T-Long
04-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Bills Picks:

1. Brian Orakpo DE/OLB
1. Eben Britton OT
2. Alex Mack C
3. Alex Magee DT
4. Cameron Morrah TE
4. (He didn't have us with an extra 4th)
5. Kevin Ellison OLB
6. Nate Davis QB
7. Andrew Means WR

Discuss!

THATHURMANATOR
04-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Bills Picks:

1. Brian Orakpo DE/OLB
1. Eben Britton OT
2. Alex Mack C
3. Alex Magee DT
4. Cameron Morrah TE
5. Kevin Ellison OLB
6. Nate Davis QB
7. Andrew Means WR

Discuss!
I hope Kevin is not Keith's brother.

Jan Reimers
04-22-2009, 11:56 AM
I think he is. So just say no.

circlethewagons
04-22-2009, 11:58 AM

:rofl: Im almost positive i read somewhere that he is his brother. He kinda funny if he pushed Kieth off the team

Pinkerton Security
04-22-2009, 11:58 AM
would like that draft quite a bit.

T-Long
04-22-2009, 12:00 PM
He is his brother and he is really good

Jan Reimers
04-22-2009, 12:01 PM
would like that draft quite a bit.
The first three choices are great, and Davis would really be a good developmental QB.

Oaf
04-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Can't argue with that first 4, except I still hold our need at LB is more profound that most think and will really keep us back from dominating offenses even with a talented secondary.

nateodoms'bff
04-22-2009, 12:03 PM
I dont care for any of these picks. Tight End is not an issue. OLB is. Drafting a TE before a LB is insanity. Taking Orakpo is a foolish move also. He clearly does not fit this system. Unless he is going to play for Schoebel, this is a waste of a pick. Taking both Britton and Mack is also foolish. One or the other, but not both. Both will not start, so drafting depth in either the 1st or 2nd round is foolish, when there is a galring need at OLB.

This mock draft is a testament to how little these "proffessional" scouts, actually know about the teams in this league

Mitchell55
04-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Bills Picks:

1. Brian Orakpo DE/OLB
1. Eben Britton OT
2. Alex Mack C
3. Alex Magee DT
4. Cameron Morrah TE
5. Kevin Ellison OLB
6. Nate Davis QB
7. Andrew Means WR

Discuss!

Magee for Sen Derricks, Morrah for Beckum

Mahdi
04-22-2009, 12:11 PM
I dont care for any of these picks. Tight End is not an issue. OLB is. Drafting a TE before a LB is insanity. Taking Orakpo is a foolish move also. He clearly does not fit this system. Unless he is going to play for Schoebel, this is a waste of a pick. Taking both Britton and Mack is also foolish. One or the other, but not both. Both will not start, so drafting depth in either the 1st or 2nd round is foolish, when there is a galring need at OLB.

This mock draft is a testament to how little these "proffessional" scouts, actually know about the teams in this league
A TE for Edwards would have more of an impact than an OLB. OLBs are great when you have a great DL. Can you tell me who plays OLB for the Giants? what about the Eagles?

The Spaz
04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
I like it alright but can do without the QB and the TE he chose.

M
04-22-2009, 12:25 PM
I thought Kevin Ellison was a safety??

SABURZFAN
04-22-2009, 12:27 PM
the 4th Round pick he didn't have would be a great spot for a S.

SABuffalo786
04-22-2009, 12:28 PM
The first 3 picks would be a dream.

patmoran2006
04-22-2009, 12:28 PM
overall-- LOVE IT

Except I will say this for the 10,000th time.
If the BIlls arent confident enough in Chambers to play RT, they should've NEVER traded Jason Peters.

The Spaz
04-22-2009, 12:31 PM
I thought Kevin Ellison was a safety??

He's a tweener.

seanbillsfan
04-22-2009, 12:32 PM

lol! I thought april fools day was weeks ago?

Mitchell55
04-22-2009, 12:40 PM
overall-- LOVE IT

Except I will say this for the 10,000th time.
If the BIlls arent confident enough in Chambers to play RT, they should've NEVER traded Jason Peters.

I guarentee its

LT- Walker
LG- Butler
C- Han
RG- FA/Draft
RT- Bell

The Spaz
04-22-2009, 12:42 PM
I guarentee its

LT- Walker
LG- Butler
C- Han
RG- FA/Draft
RT- Bell

I guarantee you are wrong.:up:

Akhippo
04-22-2009, 12:47 PM
If we are going off the projected slotting on his mock I would def. take Orakpo.
1a Orakpo
1b Maualuga
2 Mack
3 D Robinson
4a Not sure about a TE here. Would seem like more of the same.
4b Corner
5 Ellison - But i would make him a SS
6 Rhett Bomar

I would go with solidifying the interior O line this year. Plus Maulauga and Orakpo would really help our D this year. Except for the LT I think this would shore up alot of holes we have.

The Spaz
04-22-2009, 12:49 PM
If we are going off the projected slotting on his mock I would def. take Orakpo.
1a Orakpo
1b Maualuga
2 Mack
3 D Robinson
4a Not sure about a TE here. Would seem like more of the same.
4b Corner
5 Ellison - But i would make him a SS
6 Rhett Bomar

I would go with solidifying the interior O line this year. Plus Maulauga and Orakpo would really help our D this year. Except for the LT I think this would shore up alot of holes we have.

Don't think Robinson makes it to our 3rd and Ellison is way too slow to be a DB.

kernowboy
04-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Day1 is okay but I don't think any of the first 3 picks will fall to us.

Orakpo will likely go to Cleveland and won't fall past Green Bay.

Minnesota desperately need a RT, and in fact depending how far Andre Smith falls, Britton could go as high as #16 to the Chargers.

There is no way Mack falls beyond the Steelers. Hartwig was the biggest concern on their Offensive Line last year.

I have called the first four picks

1. DE - Everette Brown
1. WLB - James Laurinaitis
2. LT - Gerald Cadogan
3. FS - Sherrod Martin

I think we can get another OL and TE with the 4th round pics and starters if necessary, because of the depth of the TE class, and the comparative lack of need at the position. Only the Falcons is desperate for a TE starter.

Brown gives us sacks, Laurinaitis can also play at SLB and MLB and with Poz and Mitchell gives a nasty LB trio, Cadogan has the ability to be a Day1 starter like Matt Light and no-one will work harder to be lining up there on Day1, whilst the woes of Simpson and Whitner means FS has become a need and I am sure the front office saw the talent of Martin when they scouted McKelvin.

What my picks have as well are zero character flaws and after the misadventures this summer, I think the Front Office are desperate for some quiet time.

ddaryl
04-22-2009, 01:00 PM
I like the draft but it appears more fantasy then reality

but hell better to live in fantasy land when your a Bills fan. Reality usually hurts to much

Akhippo
04-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Im only using the mock draft and his player positioning. He had Robinson a couple past our third. I dont thing Rey falls to 28th let alone 30th.

Ellison would still be a good SS. Move Donte to FS.

kernowboy
04-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Ellison is slower than McCargo. Certainly not worth a pick.

tatersalad
04-22-2009, 02:15 PM
that is his brother his other brother played for BYU they are a very athletic family I would love to get Kevin here

ILOVEMIBILLS
04-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Don't foresee the Bills taking a QB. With the signing of Fitzpatrick, we've got TE, Fitz, Gibran, and Baker. Would not be surprised if they signed a UDFA but I doubt that they would draft a QB. Don't see Mack being drafted by the Bills, because I don't think they'll address the Center position until 4th or 5th round. Definitely will address Safety. A lot depends on if the Bills are looking to switch Donte from Strong to Free.

Just some random thoughts.

Patti120
04-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Love the first 3

Bert102176
04-22-2009, 03:46 PM
I think he is. So just say no.

actually he is alot better then Keith

Dr. Pepper
04-22-2009, 04:13 PM
we dont need nate davis. bring in drew willy as an UDFA if he isnt drafted.

nateodoms'bff
04-22-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure i really understand some of you and your logic.

For everyone screaming for Orakpo, or Brown, or Maybin, what have they done to to be worthy of the #11 pick? By that I mean, do you really think that adding a "pash rushing" DE on the strong side of the ball, is the smartest move for the Bills? Does having guys that are questionable against the run, play on the side of the line, most commonly run to? Sure these guys are talented, but there is a reason that they are listed as DE/OLB. They may not be best suited for a 4-3 cover 2 defense. However, the interior of the D-Line could sure use an upgrade. If Raji is there, he is the only pick that makes sense. Not an O-Lineman that will want a big contract, because he will be negotiating from a perceived point of leverage.

The overwhelming need at Linebacker is as clear as day. This system thrives on LB's that can cover, and tackle well. They don't need to make big plays, they just need to do there job, something that Ellison was grossly incapable of doing. Adding Raji, and Lauriniatis is the best and fastest way to make this team better. Then in Rd. 2, add a versatile O-Lineman that can play several differnt positions. Drafting guys that will either hold out or be a bust in the system, is not the way to build a succesful team.

sorry for the spelling.

BILLSROCK1212
04-22-2009, 05:12 PM
dislike the TE selection but other than that, the draft is acceptable

Mitchell55
04-22-2009, 06:04 PM
I guarantee you are wrong.:up:

No matter what Bells going to be in the competition for T. Walker is going to be at LT, which has already kind of been announced.

Michael82
04-22-2009, 06:44 PM
I love the first 4 picks. That would be a GREAT start to the draft. I prefer Everette Brown, but I would definitely take Orakpo.

Mike
04-22-2009, 08:21 PM
1. Brian Orakpo DE/OLB
1. Eben Britton OT
2. Alex Mack C
3. Alex Magee DT
4. Cameron Morrah TE
5. Kevin Ellison OLB
6. Nate Davis QB
7. Andrew Means WR

the fist 3 picks are great... but I don't think this scenario is likely to play out

How many of you would prefer Peters over Morrah & Britton?

Mike
04-22-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't think that Mack falls to us in the 2nd round.... But he would be a great selection.

Reminds me of Mangold a few years back [and even then I wanted Mangold -as we traded back in the 1st round].

SeatownBillsFan21
04-22-2009, 08:42 PM
I like it although i would take Everett Brown and skip the TE in the 4th and trade that pick for Sheffler as there is no point to draft another TE that is just a project.

ServoBillieves
04-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Bills Picks:

1. Brian Orakpo DE/OLB
1. Eben Britton OT
2. Alex Mack C
3. Alex Magee DT
4. Cameron Morrah TE
5. Kevin Ellison OLB
6. Nate Davis QB
7. Andrew Means WR

Discuss!

Do I like it? Yes. Orakpo comes in day one and starts, Britton can be evolved in to a starter at either tackle spot. Mack is an upgrade and can also be groomed. I see Magee as a poor pick, Morrah is OK, I don't want another starting Ellison at LB, and the last two picks are worthless.

I'll take that draft with a TE in the third, shift a SS and OLB to 4th, and draft another O-Lineman/FB in the last 3. I agree that it'd be nice for a late-round bloomer QB... but... do we really want to get rid of Gibran!?!?

tampabay25690
04-23-2009, 06:04 AM
I like that draft.....