PDA

View Full Version : Bills scouts finishing up draft board

The Spaz
04-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Tom Modrak’s staff is finishing up the final grades on their last two positions Tuesday and Wednesday.

Tuesday is offensive tackles and Wednesday will be the wide receivers. After that they’ll be tidying up the draft board and making calls to check on all the prospects to make sure things haven’t come up like injuries training or a case like that of LSU’s Demetrius Byrd who was in a car accident.

Then the top decision makers, Mr. Wilson, Russ Brandon, Tom Modrak and Dick Jauron will huddle up toward the end of the week to map out a few specific scenarios.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/21/bills-scouts-finishing-up-draft-board/

ddaryl
04-21-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm sorry but I hope to god Ralph isn't a decision maker in this, especially at 90+ years. Keep the kid out of the candy store.

yordad
04-21-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm sorry but I hope to god Ralph isn't a decision maker in this, especially at 90+ years. Keep the kid out of the candy store.I feel the same way. Well, except I'm not sorry. :chuckle:

Saratoga Slim
04-21-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm sorry but I hope to god Ralph isn't a decision maker in this, especially at 90+ years. Keep the kid out of the candy store.

I hope he's more of a secondary participant, but it's not a huge deal to hear that he's in on the strategy sessions. If you were the owner, wouldn't you at least want to be in the room for that exercise? If you don't, you really don't care about football. Who here wouldn't give their eyeteeth to participate in the draft process?

kid mickey
04-21-2009, 08:32 PM
They saved OT for so late in the process? Must want to have it fresh in their minds come draft day.

T-Long
04-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Its not gonna matter how they have the OT ranked, just if they like Oher or not

djjimkelly
04-21-2009, 10:22 PM
i dont know if anyone noticed lol but at the bottom of that article it says could LB curry be an option for bills at 11 that is ****ing comical. hes the best player in draft but an option for bills LMAO.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/21/could-lb-curry-be-option-for-bills-at-11/

great analysis LMFAO

Mitchell55
04-21-2009, 10:29 PM
They saved OT for so late in the process? Must want to have it fresh in their minds come draft day.
We didnt need a OT till now.

SABURZFAN
04-21-2009, 10:33 PM
We didnt need a OT till now.

he's making a funny about the dunderheads at OBD.

jamze132
04-22-2009, 04:36 AM
I heard OBD was taking a 3-day weekend...

clumping platelets
04-22-2009, 05:52 AM
That's because I'll be taking over :D

clumping platelets
04-22-2009, 05:53 AM
Harvin at #11, Freeman at #28, Sheets at #42............

Night Train
04-22-2009, 06:14 AM
I hope they put a red line through anyone that already has a character or work ethic issue. Enough of this crap.

If you can't realize the opportunity you have in front of you and aren't willing to work, go play somewhere else.

Quit settling.

patmoran2006
04-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Its not gonna matter how they have the OT ranked, just if they like Oher or not
Absolutely right.

If the Bills do like Oher enough, he will be there at #11 and there really isn't much of a decision to be made with THAT pick.

Personally, I hope not. I think they're idiots if they traded Peters away without confidence that Chambers can play RT.

I'd rather they target a good LG via trade or draft; because I think Chambers at LG and a rookie or Bell at OT starting is a trainwreck waiting to happen.

realdealryan
04-22-2009, 07:43 AM
I'd rather they target a good LG via trade or draft; because I think Chambers at LG and a rookie or Bell at OT starting is a trainwreck waiting to happen.

I'm more worried about Hangartner against Wilfork in a contract year. Well, and how the rest of the line shakes out. So basically the whole line. Trainwreck might be very accurate with our schedule this year.

Commissioner
04-22-2009, 08:41 AM

Think about those 4 guys drafting for us... then think about Miami with Parcells and New England with Belichick.

We are out of our league.

Commissioner
04-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Absolutely right.

If the Bills do like Oher enough, he will be there at #11 and there really isn't much of a decision to be made with THAT pick.

Personally, I hope not. I think they're idiots if they traded Peters away without confidence that Chambers can play RT.

Kind of strange though.... not paying Peters and then giving a bunch of money to an unproven rookie.

I don't see the Bills drafting an OT with #11. They will look ******ed.

I can see them taking Pettigrew at #11 even if some think it's a reach.

justasportsfan
04-22-2009, 10:14 AM
I wonder where PAt White is on Modraks board. Wouldn't be surprised if they take him if he's there in the later rounds.