PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe Trade?

HAMMER
04-21-2009, 04:01 PM
What in Sam Hell is wrong with the FO? I can not believe they would consider trading one of the best PR men in the league over the last few years. He is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. I will be most unhappy if the Bills let him go for some 4th or 5th round draft choice. This is getting old, my fandom is being severely tested.

Jan Reimers
04-21-2009, 04:05 PM
What in Sam Hell is wrong with the FO? I can not believe they would consider trading one of the best PR men in the league over the last few years. He is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. I will be most unhappy if the Bills let him go for some 4th or 5th round draft choice. This is getting old, my fandom is being severely tested.
I totally agree. Why would we dump a great punt returner for a low draft pick? What do we gain? BTW, my fandom has been severely tested for 50 years, but so far, so good.

patmoran2006
04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
The only way it would be feasible to me is if the Bills were looking to trade him to create more cash to go out and make a trade for a veteran player of their own.

Unfortunately, that's how it works in Buffalo.. You pay someone, you lose someone. Happens all the time, not enough fans pay attention to it though.

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2009, 04:14 PM
I don't think trading him for a 4th round pick is a bad idea for the following reasons:

1. Roscoe is a great and dynamic punt returner. But part of his success is the coaching of Bobby April and punt return team. Case in point - Fred Jackson actually had a higher return average than Roscoe last year. Granted he had 7 returns as compared to Roscoe's 21, but you get the point. In fact, Parrish's average was 15.3. The team average was 15.5.

2. McKelvin was actually a better punt returned in college than he was a kick-off returner. With the new rules on kick-offs and the wedge, the Bills could use him on punt returns and only occassionaly on KO returns (assuming they do not want him doing both and playing CB full time).

3. Roscoe, while making some great plays also made some stupid one's (i.e. fielding the ball at the 3 yard line)

4. This frees up money that could be used to trade and extend Waters or Scheffler.

5. The logjam at Wide Reciever. Evans and TO start. Reed is #3. The coaches and many of us love Johnson as #4. If Hardy is healthy, he needs to play as #5. And Jenkins ability as a gunner and lower salary makes him fine as a #6 (if they keep 6)

In a perfect world, I say keep him. He is exciting and dynamic. I also think he could be used better on offense. But trading him for a 4th is not a bad idea and I am not sure it will be as devastating to the punt return game as people think.

DrGraves
04-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Don't we have a ton of cap space still either way?

The only way it would be feasible to me is if the Bills were looking to trade him to create more cash to go out and make a trade for a veteran player of their own.

Unfortunately, that's how it works in Buffalo.. You pay someone, you lose someone. Happens all the time, not enough fans pay attention to it though.

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 04:16 PM
and he only comes into his element if we force team to punt

streetkings01
04-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Maybe because the coaching staff feel that Stevie Johnson can be more of a threat in the passing game?

Michael82
04-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Move Leodis McKelvin to strictly punt returns. Have Dominic Rhodes return kicks. :up:

The last buffalo fan
04-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Move Leodis McKelvin to strictly punt returns. Have Dominic Rhodes return kicks. :up:

Is he any good on KO's?

Michael82
04-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Is he any good on KO's?
He's alright. He used to be good. Plus with our STs, I think anyone would look good on KRs....

<TABLE class=datatablecell cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class="datatablehead BUFcolors"><TD colSpan=12>
Kick Return
</TD></TR><TR class=datatabledatahead><TD width=20>Year</TD><TD width=140>Team</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>Ret</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>Lng</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>20+</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>FC</TD><TD>FUM</TD></TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD>2008</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts (http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/profile?team=IND) </TD><TD>15</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TR><TR class=whiteback><TD>2007</TD><TD>Oakland Raiders (http://www.nfl.com/teams/oaklandraiders/profile?team=OAK) </TD><TD>10</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>312</TD><TD>19.5</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD>2006</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts (http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/profile?team=IND) </TD><TD>16</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TR><TR class=whiteback><TD>2005</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts (http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/profile?team=IND) </TD><TD>13</TD><TD>41</TD><TD>855</TD><TD>20.9</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD>2004</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts (http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/profile?team=IND) </TD><TD>16</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>1,188</TD><TD>24.8</TD><TD>88T</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TR><TR class=whiteback><TD>2003</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts (http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/profile?team=IND) </TD><TD>11</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>411</TD><TD>25.7</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD>2002</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts (http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/profile?team=IND) </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TR><TR class=whiteback><TD>2001</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts (http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/profile?team=IND) </TD><TD>15</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>356</TD><TD>25.4</TD><TD>88T</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TR><TR class=datatabledatahead><TD colSpan=2>TOTAL</TD><TD>96</TD><TD>135</TD><TD>3,122</TD><TD>23.1</TD><TD>88</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>85</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

don137
04-21-2009, 04:38 PM
I get very nervous trading for a draft pick because I have no faith in the front office in landing a quality player in the midle rounds. For the most part they have drafted journeyman and no player that turned into a great player that was taken in the middle rounds. I rather trade for a player (Waters and a pick for Parrish or Sheffler and a pick for Parrish).

Michael82
04-21-2009, 04:41 PM
I get very nervous trading for a draft pick because I have no faith in the front office in landing a quality player in the midle rounds. For the most part they have drafted journeyman and no player that turned into a great player that was taken in the middle rounds. I rather trade for a player (Waters and a pick for Parrish or Sheffler and a pick for Parrish).
That's what I see happening. If we move Roscoe, it will be in a trade for Waters or someone else that will help us out.

HAMMER
04-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Why does everyone keep mentioning Waters, Pioli stated he will not trade him.

patmoran2006
04-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Don't we have a ton of cap space still either way?
Yes.
having it, and spending it are two different things.

sdbillsfan2
04-21-2009, 06:42 PM
I think we're all missing Coach Dickies master plan for the season.

He figures why should he keep one of the best PUNT return guys out there if it's not in the play book to force the other team to punt anyway? His new strategy this year is let them score at will since we have no pass rush, or hope they fumble, then let our new and improved massive offensive front line take over , and blow our way down the field. :crazy:

We keep crap players and let the better ones go ...doesn't make much sense.

elltrain22
04-21-2009, 06:49 PM
I love Roscoe, but he's expentible. We have kick returns and punt returns squared away w/ Leodis, and action Jackson. Also, the emergence of Steve Johnson has created less of an opportunity for him. I say if we can get a 4th rounder, get'r'done.

Mitchell55
04-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Hes last on our DC, he is payed like a starter, we have 3 capable PRs, 1 was a top PR in college, we could use the pick to get Waters or Henderson.

guy
04-21-2009, 07:24 PM
I love Roscoe, but he's expentible. We have kick returns and punt returns squared away w/ Leodis, and action Jackson. Also, the emergence of Steve Johnson has created less of an opportunity for him. I say if we can get a 4th rounder, get'r'done. thank you, someone with some common sense. most of you guys make me laugh with your whinning and complaining.(expendable)

sdbillsfan2
04-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Why does everyone keep mentioning Waters, Pioli stated he will not trade him.

Maybe you should say it louder hammer. It seems Mitch still thinks it's an option!

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2009, 08:08 PM
I could care less about Roscoe. He is strictly a punt returner. Leodis could easily fill this role.

jamze132
04-22-2009, 04:44 AM
I have no problems trading Parrish for a 4th. Besides, we could use these "new" picks to trade up if wanted.