X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Something definitely changed at OBD

do not strike me as the usual style for the management of the Bills.

And don't tell me it's the Ralph ordering the fire sale. He's been at the helm of the Bills all these years and I don't think he suddenly wakes up at 90 year old and is trying something new.

It looks like someone just finished watching the tapes and done study of the roster and filed players on keeper folder and out box.

So who is this guy?
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Something definitely changed at OBD

its me.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

it is I, BillsWin. Master of deception and forger of pigskin prowess.

It is I who has come to rescue this mediocre franchise from the depths of its ineptitude.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• rcd333
        • Mar 2007

somethings going down. i think a trades coming

Comment

• losman2evans
          • Aug 2002

Trying to accumulate draft picks to move up in areas of the draft or just trying to get picks for players that they are planning to cut anyway.

Comment

• Mitchell55
            only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
            • Feb 2008

What im guessing his that the Henderson rumor couldve been both of our 4ths and now Ralph wants to make sure he stock piles so he can still have some left over.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Draft choices are cheaper than veterans

OR

Stockpiling picks so they can go after those players they really want

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                • Sep 2003

It could also be setting up contigency trades if/when certain situations arise during the draft. The Bills make it know who they are intersted in and who on the Bills is available. I'm sure it makes things easier when on the clock.

PTR
                10 Commandments of the D
                1. Never stop Rocking.
                2. Legalize all drugs.
                3. Quit your day job.
                4. All Religion should be taxed.
                5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                6. F**k her gently.
                7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                  • Aug 2002

Or Ralph isn't going to make it until the end of the season. They are keeping a few faces including TO to keep the fans coming, but dumping salaries as a cost cutting measure in order to make the books more attractive for whoever buys the team.
                  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by LABillsFan
                    Or Ralph isn't going to make it until the end of the season. They are keeping a few faces including TO to keep the fans coming, but dumping salaries as a cost cutting measure in order to make the books more attractive for whoever buys the team.
                    Or, not

Comment

• DRELOVESBills
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LABillsFan
                      that is the dumbest post i've heard so far in this thread

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

I personally think it is more of a sign that Tom Modrak is finally the GM of the team. I also see us being very active on draft day and trading for 1 or 2 vets.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Maybe they finally realize they can't win with marginal talent like Simpson, Kelsay etc.

Better late than never. See if you can get anything for them. If not, cut them.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Aug 2004

I think that they did an evaluation of the team and decided that they were going to get rid of those players who had had multiple chances to play up to their contracts and had failed to do so: Preston (via FA), Kelsay, Parrish, Simpson....

I think that they have decided to see if they can get anything for these players and, if not, at least they will have been put on notice that they are not far away from the team cutting them loose.

I also agree with Mikey, though, that they may be trying to accumulate draft picks because a Draft Day trade or two may be in the works. (There is one possibility that I am hoping will come through, but I don't want to talk about it a lot at this point--I've already mentioned it once earlier.)

Brandon has said, a couple of times, that the team had a plan coming into the offseason. Anyone who has watched what the Bills have done so far has to be wondering just exactly what that plan is/was.

Still, I don't think that Brandon was lying. I think that they do have a plan. But, that that plan has (or may have) suffered a setback or two (like Peters not accepting their contract extension) and has not as yet been fully realized. I think that they are still trying to implement that plan (or the portions of it that are still possible) and that we are going to see some movement in that direction over the next two weeks.

I think that the trade scenarios that are being floated out there are all part of setting the stage for what they want to try to do next. I don't know what that may be (I have some hopes and some suspicions). So, we'll just have to wait and see.

But, I definitely do think that there are some things that are in the works. Whether they all work out and come to fruition, only time will tell. But, I think we may see some things happening on Draft Day and perhaps immediately afterwards if things go well. I will be very disappointed if we don't.
                            Last edited by LifetimeBillsFan; 04-22-2009, 04:17 AM.
                            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Buddo
                              • Mar 2007

I think they really feel like they need as much 'flexibility' in this draft, as they can get. I don't think there is much in the way of 'outstanding' talent this year, but there's a lot of 'good' talent. The money side, is only part of the reason teams are looking to get out of the top 5 picks, the other aspect of it is that they don't see the value there for the pick, whereas they see the value from about 10 down.
                              In the area of 'good' players, I would also guess, that an awful lot of them grade out similarly, and much will depend on who teams think will 'fit' them best.
                              I would also tend to agree with Lifetime, that there are players being, at the least, 'put on notice'. And they need to be. Simpson has done nothing to deserve an overdose of ego, other than be on the Bills.It's all very well having a bit of 'attitude', but it has to be backed up on the field. You have to perform, deliver - otherwise it's just more hot air from an underachieving idiot.
                              I would also wonder how much Buddy Nix's addition has to do with this as well. Maybe he's of the belief that he can find players who are better than the likes of Simpson.
                              In the light of the signing of Rhodes, who admittedly was a necessity due to Lynch's suspension, are we seeing the Bills change their policy somewhat, towards what the Chargers look to do, which is try and get 3 starter quality guys at most positions.

Comment

Working...
                              X