PDA

View Full Version : We Need LINEMAN - Not Skill Players

Night Train
04-22-2009, 05:46 PM
We have enough WR's
We have enough RB's
We've drafted like 10 CB's lately (so it seems)
We're not drafting a QB
OOOOOOOh, look at that sexy TE !

We need...LINEMAN..on both sides of the ball.

You know... like winning teams do. See Patriots. It's science !

For crying out loud,I'm tired of copying the Lions (lack of) success plan.

THE NFL IS NOT A FREAKIN' MADDEN GAME !

Nighthawk
04-22-2009, 05:49 PM
We have enough WR's
We have enough RB's
We're not drafting a QB

Amen!!! Now it's up this organization to prove they actually get it!

X-Era
04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
We have enough WR's
We have enough RB's
We're not drafting a QB

Pettigrew is basically a 6th lineman... so that fits.

Ohh by the way, he can catch very well too.

I think he just might be our pick... yes it would be a shocker, yes some may think its a reach, but I would not be surprised.

Nighthawk
04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Pettigrew is basically a 6th lineman... so that fits.

Ohh by the way, he can catch very well too.

I think he just might be our pick... yes it would be a shocker, yes some may think its a reach, but I would not be surprised.

And it would set this team back for years to come.

RandolphDuke
04-22-2009, 05:57 PM
they out they damn mind if they pick a TE at 11.

Nighthawk
04-22-2009, 06:02 PM
they out they damn mind if they pick a TE at 11.

Yeah...what you said?!?!:wtf:

X-Era
04-22-2009, 06:03 PM
And it would set this team back for years to come.

In your opinion.

In my opinion they already did that with the Peters move.

kernowboy
04-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Not only that if we get on with Fine, and another mid-round TE this year whilst sorting out the lines and maybe WLB, we will be able to draft one of:

Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
Rob Gronkowski, Arizona
Dennis Pitta, BYU

In my opinion, all are better than Pettigrew, and Gronkowski has the ability to combine the blocking skills of his brother Dan, with the receiving skills of Cook, and Beckum.

Gresham and Gronkowski might be legitimate Top10 picks next year.

Don't Panic
04-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Add WLB to that Linemen wish and I'm with you 100%. We simply cannot afford to do anything with those first two picks except go two of OT, DE, WLB.

kernowboy
04-22-2009, 06:26 PM
If we sort out the lines this year and also WLB, maybe S, we have a decent chance of making the playoffs.

Next year we can go after a skill player like a top TE, and go deep into the playoffs.

This team will not be a contender in one draft, but if we draft cleverly it maybe in two.

X-Era
04-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Add WLB to that Linemen wish and I'm with you 100%. We simply cannot afford to do anything with those first two picks except go two of OT, DE, WLB.

On paper, I agree.

Patti120
04-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Casserly, Newsome and Lombardi all say that you take the best player available period, even if you don't necessarily need them.

Not disagreeing with this post, just sayin what some of the experts say.

kid mickey
04-22-2009, 09:45 PM
The pick has got to be an impact pick. I don't like Pettigrew at 11 at 28 now that is a good spot, but at 11 no way. That first pick has got to be in the trenches.

Al the Bills Fan
04-22-2009, 10:02 PM
The game is won and lost in the trenches!!! I would not be upset is we went O-line/D-line the whole 1st day. I bunch TE in with O-line by the way

madness
04-22-2009, 10:22 PM
The Patriots have only drafted 4 OL in the first three rounds in the past 10 years. The rest of their picks have been dominated by skill positions with a few DL in there.

jdbillsfan
04-22-2009, 10:29 PM
You also don't want to draft a player with too many question marks at 11. You need someone to come in and actually be a good starter for you. I think Pettigrew would fill that role better than some of the OLB/DE tweeners out there.

I would love Raji or even Andre Smith over Pettigrew, but after that I am not so sure. Maybin, Brown, Oher, Ayers seem to be the other options, but who knows what you are going to get with those guys. With Pettigrew, according to all the scouts, you are getting someone who is going to produce for you.

madness
04-22-2009, 10:49 PM
You also don't want to draft a player with too many question marks at 11. You need someone to come in and actually be a good starter for you. I think Pettigrew would fill that role better than some of the OLB/DE tweeners out there.

I would love Raji or even Andre Smith over Pettigrew, but after that I am not so sure. Maybin, Brown, Oher, Ayers seem to be the other options, but who knows what you are going to get with those guys. With Pettigrew, according to all the scouts, you are getting someone who is going to produce for you.

That right there is the difference between the Patriots and Bills drafts.

The Spaz
04-22-2009, 10:53 PM
I think everyone agree we need D-Line and O-line more than anything else. I haven't seen anybody want a WR or RB.

SABURZFAN
04-23-2009, 01:07 AM
the OL is thin with starters and backups. the DL isn't too bad but i don't see a DE in the draft who would be a difference maker. if anything, they might address that around the upcoming team cuts.

Night Train
04-23-2009, 04:30 AM
the OL is thin with starters and backups. the DL isn't too bad but i don't see a DE in the draft who would be a difference maker. if anything, they might address that around the upcoming team cuts.

That's why I wouldn't mind an Orakpo at #11 or Sintim at #28, who can play OLB and rush the passer with success.

Hell. I'm not hung up on the names or whether the pick was the right value. If he can hlp our line or rush the passer, draft him regardless of his name and rating.

alohabillsfan
04-23-2009, 05:52 AM
11 DE Everette Brown, DE/OLB, Florida State
28 OLB Clint Sintim, DE/OLB, Virginia
42 DT/DE Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State
75 OT TJ Lang, Michagan State
110 OG Kraig Urbik, Wisconsin
121 C A.Q. Shipley, Penn State

ddaryl
04-23-2009, 07:38 AM
THE GAME IS WON AND LOST IN THE TRENCHES...

and the Bills have been ignroing the trenches in the draft and dependig on late 1st day and 2nd day picks and it shows in the amount of playoff appearances we have had.

build the lines and maintain them !!!!!!!