PDA

View Full Version : Couple of revisions to my final favourite draft

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 07:07 AM
I'm speculating about Parrish still being traded but considering the WR situation in Tennessee and their return game, I would like to see them part with #94. Hell, I'd even throw in Chris Kelsay and Ko Simpson :)

Taking that into account here it is. The changes are those in black. I have decided to drop the idea of drafting a FB and gone with idea of occasionally 3xWR or 2xTE sets as the norm.

R1a Everette Brown LE (11) – pass rush is the No1 need. If their QB is flat on his arse we stop both the pass and the run

R1b James Laurinaitis WLB (28)- with both Beatty and Britton gone, by grabing a typical Bills player who can be paired with Poz and Mitchell for Buffalo’s ‘Legion of Doom’

R2 Gerald Cadogan LT (42) – the last LT with real left feet movement. Reminds a little of Matt Light and can play left guard so depending on the development of Bell ….. they could mix and match.

R3a Sherrod Martin FS (75) – with both Simpson and Whitner in trouble …. is Wilson a genuine NFL starter?

R3b Travis Beckum TE (94) – was stronger, quicker and lept higher than Pettigrew. The next Owen Daniels?

R4a Kraig Urbik OG (110) – we need a big ugly road grader and when Walker’s contract comes up, Butler can move outside

R4b Dan Gronkowski TE (121) – replaces Schouman on the roster. We need a scary blocker

R5 Vaughn Martin DT (147) – a raw talent to develop behind Stroud and Williams

R6 Jason Phillips LB (183) – we have too many small undersized guys. Lets get a player who has fallen due to injury but apparently recovering well. We seem to suffer a high number of LB injuries

R7 Drew Willy QB (220) – lets develop our own QB like the Pats did with their No2 Cassell. It could be worth something in subsequent years.

So 2x DL, 2x OL, 2x LB, 2x TE plus a S and a QB

Jan Reimers
04-23-2009, 07:21 AM
While I'm not a huge fan of Lairinaitis, I really like doubling up at our positions of greatest need.

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 07:23 AM
While I'm not a huge fan of Lairinaitis, I really like doubling up at our positions of greatest need.

I just think at worst, he will be a zero risk option, and a very solid pro, who is only ever likely to exceed expectations.

First off the training field, last out of the gym, and none of the coaching staff will ever need to chase or nag him. I think it comes down to his genes and the climate he was brought up in and that attitude may drive those around him.