PDA

View Full Version : The Best Mock I have seen

BigGabes23
04-22-2009, 08:17 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=60&&articleid=32563

This Top ten looks very likely to me. I am totally on board for KC taking Raji, it makes total sense. He is the only Premier DT in this draft and would play DT and DE in their new 3-4 scheem. They have five solid linebackers, and drafting non-rush linebacks in the top five never hapens. The only questionable picks I see are Arron Curry at 8 and A smith to SF at 10. Both of these are "value" picks and not the biggest need on these teams board. So I have two questions to discuss.

1. If the top ten falls this way, do you take M Oher over B Orakpo?
2. If you can trade up to 8 for our 1st, 4th, 6th do you do it? If so, do you take Curry or A Smith ?

I beleive That Orakpo would have the potential to make the biggest impact on this team and if he is on the board we would HAVE to take him. We would have 4 picks in the next three rounds to get some bodies for the line, including I beleive a Center at the second round pick.

As for the trade up, I think if Curry fell to 8 and you would have the opportunity to get him, you HAVE to do it. The deal I proposed would be a "deal" on the trade value chart by a only a few points, but Jacksonville. would LOVE to get out of this pick and still can get their guy Maclin at 11.

Thoughts?

User Manuel
04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
If you can get Currry move up and do it.

don137
04-22-2009, 09:31 AM
I can't see the Chiefs going with Raji. Didn't they already use the #5 overall pick last year on a DT? I can't see them taking two DTs in the top 5 of the draft two years in a row.

patmoran2006
04-22-2009, 09:42 AM
If Curry by some MIRACLE was on the board at #8 and we didnt move up to get him, i'd be furious.

Ed
04-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Never trade up. It's just not worth it. I love Curry but it's not like he's the next LT. Using multiple picks on a position like LB just sounds ******ed to me when we could use help on BOTH lines.

yordad
04-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Orakpo

Tatonka
04-22-2009, 10:26 AM
trade down.

zone
04-22-2009, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't touch a LT with either first round pick.

EDS
04-22-2009, 10:54 AM
I really like McShay's 7 round mock draft on ESPN - the Bills top three picks would be Orakpo, Britton and Mack. After that it gets less compelling but I would love the first three picks to go down like that.

Jan Reimers
04-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Oher and Pettigrew look nice on paper, but our pass rush will still look like crap on the field.

I don't know how some of these pundits failed to notice that we had NO PASS RUSH last season.

PromoTheRobot
04-22-2009, 11:31 AM
This mock is a joke. Tell Evan his Mom said to clean out the garage like she asked him to.

PTR

ddaryl
04-22-2009, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't touch a LT with either first round pick.

really ???

BigGabes23
04-22-2009, 01:01 PM
<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable id=Table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=487 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif
rotoworld.com:

Wake Forest LB Aaron Curry said Tuesday that he would be willing to take less money than last year's No. 1 pick Jake Long if the Lions selected him as the top pick in the draft.

Detroit wants to have a deal in place before the draft, so Curry's sentiment is sure to further endear him to the team's front office. Lions fans have already begun clamoring for the down-to-earth star who has invited a 12-year-old leukemia survivor to join him for draft festivities in New York.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
How can you not love this guy!!! I know it is a dream for him to fall to 8, but it is not impossible. I really think KC will pass on him at 3, and Cleveland is the only other team that would take hime before 8 IMHO.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=142646

kernowboy
04-22-2009, 01:17 PM
I'd take Everette Brown ahead of Oher. I don't see Orakpo falling that far but if he did, I still think Brown because he never takes a play off, whilst I think Orakpo does.

There is no way I'd take Pettigrew ahead of a LB - as I think TE depth is much better on Day2 than LB depth. I'd be amazed if the Falcons took Gilbert ahead of Pettigrew or the Steelers took Davis ahead of Mack

And I certainly don't think Brandon got fleeced in the Peters deal. Just wait to see how much Peters complains when Jason Smith gets his rookie deal.

New Ro's Greatest
04-22-2009, 01:20 PM
I hope somehow we could get Curry! Dude is a monster. GO BILLS:err: