PDA

View Full Version : Ko Simpson being shopped by Bills

Nighthawk
04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't think he has any value, so they're probably just feeling out if anybody is dumb enough to give us something for him. It's amazing, but this organization seems to finally be figuring out that they're players just aren't good enough.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/04/sources-bills-shopping-simpson/

homeslice5484
04-21-2009, 08:47 PM
backup at best on this team. Id draft someone to take his spot or get a FA pickup after June 1.

Nighthawk
04-21-2009, 08:51 PM
backup at best on this team. Id draft someone to take his spot or get a FA pickup after June 1.

I agree...

Oaf
04-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Do you know who I am? I'm Ko Simpson! I'm worth a 2013 7th round pick!

Lexwhat
04-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Ko Simpson for Rat Poison...

Anyone think Home Depot or Lowe's is dumb enough to give up the Rat Poison??

RandolphDuke
04-21-2009, 10:07 PM
So, we needed to start another thread about this?

Mitchell55
04-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Wow. All our Levy players that werent worth anything being shopped. Ko, Parrish, Kelsay, Doc, Royal. Also McCargo last year.

Mitchell55
04-21-2009, 10:32 PM
LOL BB.com posters are dumb as hell. A guy wrote that Ko got traded for a washer and everyone believed him and is asking for a link. LOL

Dying_-2-_Live
04-21-2009, 10:39 PM
LOL BB.com posters are dumb as hell. A guy wrote that Ko got traded for a washer and everyone believed him and is asking for a link. LOL
hahahaha, that is classic

LifetimeBillsFan
04-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Simpson has never been the same since he broke his leg.

Without knowing just how serious that injury was it is hard to say whether his problem coming back from it has been physical or mental (there are some guys who just never can recapture that aggressiveness that you need to be successful after they have been injured). Either way, he just hasn't looked as fast or as aggressive as he was before.

You never know if a guy is going to be able to come all the way back or not after he has played the way Simpson has played since his injury, so any team that trades for him is going to be taking a risk. Consequently, I don't think any team is going to give up anything more than a 6th or 7th round pick for him, especially with his legal issues.

Frankly, George Wilson has played better as a back-up FS than Simpson and probably costs less. If the Bills move Whitner to FS permanently, there is no reason for them to keep Simpson. With Scott and Wendling, the Bills can afford to draft a SS in the middle rounds or wait until someone cuts a safety in TC and draft a safety next season.

IMHO this is just another case of trying to get something for a player who hasn't played up to his contract or reputation. If the Bills can do that, more power to them!

kernowboy
04-22-2009, 02:51 AM
Agreed LTBF or the Bills might like the look of someone like Sherrod Martin from TroySt in the 3rd and pull the trigger especially as Martin has the reputation of playing through injuries.

When the scouted McKelvin, the probably noted the FS lining up as well.

Captain gameboy
04-22-2009, 03:22 AM
Believe the Wonderlic.

Buddo
04-22-2009, 03:28 AM
Wow. All our Levy players that werent worth anything being shopped. Ko, Parrish, Kelsay, Doc, Royal. Also McCargo last year.

Parrish and Kelsay don't have anything to do with Levy. Please get your facts straight.

patmoran2006
04-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Parrish and Kelsay don't have anything to do with Levy. Please get your facts straight.
Maybe you should as well.

While Kelsay wasn't drafted by the Bills, it was Levy who resigned him when he was to become a FA to a 4 year, $24 million deal.. That leaves Levy with having PLENTY to do with him.

WHen was Parrish extended? Was it during Levy's GM run or after?

TacklingDummy
04-22-2009, 06:58 AM
If they can't trade him, cut him.

trapezeus
04-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Simpson's play last year was lethal. there was one play vs the jets in NJ, where mckelvin literally passed simpson like a high school kid running past an elementary school kid to make a tackle.

Like Lifetimebillsfan said, this could be a product of his broken leg. I would be surprised if he has any tradeable value. He's like mortgage backed securities. You can say what you want for them, but the truth is your going to only get a fraction of that offered to you. then you have to determine, "is this really worthless and 30 cents on the dollar is better than 0 cents on the dollar?"

For Simpson, i can't envision him making a single play that we'll need next year. he doesn't contribute on ST and like other said, Whitner to FS with two capable backups makes him very Parrish like. The last guy in a crowded situation.

THATHURMANATOR
04-22-2009, 08:42 AM
We might be able to get some used jock strap for him but that is about it.

billsfanone
04-22-2009, 09:00 AM
We should slash Simpson from the roster.

THATHURMANATOR
04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
We should slash Simpson from the roster.
If the cleets don't fit he must be a cut.

billsfanone
04-22-2009, 09:06 AM
If the coverage is lacking, send him packing.

OpIv37
04-22-2009, 09:21 AM
It's amazing, but this organization seems to finally be figuring out that they're players just aren't good enough.

too bad they didn't figure it out two months ago when FA was starting and there was a chance to so something about it, or better yet two years ago so we could be done with this damn rebuilding already.

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2009, 09:25 AM
too bad they didn't figure it out two months ago when FA was starting and there was a chance to so something about it, or better yet two years ago so we could be done with this damn rebuilding already.

I know people will not listen to this, but the Bills FA was actually not that bad and compared to other teams was fairly solid. There was not much out there this year to choose from.

OpIv37
04-22-2009, 09:37 AM
I know people will not listen to this, but the Bills FA was actually not that bad and compared to other teams was fairly solid. There was not much out there this year to choose from.

The lack of alternatives do not make this team any better.

Going into the off-season, we had obvious holes at C, OLB, DE and TE. For better or worse, we added LG and LT to that list, and only addressed C.

Maybe no one was available at DE, OLB, TE, LG or LT, or maybe they were and the FO failed to sign them. It's irrelevant because either way, we have 5 major holes to fill and only the draft and other teams' garbage after June 1 to fill them.

Oaf
04-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Let me see.

:snicker:

mikemac2001
04-22-2009, 05:03 PM
if we cant trade him

Wait to see how he is in training camp if he still sucks thats when u cut him