PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Blitz opinon on what we do

T-Long
04-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Schein and Miller said we should take Oher no matter what at #11 and they said it is definitely possible that Pettigrew falls to #28 because of the run on QB's and OT's in the first round.

Thoughts?

Jan Reimers
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM
I hope one or the other can generate a pass rush.

Tatonka
04-21-2009, 01:44 PM
conner barwin in the 2nd.

Tatonka
04-21-2009, 01:44 PM
actually sidbury before barwin.. but either or.

HAMMER
04-21-2009, 01:45 PM

I don't hink DE is as dire a need as people are making it out to be. I think Schoebel's return will help immensely, I think Ellis will start to become a factor after another off season. People are discounting him completely which I feel is a mistake. It takes time for DE's to develop, we need to give him a chance and address other needs at 11.

Personally I feel that Pettigrew could come in and have the biggest effect on this team of any possible draftee. I know people think 11 is too high for a TE but I don't follow that train of thought. If he helps us score more points in every game, he is worth 11. He will be gone by 28, take OT at 28. DE in 2nd round, Center in 3rd. Just my .02.

DrGraves
04-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Kelsay/Denney: 6 sacks combined
Schobel (I know he was hurt): 1 sack
Stroud: 2 sacks

This is pathetic, terrible, horrible, aweful, makes me want to throw up....

We need a pass rush. I really don't think we can afford to take Pettigrew... we could get Cook or Coffman later...

bigbub2352
04-21-2009, 01:49 PM
I think in order to do anything with TO this yr we need to solidify our horrible OLine, and TE position, we can go DE, Olb and DT with the nest 3 picks

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Kelsay/Denney: 6 sacks combined
Schobel (I know he was hurt): 1 sack
Stroud: 2 sacks

This is pathetic, terrible, horrible, aweful, makes me want to throw up....

We need a pass rush. I really don't think we can afford to take Pettigrew... we could get Cook or Coffman later...

We need a silly sacking season at the Ralph Wilson. If we want a blocking TE we can get one later, if we want an all rounder we should trade for Tony Scheffler.

There is far more deoth at OT than at DE so we need to DE here.
As for TE on Day2 there will be Ingram, Coffman, Beckum, Nelson etc. Its a far better class than last year in terms of depth but the best TE class is going to be 2010.

Pettigrew wouldn't even be a Round1 selection next year

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 01:54 PM
We need to get after Brady and Pennington as soon as possible because in O'Connell and Henne/Beck they do not have backups capable of stepping up like Cassell did last year. With Clemens and Ratliff running for their lives every time they face Bills we will have a much better chance of winning the division and get into the playoffs.

TedMock
04-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Schein and Miller said we should take Oher no matter what at #11 and they said it is definitely possible that Pettigrew falls to #28 because of the run on QB's and OT's in the first round.

Thoughts?

Oher is a tremendous talent, but he may be the biggest risk in the draft and that scares me. I'm pulling for the kid, but every time he's been in a new environment he's struggled early on - much more than most. Hopefully that is all beyond him. The laziness label is the least of my worries. I'm more concerned with him learning the playbook and dealing with the new pressure he's going to have. See the two high schools he attended as well as Ole Miss for how he's dealt with change. It has been very difficult on him. Having said all that, he is very talented and I will cautiously hope for the best.

DrGraves
04-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Remember... Jermaine Gresham, Tight end out of Oklahoma will be in the draft next year....

Considering that we will probably be drafting high again, I say we wait and put all our marbles in his bag next year...

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Remember... Jermaine Gresham, Tight end out of Oklahoma will be in the draft next year....

Considering that we will probably be drafting high again, I say we wait and put all our marbles in his bag next year...

and he might not even be the best in class next year as Dennis Pitta of BYU and Rob Gronkowski of Arizona are hard on his tail

T-Long
04-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Pat Kirwan just gave the top 5 that will go in the draft....this is CRAZY!

1. Matt Stafford DET
2. Mark Sanchez STL
3. Tyson Jackosn KC
4. Jason Smith SEA
5. Aaron Curry CLE

Buddo
04-21-2009, 02:12 PM

I simply do not understand this mentality. Gresham may, or may not, be a better player. What he isn't, is available now. Any team that bases it's draft strategy on what they can do next year, isn't going to have a great deal of success.
What happens if Gresham gets badly injured in the meantime? (Note, I'm not wishing for that to happen). What happens if he regresses?

There are a plethora of arguments that you can come up with for Pettigrew not to be the pick @ 11, but this isn't one of them.

Bert102176
04-21-2009, 02:16 PM

and if he has a bad year or gets hurt then everyone would be like well we don't want him he wasn't productive in his senior year.

alohabillsfan
04-21-2009, 02:20 PM
I think we go either Brown or Maybin at 11 I am hoping for E. Brown.
11 DE Everette Brown, DE/OLB, Florida State
28 OLB Clint Sintim, DE/OLB, Virginia
42 DT/DE Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State
75 OT TJ Lang, Michagan State
110 OG Kraig Urbik, Wisconsin
121 C A.Q. Shipley, Penn State

Buddo
04-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Pat Kirwan just gave the top 5 that will go in the draft....this is CRAZY!

1. Matt Stafford DET
2. Mark Sanchez STL
3. Tyson Jackosn KC
4. Jason Smith SEA
5. Aaron Curry CLE

Might be crazy, but if both QBs do get taken high, that should give us more options @ 11, especially if we do want one of the OTs.

HHURRICANE
04-21-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm almost positive we go:

1) Oher
1B) Cook
2) DE or LB.

jimbohastle51
04-21-2009, 02:25 PM
I think we either take maualuga or smith (even if we trade up to 8 to get him) and I think with 28 they manuver to get either Matthews or ayers

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm almost positive we go:

1) Oher
1B) Cook
2) DE or LB.

I just read that Cook has only ever had 7 career TDs.

Thats pretty lame for a guy who essentially lined up often as a giant WR

ddaryl
04-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Oher at #11 and Pettigew at #28 =:kewlpics:

Prov401
04-21-2009, 02:37 PM
If the Bills use either of their first round picks on a TE (Pettigrew), I will hang myself.

ddaryl
04-21-2009, 02:42 PM
If the Bills use either of their first round picks on a TE (Pettigrew), I will hang myself.

that is unbeleiveably rediculous... I'll get the rope

Pettigew would be a fantastic pick up for the Bills. Just not at #11 IMO

don't worry though, Pettigew doesn't make it past Philly at #21 IMO

DrGraves
04-21-2009, 02:43 PM
My point is Gresham is that we should really fill our voids on the offensive and defensive line... that is where the game is won and lost

A tight end would be nice, but that is really too much of a luxury to spend a first rounder at this point... Fill our holes now and either draft one next year or trade for a Scheffler

HHURRICANE
04-21-2009, 02:45 PM
I just read that Cook has only ever had 7 career TDs.

Thats pretty lame for a guy who essentially lined up often as a giant WR

I'm saying what they are doing not what I like. I know the Bills have a giant woody for Cook and have rated higher than Pettigrew.

HHURRICANE
04-21-2009, 02:47 PM
that is unbeleiveably rediculous... I'll get the rope

Pettigew would be a fantastic pick up for the Bills. Just not at #11 IMO

don't worry though, Pettigew doesn't make it past Philly at #21 IMO

I can't wait to see who Philly uses at #21 considering that's what we should have received instead of #28.

Didn't someone report here that the Bills had the 21st and a 3rd but took the 28th, 4th and the 6th instead?

ddaryl
04-21-2009, 02:48 PM
My point is Gresham is that we should really fill our voids on the offensive and defensive line... that is where the game is won and lost

A tight end would be nice, but that is really too much of a luxury to spend a first rounder at this point... Fill our holes now and either draft one next year or trade for a Scheffler

I agree, but Pettigew at TE is techically an extension of the OL and he is a rock solid blocker ready to go, p;lus he can peal out and grab the dump down pass as well.

but overall I fully agree with your assessments... OL and DL are priorities

ddaryl
04-21-2009, 02:49 PM

these guys can keep the opposing pass rush at bay which is very much equally important...

HAMMER
04-21-2009, 03:01 PM

TE is O-Line.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-21-2009, 03:08 PM
I love Oher so I wont be mad at all. The kid is a super athelete for a 300 pounder but I def think he's gone. I think Orakpo or Raji slip to us and we take them and snag a guy like Britten at 28. Take Nelson in the 2nd, Levitre/Ubrick in the 3rd, Follet and Hamlin in the fourth. That would be a great four first picks and would put us back into contention.

patmoran2006
04-21-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't hink DE is as dire a need as people are making it out to be. I think Schoebel's return will help immensely, I think Ellis will start to become a factor after another off season. People are discounting him completely which I feel is a mistake. It takes time for DE's to develop, we need to give him a chance and address other needs at 11.
Schobels sack production was dropping SEVERELY before the injury. Ellis I think you're right about. Overall, you could be right, it's not lock we go DE in the first round.

Personally I feel that Pettigrew could come in and have the biggest effect on this team of any possible draftee. I know people think 11 is too high for a TE but I don't follow that train of thought. If he helps us score more points in every game, he is worth 11. He will be gone by 28, take OT at 28. DE in 2nd round, Center in 3rd. Just my .02.
you could be right again, but it would be assinine to draft him at #11, there is nobody over the next 7-8 picks that should even be a threat to take him.. If anything, trade down and take ANYTHING in return if that's clearly the guy ya want (meaning Bills office). Having said that, I don't think Pettigrew is even on the Bills radar, nor is any TE with our first 1-2 picks.

patmoran2006
04-21-2009, 04:12 PM
I love Oher so I wont be mad at all. The kid is a super athelete for a 300 pounder but I def think he's gone. I think Orakpo or Raji slip to us and we take them and snag a guy like Britten at 28. Take Nelson in the 2nd, Levitre/Ubrick in the 3rd, Follet and Hamlin in the fourth. That would be a great four first picks and would put us back into contention.
Oher wont' be gone. He will be there at #11.

But what I'm more interested in knowing is why you love Oher? People I talked to recently have said he's not a top half of the first round draft pick.

I am hoping the Bills traded Peters in large part because they feel Chambers can start at RT and be efficient, leaving the high draft pick we got from philly and our own first rounder to really get a defense that can generate pressure.

if we have to use that 11th pick on Oher, then I think the Peters trade was a horrible move.

I fully expect to see two impact players on this team via the first round, with neither being an OT

DrGraves
04-21-2009, 04:23 PM
TE is O-Line.

ish

Michael82
04-21-2009, 04:30 PM
If we draft a TE in the 1st round, I'm going to go nuts. It's a good thing I'll already be at Ralph Wilson Stadium...because I'll be able to vent my frustrations with fellow Bills fans and help torch the admin building. :up:

DMBcrew36
04-21-2009, 04:47 PM

Schobel is grossly overrated. And then after him we have no one. No one can get to the QB. Why even call it a pass rush?

Thus, we need a DE badly. But, knowing the Bills organization, they probably are dumb enough to think their current group is fine. Maybe they should look at the top teams in the league - those teams have DEs that actually get to the QB.

Nighthawk
04-21-2009, 05:32 PM

Thoughts?

I like Schein as a talk show host, but he really doesn't have a clue when it comes to specific teams and what's good for them.

Yasgur's Farm
04-21-2009, 06:20 PM
1a - DE Everette Brown or OT Michael Oher
1b - OT Ebon Britton or DE Robert Ayers
2 - OLB Conner Barwin or DT Evander Hood
3 - DT Sen'Derrick Marks or OLB Cody Brown
4a - TE Shawn Nelson (steal of the draft) or G Andy Levitre (another steal)
4b - G Trevor Canfield or TE Anthony Hill

kid mickey
04-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Oher is on the top of the list. Everette Brown is below him. The only way I would be happy with taking Everette Brown would be if Michael Oher was already gone.

tampabay25690
04-21-2009, 09:36 PM
I like cushing AT 11

jimbohastle51
04-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Oher wont' be gone. He will be there at #11.

But what I'm more interested in knowing is why you love Oher? People I talked to recently have said he's not a top half of the first round draft pick.

I am hoping the Bills traded Peters in large part because they feel Chambers can start at RT and be efficient, leaving the high draft pick we got from philly and our own first rounder to really get a defense that can generate pressure.

if we have to use that 11th pick on Oher, then I think the Peters trade was a horrible move.

I fully expect to see two impact players on this team via the first round, with neither being an OT

i think it is pretty obvious we will be trading for at least one vetran lineman before or on draft day and in my opinion the bills want ayers or matthews and will move up or whatever they have to do if one is gone with there 28th if they are forced to take smith if he falls to us at 11. if smith isnt there at 11 and one of the QBs are left they will try to move back a spot or 2 to get our DE and get another pick but if we are forced to pick at 11 without smith being there and no QB there for leverage to trade back i really think they are willing to take ayers or matthews right there at 11. i dont think they will take oher at 11, because your right he is not a top 15 player and britton and beatty are not that far off from him and they can be had later and really britton could go before oher.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-22-2009, 03:57 AM
A few of things to keep in mind:

1.) The Bills have only three TEs on the roster: Fine, Schouman and Stupar. You need to have a minimum of five and better yet 6-7 for training camp. Of the TEs that they have, only Fine can be considered a good in-line blocker (and even that is questionable), so they have to add at least one TE who can block to effectively run any two TE sets. While there are veteran blocking TEs that they can add, none would give them much in the way of pass receiving.

2.) With the trade of Peters, I believe that the Bills only have 9-10 offensive linemen on the roster. They need to have 15-16 for training camp. There is little young talent behind Walker, Bell and Chambers at OT or behind Hangartner, Butler and McKinnie at the interior line positions. Even if the Bills add two offensive linemen, an OT and an interior offensive lineman, in the draft, they will still need to add additional offensive linemen after the draft.

OTs take longer to develop than interior offensive linemen. Oher, Britten and Beatty will all take at least a season to develop before they can start at LT (especially given the way the Bills are loathe to start inexperienced O-linemen, especially on the left side).

3.) There are serious questions about all of the offensive tackles and defensive ends likely to still be on the board at # 11.

4.) Pettigrew is the most well-round TE in the draft. There are questions about all of the other TEs in the draft, even though it is a deep draft at the position.

5.) If Stafford and Sanchez go in the Top 10, there will only be one first day prospect left at QB, Freeman, and a couple of teams still needing a QB positioned right behind the Bills in the draft.

6.) Right now the Bills appear to have five positions of priority to fill (if they do not feel Bell will be ready to start this season) and only four picks in the first three rounds to fill them with.