

This is pathetic, terrible, horrible, aweful, makes me want to throw up....

We need a pass rush. I really don't think we can afford to take Pettigrew... we could get Cook or Coffman later...
                We need a silly sacking season at the Ralph Wilson. If we want a blocking TE we can get one later, if we want an all rounder we should trade for Tony Scheffler.

There is far more deoth at OT than at DE so we need to DE here.
                As for TE on Day2 there will be Ingram, Coffman, Beckum, Nelson etc. Its a far better class than last year in terms of depth but the best TE class is going to be 2010.

Pettigrew wouldn't even be a Round1 selection next year
                Last edited by Guest; 04-21-2009, 01:50 PM.

Comment

We need to get after Brady and Pennington as soon as possible because in O'Connell and Henne/Beck they do not have backups capable of stepping up like Cassell did last year. With Clemens and Ratliff running for their lives every time they face Bills we will have a much better chance of winning the division and get into the playoffs.

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
                    Schein and Miller said we should take Oher no matter what at #11 and they said it is definitely possible that Pettigrew falls to #28 because of the run on QB's and OT's in the first round.

Thoughts?
                    Oher is a tremendous talent, but he may be the biggest risk in the draft and that scares me. I'm pulling for the kid, but every time he's been in a new environment he's struggled early on - much more than most. Hopefully that is all beyond him. The laziness label is the least of my worries. I'm more concerned with him learning the playbook and dealing with the new pressure he's going to have. See the two high schools he attended as well as Ole Miss for how he's dealt with change. It has been very difficult on him. Having said all that, he is very talented and I will cautiously hope for the best.

Comment

• DrGraves
                      • Mar 2008

Remember... Jermaine Gresham, Tight end out of Oklahoma will be in the draft next year....

Considering that we will probably be drafting high again, I say we wait and put all our marbles in his bag next year...

Comment

Remember... Jermaine Gresham, Tight end out of Oklahoma will be in the draft next year....

Considering that we will probably be drafting high again, I say we wait and put all our marbles in his bag next year...
                        and he might not even be the best in class next year as Dennis Pitta of BYU and Rob Gronkowski of Arizona are hard on his tail

Comment

• T-Long
                          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                          • Sep 2003

Pat Kirwan just gave the top 5 that will go in the draft....this is CRAZY!

1. Matt Stafford DET
                          2. Mark Sanchez STL
                          3. Tyson Jackosn KC
                          4. Jason Smith SEA
                          5. Aaron Curry CLE

Comment

• Buddo
                            • Mar 2007

I simply do not understand this mentality. Gresham may, or may not, be a better player. What he isn't, is available now. Any team that bases it's draft strategy on what they can do next year, isn't going to have a great deal of success.
                            What happens if Gresham gets badly injured in the meantime? (Note, I'm not wishing for that to happen). What happens if he regresses?

There are a plethora of arguments that you can come up with for Pettigrew not to be the pick @ 11, but this isn't one of them.

Comment

• Bert102176
                              • Aug 2002

and if he has a bad year or gets hurt then everyone would be like well we don't want him he wasn't productive in his senior year.
                              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                              X