PDA

View Full Version : This Draft Lacks True Stars

ghz in pittsburgh
04-21-2009, 02:45 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/43260222.html

Over the weekend here, the Pitt football writer quoted Modrak and a few other different personnel men saying just about the same thing.

Now this could be mis-information that these people put out there. But I keep hearing the same kind of general opinion out there.

For the Bills, I really don't expect that they hit on a star, like a Roethlisberger at #11. I just hope they get solid starters.

Kenny
04-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Good find.

Looking back at this time last year, with all the talk and rumors of us going for Brandon Albert....

ddaryl
04-21-2009, 02:53 PM
which is why many of the LB's and DE's that will be available at #11 have everyone scratching their heads and picking different favorites.

OpIv37
04-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Shhhhhh....... don't ruin the delusion!

"We're going to find two starting offensive linemen, a starting DE who can generate pass rush, a starting OLB, an upgrade at TE, a S and all around depth in this draft. Everyone we draft will contribute on day one and it'll be ok.... really, it WILL be ok... tell me it will be OK!!!!!!!"

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 02:57 PM
It's the OTs which are getting slatted.

Pinkerton Security
04-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Shhhhhh....... don't ruin the delusion!

"We're going to find two starting offensive linemen, a starting DE who can generate pass rush, a starting OLB, an upgrade at TE, a S and all around depth in this draft. Everyone we draft will contribute on day one and it'll be ok.... really, it WILL be ok... tell me it will be OK!!!!!!!"

honestly? who have you heard at all saying we are getting that many?

-We need a potential starting LT
-We need a DE who can rush the passer, not necessarily start
-We could use an upgrade at TE
-We could use an upgrade at WLB
-We dont need a safety, just someone to push Ko or Scott

I know many have high hopes, but it isnt out of question to get 3 solid contributors with #11, #28, and our 2nd rounder.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-21-2009, 03:24 PM
honestly? who have you heard at all saying we are getting that many?

-We need a potential starting LT
-We need a DE who can rush the passer, not necessarily start
-We could use an upgrade at TE
-We could use an upgrade at WLB
-We dont need a safety, just someone to push Ko or Scott

I know many have high hopes, but it isnt out of question to get 3 solid contributors with #11, #28, and our 2nd rounder.

Count me in the minority but I think the Bills will actually get a LG starter out of this draft, not necessarily with their 1st pick. I don't want to reveal who told me what -- just look out for Max Unger.

ddaryl
04-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Count me in the minority but I think the Bills will actually get a LG starter out of this draft, not necessarily with their 1st pick. I don't want to reveal who told me what -- just look out for Max Unger.

g/c in round 2 is a definite possibility...

Jan Reimers
04-21-2009, 03:51 PM
"We're going to find two starting offensive linemen, a starting DE who can generate pass rush, a starting OLB, an upgrade at TE, a S and all around depth in this draft. Everyone we draft will contribute on day one and it'll be ok...
Great, Op. I knew you'd eventually get out of your funk and come over to the bright side.:bighug: