PDA

View Full Version : Bills will make the playoffs this year

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 10:05 AM
We cut loose dead weight and brought in some fresh blood.

This prediction is contingent on upgrading pass rush and OL in the draft.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 10:07 AM
This prediction is contingent on upgrading pass rush and OL in the draft.you forgot to add, "and the rest of the AFCE draft nothing but special teammers"

love the spirit though thurm.

seanbillsfan
04-23-2009, 10:07 AM
I have said that exact same sentance about a billion times in the past 9 years. But i mean it this time!

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 10:10 AM
I have said that exact same sentance about a billion times in the past 9 years. But i mean it this time!
:limpclap:

SABURZFAN
04-23-2009, 10:15 AM
I BILLIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbub2352
04-23-2009, 10:16 AM
got have a huge draft to make the playoffs, 4-5 contributers out of one draft time for modrak to finally earn is paycheck

DrGraves
04-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Bills having a good draft? HAHAHAHAHHAA

kid mickey
04-23-2009, 10:18 AM
We've got some pretty optimistic fans here on this thread. I want them to make the play-offs. Does that count?

SABURZFAN
04-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Bills having a good draft? HAHAHAHAHHAA

BILLIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 10:20 AM

The prediction is contingent on a miracle, but I'm deciding on my fourth year of Sunday ticket after the draft.

SABURZFAN
04-23-2009, 10:20 AM
We've got some pretty optimistic fans here on this thread. I want them to make the play-offs. Does that count?

you heard it first in THURM's thread.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 10:22 AM
got have a huge draft to make the playoffs, 4-5 contributers out of one draft time for modrak to finally earn is paycheck
:rockout:

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 10:22 AM
you heard it first in THURM's thread.
Thats right!!!!

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 10:27 AM
We get Schobel back.
We draft a LT who can do a Matt Light or Marcus McNeill for us.
We draft a WLB to replace Ellison
We draft some help for Schobel.

Thats only Day1 and with a deep class, our starting XI on both sides are a match for anyone.

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 10:29 AM
We get Schobel back.
We draft a LT who can do a Matt Light or Marcus McNeill for us.
We draft a WLB to replace Ellison
We draft some help for Schobel.

Thats only Day1 and with a deep class, our starting XI on both sides are a match for anyone.

yeah, Matt Lights and Marcus McNeills are a dime a dozen. :rolleyes:

And Schobel sucks. I don't know why this FO and the posters on this board are so enamored by him. He's mediocre at best.

kernowboy
Expect the doom and gloom trolls to descend on this threat with their misery shortly though

kernowboy
Oh, he beat me to it

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 10:30 AM

what fresh blood? Hangartner and TO? Sorry, but the difference between 7-9 and playoffs is more than TO, Hangartner and some rookies.

Cutting dead weight is only half the problem. In fact, I'd even say the Bills have been pretty good about cutting dead weight for quite some time. It's replacing/upgrading the dead weight that seems to perplex them.

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Expect the doom and gloom trolls to descend on this threat with their reality shortly though

I fixed it for you.

ddaryl
04-23-2009, 10:31 AM
I have 0 confidence in us making the playoffs this year. You cannot gut your OL and then replace them with just FA depth players and project players. The Bills OL blues can be traced all the way back to 95. We just fail to regulalry bring in soilid talent on the OL

The DL is similiar. ALthough we have taken 2nd rd DE's we rarely draft game changers on the DL

When was the last time we took a 1st rd LB ???

but we also still have the common denominator of Jauron as HC. So no matter who we draft we still have coaching problems

we are still in the building stage, and this years player purge is just another sign of failed drafting during the drought. We depend too much on overpaying FA's to fill in spots that should have been claimed by our draftees

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Why do you post? Blogs are about optimism and constructive thought and all you give is depression and misery.

Like many fans, I come on here for some relaxation, not to have the hell depressed out of me.

Its the likes of you that narrow the fan base and drive contributors to this board away.

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Was this thread tailor made for Op or what?

bigbry
04-23-2009, 10:38 AM

:sigh:

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Why do you post? Blogs are about optimism and constructive thought and all you give is depression and misery.

Like many fans, I come on here for some relaxation, not to have the hell depressed out of me.

Its the likes of you that narrow the fan base and drive contributors to this board away.

No they're not.

Blogs are about specific subjects, usually. This one happens to be about the Buffalo Bills, a football team that has a LOT of problems. It's not "billsblindhomerzone.com". If we're going to discuss the team, we have to discuss the problems as well. And lately, all this team has are problems. Some people like to come on here and try to spin the bad into good because they don't like to face the reality that this team has problems, but it does.

Don't blame me because other people can't face reality. Like it or not, this team has issues. This is an open forum and I'm not going to screen my comments based on the fact that you don't find them relaxing.

You can't change the reality of the situation for the Bills by dismissing my comments as "doom and gloom" or saying that I spread "depression and misery." Stop trying to shoot the messenger and just deal with it.

psubills62
04-23-2009, 10:41 AM
yeah, Matt Lights and Marcus McNeills are a dime a dozen. :rolleyes:

And Schobel sucks. I don't know why this FO and the posters on this board are so enamored by him. He's mediocre at best.

Well, neither Matt Light nor Marcus McNeill did that well this past season, so they're probably more common than you're implying here.

Haha love the thread though...

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 10:43 AM
:sigh:
Well the phins went from 1-15 :barney:

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 10:44 AM
No they're not.

Blogs are about specific subjects, usually. This one happens to be about the Buffalo Bills, a football team that has a LOT of problems. It's not "billsblindhomerzone.com". If we're going to discuss the team, we have to discuss the problems as well. And lately, all this team has are problems. Some people like to come on here and try to spin the bad into good because they don't like to face the reality that this team has problems, but it does.

Don't blame me because other people can't face reality. Like it or not, this team has issues. This is an open forum and I'm not going to screen my comments based on the fact that you don't find them relaxing.

You can't change the reality of the situation for the Bills by dismissing my comments as "doom and gloom" or saying that I spread "depression and misery." Stop trying to shoot the messenger and just deal with it.
GET THE **** OUT OF MY OPTIMISTIC THREAD

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Well, neither Matt Light nor Marcus McNeill did that well this past season, so they're probably more common than you're implying here.

Maybe so, but he just passed off"we'll just grab a starting tackle in the draft!" as if it was "let me just stop for a second and tie my shoe."

Finding starting caliber offensive linemen is hard. This team has been trying- and failing- to find them in both the draft and the FA dating back to Mike Williams. I could go down the list of OL failures from the last 7 or 8 years, but there's no point- most of the people here are already aware of it.

He makes getting a starting sound easy but the reality is that it isn't.

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 10:46 AM
GET THE **** OUT OF MY UNREALISTIC THREAD

I fixed it for you.

And no.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 10:47 AM
:popcorn:

madness
04-23-2009, 10:47 AM
I have this car and it's a real POS.

There's no heat or AC, it needs to be running at least 20 min in the winter before I put it in drive or it stalls, the passenger side door sounds like a gun shot every time it's opened, its rusting all over and that's just the beginning.

I can't afford a new one but it is my second car so it's sole purpose is to take me back and forth between work and home. I am humble enough to know a second car is a privilege not a necessity and it makes absolutely zero sense to ***** about things I cannot currently change or have direct control of.

The moral of the story? Some men just have higher estrogen levels then others so ***** away. From our experience with female relationships, we know it is what your programmed to do.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 10:48 AM
I am sorry for posting stupid posts....

Ok then you are forgiven

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 10:49 AM
No they're not.

Stop trying to shoot the messenger and just deal with it.

Oh I am dealing with reality. This site is called Billszone not IlovePetersandIamgoingtodepresseveryonebecauseInowfeelsillyinmyPetersreplicashirthomer.com

Unless you are in the Front Office or are the coach you are not providing reality, you are merely offering your opinion and an unconstructive one at that.

All it is is whinge whinge whinge. It is months before the start of the season, there is still the draft, there is still the rest of the offseason yet as far as you are concerned it is over.

You're not a real fan because there are millions of real fans who have never experienced the opportunity to win anything yet they still approach each season with a sense of optimism not to have some anti-Bills blogger try to beat it out of them with their continued negativity.

Dr. Lecter
Today Op is going to run around the local elementary schools telling the 1st graders that the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa are not real.

THATHURMANATOR

There's no heat or AC, it needs to be running at least 20 min in the winter before I put it in drive or it stalls, the passenger side door sounds like a gun shot every time it's opened, its rusting all over and that's just the beginning.

I can't afford a new one but it is my second car so it's sole purpose is to take me back and forth between work and home. I am humble enough to know a second car is a privilege not a necessity and it makes absolutely zero sense to ***** about things I cannot currently change or have direct control of.

The moral of the story? Some men just have higher estrogen levels then others so ***** away. From our experience with female relationships, we know it is what your programmed to do.
HAHAHAHAH OP HAS HIGH ESTROGEN LEVELS!!!

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 10:50 AM
IDIOT REALISTS.... GO Ruin Someone else's dreams.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Today Op is going to run around the local elementary schools telling the 1st graders that the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa are not real.

there's proof you exist in the zone lunch thread.

Dujek
04-23-2009, 10:53 AM
I'll play along...

BILL-IEVE 09!*

*This Bill-ief is conditional on the basis that Dick Jauron and Perry Fool may grow some balls, our safeties may learn how to make big plays, and we draft at minimum three absolute studs

madness
04-23-2009, 10:58 AM
HAHAHAHAH OP HAS HIGH ESTROGEN LEVELS!!!

All in good fun. :snicker:

psubills62
04-23-2009, 10:58 AM

Tomorrow, he's going to the schools to give his famous "Who has a dream? Well, forget about it because you're working at McDonald's, you dumb turd" speech.

mybills
04-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Oh, he beat me to it
:rofl:

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Oh I am dealing with reality. This site is called Billszone not IlovePetersandIamgoingtodepresseveryonebecauseInowfeelsillyinmyPetersreplicashirthomer.com

Unless you are in the Front Office or are the coach you are not providing reality, you are merely offering your opinion and an unconstructive one at that.

All it is is whinge whinge whinge. It is months before the start of the season, there is still the draft, there is still the rest of the offseason yet as far as you are concerned it is over.

You're not a real fan because there are millions of real fans who have never experienced the opportunity to win anything yet they still approach each season with a sense of optimism not to have some anti-Bills blogger try to beat it out of them with their continued negativity.

Yeah, because I was so happy-go-lucky about this team before Peters. Please.

It's your opinion that my opinion is unconstructive. Turns out I've been pretty damn accurate on this board over the last few years.

Who are these magic players that are going to materialize out of thin air to help the Bills during the rest of this off-season? Someone says some crap like that every year at this time, and every year the team in August looks remarkably similar to the team in April.

Feel free to approach the season with your unrealistic optimism. It's ignorant and it's just setting yourself up for disappointment. I find it much more challenging to try to make an accurate prediction about how this team will do than to work backwards by starting with a flimsy optimistic premise and searching for any shred of hope to support it.

And you say I'm not a real fan? Go **** yourself. Did it ever occur to you that if I wasn't a real fan I wouldn't CARE enough about how bad this team is to complain about it constantly? Guess not- you've already shown that logic isn't your strong suit.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Op just can't admit to being wrong!!!!

GO BILLS!

Dujek
04-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Op, as Bills fans after the past 10 years optimism is all we have. You gotta let us live in fantasy land during the offseason, because when the season starts and it's the same old crap again we'll all be as pissed off as you are now. Of course some of us are more optimistic than others. I can see the holes in the team, I know we've got very little chance of making the playoffs in 2009, but I choose to hope for a miracle because it would just be too depressing if I didn't.

Chill. It'll do your blood pressure a world of good.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Can we stop the personal attacks people?

We don't need to tell Op he is not a real fan and nobody needs to go **** themselves.

Back on topic, please.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 11:07 AM

We don't need to tell Op he is not a real fan and nobody needs to go **** themselves.

Back on topic, please.
Seriously guys. Lets talk about how the Bills are going to make the playoffs.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Op, as Bills fans after the past 10 years optimism is all we have. You gotta let us live in fantasy land during the offseason, because when the season starts and it's the same old crap again we'll all be as pissed off as you are now. Of course some of us are more optimistic than others. I can see the holes in the team, I know we've got very little chance of making the playoffs in 2009, but I choose to hope for a miracle because it would just be too depressing if I didn't.

He just can't understand or handle people like you and I are wired like this.

madness
04-23-2009, 11:09 AM

Back on topic, please.

****. There goes my lunch plans.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2009, 11:10 AM

With a dramatic, OT victory against Indy when Whitner runs a INT of a Manning pass back for a 60 yard TD!!!!!

OpIv37

I'm hoping for a miracle too.

But I'm not expecting it. And I have very valid reasons for not expecting it.

This message board is for discussing the team. Someone comes on here and posts some crap about the Bills making the playoffs or Buddy Nix helping the team- I post my opinion as to why that's crap. No one really has a valid response, so they jump on me and accuse me of being negative.

What is the purpose of this board? To discuss the team as a whole- good and bad- or to be a cheerleader site where everyone comes to fantasy land full of hope and optimism?

bigbry

Your 1st two picks better be OL. If not, then you are accustomed to the results.

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 11:11 AM

When the charter planes carrying the Jets, Dolphins and Patriots collide in mid-air and we win the AFCE by default.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 11:12 AM
With a dramatic, OT victory against Indy when Whitner runs a INT of a Manning pass back for a 60 yard TD!!!!!

Whitner? Are you try to pacify OP or add fuel to the fire?

mybills
04-23-2009, 11:13 AM
:air: :snicker:

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2009, 11:15 AM
****. There goes my lunch plans.

I said nobody needs to. Not that you are not allowed to do so.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Your 1st two picks better be OL. If not, then you are accustomed to the results.
I honestly don't think both need to be OL although I wouldn't be pissed if they were.

2 Linemen do need to be drafted early though I do agree!

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm hoping for a miracle too.

But I'm not expecting it. And I have very valid reasons for not expecting it.

This message board is for discussing the team. Someone comes on here and posts some crap about the Bills making the playoffs or Buddy Nix helping the team- I post my opinion as to why that's crap. No one really has a valid response, so they jump on me and accuse me of being negative.

What is the purpose of this board? To discuss the team as a whole- good and bad- or to be a cheerleader site where everyone comes to fantasy land full of hope and optimism?
Well go spread your doom and gloom in another thread please.

madness
04-23-2009, 11:21 AM

Okay cool. See you guys in about 5 minutes. Now where's that Berta vs. Mimi thread...

billsfanone
04-23-2009, 11:21 AM
We need a linebacker, 2 defensive ends, and 2 or 3 o linemen.

madness
04-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Today, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter

Okay cool. See you guys in about 5 minutes. Now where's that Berta vs. Mimi thread...
Last edited by madness : Today at 12:24 PM.

Okay, I lied. I only needed three minutes.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 11:29 AM
We need a linebacker, 2 defensive ends, and 2 or 3 o linemen.
No problem!

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 11:33 AM

Back on topic, please.

Want this problem fixed?

Waterboarding.

BillsWin
04-23-2009, 11:35 AM
If the Bills make the playoffs I will be a very happy man.

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 11:55 AM
I have seen loads of mocks where the ability to grab a DE, OT, OL, LB, TE and S all occur in our first 6 picks.

There have been plenty of selections when the guys selected in Round4 and been a stud. I remember Randy McMichael being picked at #114 and having a great first year, Mark Anderson being beong drafted at #159 and having a dozen sacks.

You can mutter all you like about the cheapness of the front office but we have thrown millions and millions at free agents like Spikes and Dockery and it has brought us nothing.

Better to look to have a decent draft and start these guys. At worst they are likely to make the veteran players have to fight for their positions in camp which will only help the team.

And if a team cuts a guy because of an unexpected draft selection, all of a sudden we could become much better.

If we have an awful draft and then miss out on signing some quality guys who come on the market then fair enough, but I'd rather look forward to the draft than be apprehensive about it.

Jaybird
04-23-2009, 11:56 AM
i did not realize Donte Whitner posts on the board!

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 12:00 PM
I have seen loads of mocks where the ability to grab a DE, OT, OL, LB, TE and S all occur in our first 6 picks.

There have been plenty of selections when the guys selected in Round4 and been a stud. I remember Randy McMichael being picked at #114 and having a great first year, Mark Anderson being beong drafted at #159 and having a dozen sacks.

You can mutter all you like about the cheapness of the front office but we have thrown millions and millions at free agents like Spikes and Dockery and it has brought us nothing.

Better to look to have a decent draft and start these guys. At worst they are likely to make the veteran players have to fight for their positions in camp which will only help the team.

And if a team cuts a guy because of an unexpected draft selection, all of a sudden we could become much better.

If we have an awful draft and then miss out on signing some quality guys who come on the market then fair enough, but I'd rather look forward to the draft than be apprehensive about it.problem is, none of the top draft picks we brought in have turned out to be studs in the last 3 years. Lynch being the only one with the biggest potential and yet looks like the FO screwed up that pick in the "High character department".

Don't think we will all of a sudden get every pick right overnight. If this team ends up with 3 or 4 starters from the draft, we're in bigger trouble to begin with.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 12:03 PM
problem is, none of the top draft picks we brought in have turned out to be studs in the last 3 years. Lynch being the only one with the biggest potential and yet looks like the FO screwed up that pick in the "High character department".

Don't think we will all of a sudden get every pick right overnight. If this team ends up with 3 or 4 starters from the draft, we're in bigger trouble to begin with.
If you ask me Leodis has the makings of a star.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 12:06 PM
If you ask me Leodis has the makings of a star.
Oh yeah, him too but as good as he was last year, his efforts weren't good enough to turn this team around. I doubt every draft pick this year is just going to come in and be as good as he was last year.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh yeah, him too but as good as he was last year, his efforts weren't good enough to turn this team around. I doubt every draft pick this year is just going to come in and be as good as he was last year.
Add his cornerback play, to Lynch's running skills, to the Pass rushing DE we get this year and you have got something.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Add his cornerback play, to Lynch's running skills, to the Pass rushing DE we get this year and you have got something.

Any of the DE's better than MArrio Williams coming out of college? I doubt it so I doubt the highest rated DE in this years draft will do much either.

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 12:26 PM

If we have an awful draft and then miss out on signing some quality guys who come on the market then fair enough, but I'd rather look forward to the draft than be apprehensive about it.

You have a handful of examples of LT's who came in and played well immediately. You have a handful of examples of 4th rounders who contributed immediately. Yet, you expect us to find BOTH in ONE draft, despite how poorly this FO has drafted and despite the rarity of those selections.

Spikes was a great player for this team and was ruined by injury. Dockery was just a bad decision.

I don't have a problem with building through the draft. I know bringing in high priced FA's can't solve every problem. I have a problem with trying to fill so many positions of need with one draft. I would have liked to have seen the Bills keep Peters and find either an OLB, DE or LG in FA and then we could be going into the draft looking to fill two holes instead of 4 or 5. And I really don't think asking for ONE FA and not trading Peters is too much, but apparently it is.

And please stop with the June 1 cuts. Everyone mentions that every year and nothing of consequence ever comes out of it.

And I'm not apprehensive about the draft. If the FO gets its head out of its ass, we have enough draft picks to set us up nicely for 2 or 3 years down the road. I just think that between the number of holes we have to fill and the way this FO has drafted in the past, it's not realistic to expect any results this season.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2009, 12:41 PM
June 1 cuts no longer exist. There is no cap next year, hence no reason to spread the hit into next year. That notion is gone and is now meaningless.

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 12:58 PM
problem is, none of the top draft picks we brought in have turned out to be studs in the last 3 years. Lynch being the only one with the biggest potential and yet looks like the FO screwed up that pick in the "High character department".

Whispering to myself here.....

Justa is becoming mini-op.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2009, 12:59 PM

Want this problem fixed?

Waterboarding.

OK, mini-Pelosi.

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 01:09 PM
OK, mini-Pelosi.

My God.....Finally exposed!

BAM
04-23-2009, 01:27 PM

:bf1: Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 01:30 PM

Can you blame me after 3 years of 7-9 seasons? What drove me overboard is that we went 0-6 and became the AFCE's ***** especially miami's. Anyone here happy about that?

PS- At least I still don't have the urge to piss on anyones wheatties everytime someone posts something positive :D

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2009, 01:33 PM
I should warn gameboy for insulting Op.

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Can you blame me after 3 years of 7-9 seasons? What drove me overboard is that we went 0-6 and became the AFCE's ***** especially miami's. Anyone here happy about that?

PS- At least I still don't have the urge to piss on anyones wheatties everytime someone posts something positive :D

Call it an intervention amigo.

I'm throwing you a lifeline before the damage is irreversible.

At least wait till Monday.

Ginger Vitis
04-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Sorry Thurmie.. The Patsies have Bill Belichick and we have Dick Jauron.. That is not changing in the near future

madness
04-23-2009, 01:36 PM

Holy OpBorg assimilation, Batman!

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Call it an intervention amigo.

I'm throwing you a lifeline before the damage is irreversible.

At least wait till Monday.

Ha, the only lifeline that can save me is if we start winning. I can't blast whatever draft picks we bring in anyways since they are knew I will have to give them the benefit of the doubt. ;)

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Holy OpBorg assimilation, Batman!

difference is he posted like that in Dicks first year. 2nd of all, he's been right.

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 01:43 PM
I can't blast whatever draft picks we bring in anyways since they are knew I will have to give them the benefit of the doubt. ;)

That's the spirit.....Now you're talking.

Three of our draft choices will be on the all-rookie team, including an o-lineman to be named later.

Hardy is really, really mad about not getting enough of an opportunity, and will be a monster by week 10, looking better than TO.

We will have no inured DB's this season, having exceeded our limit over the last two years.

Chris Ellis displaces whomever on the left side on third down by week three.

Marshawn is on a mission to prove to his Mom that he is not an idiot.

Its all about to come together.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 01:44 PM

Three of our draft choices will be on the all-rookie team, including an o-lineman to be named later.

Hardy is really, really mad about not getting enough of an opportunity, and will be a monster by week 10, looking better than TO.

We will have no inured DB's this season, having exceeded our limit over the last two years.

that's nothing different from what I said, "we're hoping" You sound like me too.

madness
04-23-2009, 01:47 PM
difference is he posted like that in Dicks first year. 2nd of all, he's been right.

I like look at the current state of the weather and predict it's sunny outside.

Holy crap, I'm right!

HHURRICANE
04-23-2009, 01:48 PM
The Bills have to make a trade or two to make this happen.

If we get Scheffler in a trade and not have to use a rookie at TE the offensive weapons all improve dramatically. Than we can focus on a solid LT porspect and early and Guard in rounds two or 3. That leaves 2 early picks for LB and DE.

Trying to get a LB, DE, LT, LG and TE all in the draft is a joke. No solid vet additions between means no playoffs.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I like look at the current state of the weather and predict it's sunny outside.

Holy crap, I'm right!

what was your prediction for the bills record last year?

Dr. Lecter

You forgot about McKelvin blossoming this year into a All-Pro level CB.

Captain gameboy
You sound like me too.

Na. That would make me Op to the minus 2.

Fails the test.

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 01:50 PM
You forgot about McKelvin blossoming this year into a All-Pro level CB.

I thought that was too obvious to post.

Poz as well.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Na. That would make me Op to the minus 2.
then stop saying the same thing I said (in a different way) and then whisper to yourself I sound like OP.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2009, 02:01 PM
I don't think he whispered it to himself.

He said it loud and proud.

Op's posts are less whiny though.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Op's posts are less whiny though.
:mad:

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 02:07 PM
then stop saying the same thing I said (in a different way) and then whisper to yourself I sound like OP.

You have me confused with a divider, when in fact, I am a uniter.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 02:08 PM
shhhh . I've been a homer and we didn't win. Maybe if a switch sides with OP we'll finally win.

Don't tell him though.

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 02:15 PM
shhhh . I've been a homer and we didn't win. Maybe if a switch sides with OP we'll finally win.

Don't tell him though.

Really?

Perish the thought.

The guy is a Bills/Notre Dame/Nationals fan.

The guy, (whom I love as a brother-even though he said I lived in the area of Virginia that people have never heard of paint), brings doom to everything he supports.

Op is not a frustrated reporter/victim of the drought, he is the reason for the drought.
Sport's failure follows him like night follows day.

This is the year when Jauron, (Ivy League guy), channels with Lombardi.

This is when it all happens.

Don't say I didn't tell you so.

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Really?

Perish the thought.

The guy is a Bills/Notre Dame/Nationals fan.

The guy, (whom I love as a brother-even though he said I lived in the area of Virginia that people have never heard of paint), brings doom to everything he supports.

Op is not a frustrated reporter/victim of the drought, he is the reason for the drought.
Sport's failure follows him like night follows day.

This is the year when Jauron, (Ivy League guy), channels with Lombardi.

This is when it all happens.

Don't say I didn't tell you so.

Don't forget the Sabres.

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 02:25 PM
BTW, back in the 90's, I was a HUGE Michael Jordan fan. He was the greatest player ever and won 6 championships, all within an 8 year period.

I think between the Bills' SB run and MJ, I used up a lifetime's worth of sports glory before I was 20 years old.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 02:28 PM
I was a Barkley fan :ill:

bigbry
04-23-2009, 02:28 PM
I honestly don't think both need to be OL although I wouldn't be pissed if they were.

2 Linemen do need to be drafted early though I do agree!

We agree then? sheesh there goes the neighborhood.
:scared:

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 02:30 PM
BTW, back in the 90's, I was a HUGE Michael Jordan fan. He was the greatest player ever and won 6 championships, all within an 8 year period.

I think between the Bills' SB run and MJ, I used up a lifetime's worth of sports glory before I was 20 years old.

Yep.

There is a lesson in pacing.

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 02:33 PM

See?

bigbry
04-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Yep.

There is a lesson in pacing.

There was this young male Buffalo fan standing next to an older male Buffalo fan on top the hill looking down on a bunch of younger female Buffalo fans and the younger one says lets run down there and........................ and the older one says lets walk down and ............them all.
:sorry:

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM

Do you think that your support caused him to engage in the lewd behavior/consumption that resulted in criminal prosecution, or was that just a coincidence?

You and Op are painting yourselves into a corner my friend.

Too much coincidence to avoid notice.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Do you think that your support caused him to engage in the lewd behavior/consumption that resulted in criminal prosecution, or was that just a coincidence?

You and Op are painting yourselves into a corner my friend.

Too much coincidence to avoid notice.
he was basketballs badboy. I like guys who are bigger a-holes than I am.

Seriously, the bills have turned into a "even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut ..." type of organization.

Meanwhile the fans will eventually become right after all the years of hoping to be right. Could happen this season like you say. We'll eventually get it right. We can't suck forver

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Seriously, the bills have turned into a "even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut

We find the "nuts" this weekend my friend.

Guarantee from God, and I have pictures.....Futuristic pictures. I'd share them, but you know, have to kill you and all.

Trust me.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 02:57 PM
We find the "nuts" this weekend my friend.

Guarantee from God, and I have pictures.

Trust me.

I HOPE SO!!!

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 03:01 PM

Ironically, this post is just a long-winded way of *****ing about how other people ***** too much.

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 03:10 PM
There was this young male Buffalo fan standing next to an older male Buffalo fan on top the hill looking down on a bunch of younger female Buffalo fans and the younger one says lets run down there and........................ and the older one says lets walk down and ............them all.
:sorry:

Going through this thread, I still don't see any value to this post.

Maybe I don't understand it.

Is there a point to this, or is it a "discard me" 'cause I have nothing to say post?

madness
04-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Ironically, this post is just a long-winded way of *****ing about how other people ***** too much.

Ironically, you're still *****ing.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 03:16 PM
We agree then? sheesh there goes the neighborhood.
:scared:
LOL You know your stuff man you just like to rile us up

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Only because you INSISTED on chiming in with your *****ing, negative ways.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 03:30 PM
:movie:

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 03:31 PM

Like you didn't know that was going to happen when you started the thread? Come on, man, you've been on this board as long as I have.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 03:36 PM

thurm you know you were baiting us...er..ummm... I mean OP.

Typ0
04-23-2009, 03:58 PM
I expect the team to be a little better this year. I also know the schedule is a lot harder. Record will be worse. Anyone who thinks one draft is going to fill up this team with superstars is really reaching it's never happened in the history of the universe...and expecting them to be superstars in the first year even...LMAO.

The chances of our making the playoffs are about 300 - 1 ... maybe even 10000 - 1. I will say this though...it's sad that you folks remain so gung ho and spend your hard earned income on such crap that this organization spews fourth. They sit in their nice offices laughing at your asses as they contemplate when they are going to pull the team out from under you I'll tell you that.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 04:12 PM
The chances of our making the playoffs are about 300 - 1 ... maybe even 10000 - 1. I will say this though...it's sad that you folks remain so gung ho and spend your hard earned income on such crap that this organization spews fourth. They sit in their nice offices laughing at your asses as they contemplate when they are going to pull the team out from under you I'll tell you that.
Hey I like to get out of the house, experience nature, Hang out with my friends, Watch live football, Don't see ANYTHING sad about it.

Better than sitting on my ass doing nothing.

Typ0
04-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Hey I like to get out of the house, experience nature, Hang out with my friends, Watch live football, Don't see ANYTHING sad about it.

Better than sitting on my ass doing nothing.

so you go out there to get outside and hang with your friends. You cheer your ass off to constantly have your heart ripped out. And then you come back in the offseason and get all pumped up about how good the team is going to be based on a draft that hasn't even happened yet. That's just about the logical capabilities of a pregnant woman.

bigbry
04-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Going through this thread, I still don't see any value to this post.

Maybe I don't understand it.

Is there a point to this, or is it a "discard me" 'cause I have nothing to say post?

It was a post referring back to someones thoughts on "pacing".
You must be young.
lol
However if its "value" you are looking for then go read some Dolphin boards, K?

bigbry
04-23-2009, 05:04 PM
LOL You know your stuff man you just like to rile us up

I know your team almost as well as my own. Gots to watch the enemy.

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 08:07 PM
It was a post referring back to someones thoughts on "pacing".
You must be young.
lol
However if its "value" you are looking for then go read some Dolphin boards, K?

I'll be in Miami for a time tomorrow.

Don't have to read the boards, I live the torture.

SABURZFAN
04-23-2009, 09:07 PM

i agree because we know Op's a fan. however, i do disagree with the latter because people need to be told that when they make those kind of accusation. JMO. :chug:

Typ0
04-23-2009, 09:12 PM
there definately are people that need to go **** themselves. They don't need to be told on the boards though that's just going to spiral into a mess.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2009, 09:13 PM
i agree because we know Op's a fan. however, i do disagree with the latter because people need to be told that when they make those kind of accusation. JMO. :chug: You are not very helpful........

bigbry
04-23-2009, 09:16 PM
I'll be in Miami for a time tomorrow.

Don't have to read the boards, I live the torture.

lol okay.
To each their own.

SABURZFAN
04-24-2009, 02:02 AM
You are not very helpful........

i've been going along with THURM and the theme of this thread. :chug:

mybills
04-24-2009, 07:20 AM
I expect the team to be a little better this year. I also know the schedule is a lot harder. Record will be worse.

when I think back to how they usually beat the supposed "tougher teams" (excluding NE) they seem to beat them easier than the supposed "weak teams". Maybe this is their year due to the tougher schedule. :idunno:

Typ0
04-24-2009, 09:55 AM
when I think back to how they usually beat the supposed "tougher teams" (excluding NE) they seem to beat them easier than the supposed "weak teams". Maybe this is their year due to the tougher schedule. :idunno:

who beats the tougher teams?

OpIv37
04-24-2009, 10:02 AM

In the last two years, the Bills have only beaten 1 playoff team- the Skins the week after the Sean Taylor death. In fact, that's the only +.500 team they've beaten in that span.

So, how exactly do the Bills always beat the "tougher" teams? It's been 3 years since we've beaten a tough team.

Dr. Lecter
04-24-2009, 10:09 AM
In the last two years, the Bills have only beaten 1 playoff team- the Skins the week after the Sean Taylor death. In fact, that's the only +.500 team they've beaten in that span.

So, how exactly do the Bills always beat the "tougher" teams? It's been 3 years since we've beaten a tough team.

Are you sure about the first stat?

Think back to your visit to OP last season.

OpIv37
04-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Are you sure about the first stat?

Think back to your visit to OP last season.

Oh right, I forgot the Chargers made the playoffs. But they made it at 8-8 because they were in such a crap-tacular division.

So we only beat two playoff teams, and only one team with a +.500 record and it was the week after one of their players died.

The point holds true- we do NOT beat the better teams.

THATHURMANATOR
04-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh right, I forgot the Chargers made the playoffs. But they made it at 8-8 because they were in such a crap-tacular division.

So we only beat two playoff teams, and only one team with a +.500 record and it was the week after one of their players died.

The point holds true- we do NOT beat the better teams.
Way to back track.

jmb1099
04-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Same stuff different year.
1) I hope we field a kick a@@ team this year but I'm not holding my breath. I hope we make the playoffs.. I always hope we will but...
2) I doubt we will, but we have at least a punchers chance, for those who don't know what that means, don't ask you'll just annoy me.
3) Every year someone tells me (us) to commit Buffalo Bills Suicide because they have. I've thought about, I've even had the gun to my head (nearly picked up a P Manning Jersey), but then couldn't pull the trigger.
4) I see the reality, but I still want to hang out with my friends and spend money I shouldn't spend... don't try to "save" me... its too late.
5) I'm excited about the draft... it gives me an excuse to deep fry a turkey, rejoice if we do well, and ***** about something outside of life
6) at the end of the day this is a game, I have real things that concern me, family, friends, employment, health, and other real issues that I'll save my real doom and gloom for...
7) This isn't to say that those who critique the team harshly have been wrong... good lord if anything they may have been too kind. That being said... and please don't say I love losing, if you knew me you'd know better, I am still going to enjoy this season for what it is... a distraction, a way to detach from my reality for a few minutes, a chance to hang out with friends, to rejoice, commiserate, eat bad food, scream and cheer. If you choose not to do so I give you props, its your choice and kudos to you for saving some hard earned money and heartache.
8) Finally this thread deserves hall of fame status... I've haven't laughed this hard in a long time... good job Thurm for starting the fire...

OpIv37
04-24-2009, 12:49 PM
7) This isn't to say that those who critique the team harshly have been wrong... good lord if anything they may have been too kind. That being said... and please don't say I love losing, if you knew me you'd know better, I am still going to enjoy this season for what it is... a distraction, a way to detach from my reality for a few minutes, a chance to hang out with friends, to rejoice, commiserate, eat bad food, scream and cheer. ...

For me I think that's the big part of the problem. It's supposed to be fun- it's supposed to be enjoyable, but it's hard to enjoy it when we're constantly losing. Then the team makes stupid moves so it looks like we're just going to lose more- suddenly something that's supposed to be enjoyable has become almost a burden.
That's frustrating as all hell.

THATHURMANATOR
04-24-2009, 12:51 PM
It isn't hard at all Op. Don't take it so seriously and just enjoy.

OpIv37
04-24-2009, 12:54 PM
It isn't hard at all Op. Don't take it so seriously and just enjoy.

I can't enjoy losing. I just can't.

THATHURMANATOR
04-24-2009, 12:57 PM
I can't enjoy losing. I just can't.
Take up another hobby.

OpIv37
04-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Take up another hobby.

can't do that either. That would be giving up.

THATHURMANATOR
04-24-2009, 01:10 PM
can't do that either. That would be giving up.
You can do whatever you want OP. This is America

jmb1099
04-24-2009, 03:56 PM
For me I think that's the big part of the problem. It's supposed to be fun- it's supposed to be enjoyable, but it's hard to enjoy it when we're constantly losing. Then the team makes stupid moves so it looks like we're just going to lose more- suddenly something that's supposed to be enjoyable has become almost a burden.
That's frustrating as all hell.
I get it, and I get frustrated. I want us to win in the worst way. But I find enjoyment in other aspects of it as well. The day we finally do anything, if we ever do... it will be freaking great day.
In other news... we're moving to lynchburg soon... any helpful information would be great.