PDA

View Full Version : CoachSal's Mock 1st Round

Coach Sal
04-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Based on what I believe will hapen, not what teams should do. No trades accounted for.

http://www.salsports.com/MockDraft2009.htm (http://www.salsports.com/MockDraft2009.htm)

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Great minds think alike Sal!

I just e-mailed a friend of mine that I expect the Bills to take Brown and Britton in the first.

Any thoughts on round 2?

And, being in sunny Florida, what are your thoughts on Cornelius Ingrahm? I would love him in the 3rd or 4th.

Yasgur's Farm
04-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Nice mock... I have no problem with either pick... They both have high talent/need ratios IMO.

I would however strongly consider Raji over Brown in this scenario.

soapman
04-22-2009, 11:35 AM
I would be sick if philly got Pettigrew!

Coach Sal
04-22-2009, 11:37 AM

I just e-mailed a friend of mine that I expect the Bills to take Brown and Britton in the first.

Any thoughts on round 2?

And, being in sunny Florida, what are your thoughts on Cornelius Ingrahm? I would love him in the 3rd or 4th.

I wouldn't be surprised if we went interior OL in the 2nd. I think Duke Robinson and Andy Levitre are possibilities if they are there.

I like Ingrahm, but I love Pettigrew.

T-Long
04-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Couple of opinions on my end:

1. I think if Raji is there, he is our pick. His paired with Stroud would be a helluva team.

2. If he isn't there, I think it will be Maybin over Brown.

3 I think Britt over Nicks. Britt to Ravens, Nicks to Giants unless they get Braylon

4. I like Mack over Wood...but all 3 centers are pretty close (Mack, Unger, Wood)

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2009, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we went interior OL in the 2nd. I think Duke Robinson and Andy Levitre are possibilities if they are there.

I can really see Levitre. Or maybe even Unger.

I love Pettigrew too, but he is gone in the early-mid 20's. Of the later rounds TE's, I think I like Ingrahm the best.

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2009, 11:41 AM
2. If he isn't there, I think it will be Maybin over Brown.

As I have said before and will say again, just say no to Maybin!!!!

T-Long
04-22-2009, 11:43 AM
As I have said before and will say again, just say no to Maybin!!!!
Can you honestly say you have watched him play? I'm not saying highlights, I'm saying full games.

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Can you honestly say you have watched him play? I'm not saying highlights, I'm saying full games.

I think I only caught one Penn St game this year.So no, Idid not see a ton of him. I am a FSU fan so I watched Brown much more. His athleticism is very intriquing.

But here are some basic issues with him:

1. One year wonder - always a red flag.

2. The quick gain of weight from 230 to 250. Can he maintain that weight during the football season when it is much more difficult to lift weights? Can he add more? If he does add more what happens to his quickness? His flexibility? Will he have muscle tearing issues? How did he add the weight? What happens when a team runs at him, not away from him? Can the Bills have Maybin and Schobel on the field at the same time?

FlyingDutchman
04-22-2009, 11:48 AM
why do i have this weird feeling were going to go some direction none of us are thinking. Like going with a Safety like Malcom Jenkins at 11

The Spaz
04-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Love it.:up::beers:

sauce
04-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Good mock...A couple disagreements though

1. I think the Bills are very high on Maybin

2. There is NO way Oher slips past Washington

3. Britton will not be there at #28

Jan Reimers
04-22-2009, 11:51 AM
I think Brown is the best pass rusher in the draft, and Britton is far less risky than either A. Smith or Oher, both of whom appear to be boom/bust guys. If we got Robinson or Levitre in the 2nd, I'd sleep very well on Saturday night - after a celebratory drink or three.

T-Long
04-22-2009, 11:52 AM
I think I only caught one Penn St game this year.So no, Idid not see a ton of him. I am a FSU fan so I watched Brown much more. His athleticism is very intriquing.

But here are some basic issues with him:

1. One year wonder - always a red flag.

2. The quick gain of weight from 230 to 250. Can he maintain that weight during the football season when it is much more difficult to lift weights? Can he add more? If he does add more what happens to his quickness? His flexibility? Will he have muscle tearing issues? How did he add the weight? What happens when a team runs at him, not away from him? Can the Bills have Maybin and Schobel on the field at the same time?

Everette Brown does have impressive stats, but where is he going to play? They say he is too small for DE, and too short for OLB.

I keep saying the same thing about the one year wonder thing. This was his first year as a starter because Maurice Evans was ahead of him! This was his only chance! Please check out more film on him and you'll see what I mean. Me being a PSU fan and you being a FSU man makes all the more sense on why we are higher on our own guys!

SABURZFAN
04-22-2009, 11:55 AM

:gag:

madness
04-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Pettigrew = damned if you do (too early @ #11) and damned if you don't (no way he makes it to 28).

That just flat out stinks.

bigbub2352
04-22-2009, 12:30 PM
I wouldnt be mad at that 1st rd

Sportsuser101
04-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Maybin is my favorite DE in the draft so I would take him ahead of any DE but i think if either Smith or Monroe are there you have to go with them. In this situation they aren't and I think they should go with Maybin who I think is exactly what we need

psubills62
04-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Pettigrew = damned if you do (too early @ #11) and damned if you don't (no way he makes it to 28).

That just flat out stinks.

Our best chance to grab him with solid value is if Sanchez falls to 11 and there's a team who wants to get him before Denver does. We could trade down and still get Pettigrew. Don't know if it will happen, but we'll see.

To Coach Sal: not a bad mock draft. I personally have some minor disagreements, but everyone will. One thing you might want to change is your spelling of Hakeem Nicks' last name.

BlackMetalNinja
04-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Good work Sal... we have the first 7 exactly the same, but after that, only Miami and Tennessee. I think this is the most wide open draft in years, a few picks here and there can completely alter the whole first round.

Bert102176
04-22-2009, 03:55 PM

I really think Pettigrew is our first pick even if we don't trade down we have reached before, RECENTLY too

madness
04-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Our best chance to grab him with solid value is if Sanchez falls to 11 and there's a team who wants to get him before Denver does. We could trade down and still get Pettigrew. Don't know if it will happen, but we'll see.

To Coach Sal: not a bad mock draft. I personally have some minor disagreements, but everyone will. One thing you might want to change is your spelling of Hakeem Nicks' last name.

Yep, I posted the same thing in the Pettigrew thread. :up:

Jan Reimers
04-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Everette Brown does have impressive stats, but where is he going to play? They say he is too small for DE, and too short for OLB.

I keep saying the same thing about the one year wonder thing. This was his first year as a starter because Maurice Evans was ahead of him! This was his only chance! Please check out more film on him and you'll see what I mean. Me being a PSU fan and you being a FSU man makes all the more sense on why we are higher on our own guys!
Brown is listed as 6'-4" and 252 lbs. Heavier than Schobel and taller than any LB we have. And productive.

psubills62
04-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Brown is listed as 6'-4" and 252 lbs. Heavier than Schobel and taller than any LB we have. And productive.

Brown is officially listed as 6'2" on nfl.com:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/everette-brown?id=71227

There have been a lot of reports listing him as 6'1", so I'm guessing he's in between the two. That's fairly short. I'd actually love to get Brown, but he is fairly short. That's one reason he might fall to us come Saturday.

jamze132
04-23-2009, 01:51 AM
If Raji is there at #11, he must be the pick, ESPECIALLY over Everett Brown.

I still stand by my prediction that Raji will be the best player in this class when it's all said and done.

alohabillsfan
04-23-2009, 05:16 AM
I doubt that Raji makes it past Green Bay. They are switching to the 3-4 and NT's for that defense are hard to get, they will not pass on Raji!