X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Bills (and NFL) news and rumors I've gathered over the last few days

Admittedly, I don't believe a lot of what I read or hear during this week leading up to the draft. Teams - more than ever before - say a lot of stuff they want out there to throw other teams off, as well as help in negotiations with agents.

But I've tried to keep my ears open and did make calls to people I know both connected to organizations and in the media around the country.

And here's some of the stuff I got that I trust. I'll keep updating as I gather new info over the next 48 hours:

Choose a memorable domain name. Professional, friendly customer support. Start using your domain right away.
    Last edited by Coach Sal; 04-23-2009, 10:45 AM.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills (and NFL) news and rumors I've gathered over the last few days

Thanks Coach!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Curry would be a dream come true.

Naked backflips in my front yard and up and down the street!
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
        • Mar 2005

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

Please god let Smith or Curry fall

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

I've been hearing how enamored KC is with Tyson Jackson. If they can find a dance partner, I wouldn't be surprised to hear a trade announced when it's time for #3. Unfortunately for us, the new team will probably be selecting Curry.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Curry is qa real long shot. I think Smith is entirely possible though I wouldn't know what odds to lay on it.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• homeslice5484
                • Jul 2008

good to hear no TE at 11!!!

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Hm that's interesting if they actually want Smith like it sounds like they do.

I just have a hard time believing the Tyson Jackson rumors that he's flying up draft boards this week. If a guy moves up draft boards shortly after the combine, then I can understand. But the week before the draft? What's changed?

He was a senior, so it's not like they didn't expect him to declare for the draft. He was a mid-first rounder until just this week? Either somehow teams are leaking their true feelings about him just recently or it's all a smokescreen. I just have to believe the latter. He may go to Green Bay at #9, considering Ted Thompson likes to shock people, but no way he goes #3. Too many better players (Raji, Curry) in front of him.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Commissioner
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                    Please god let Smith or Curry fall
                    Smith has Mike Williams written all over him. He shows up at the combine and admits he hadn't been working out and wasn't in shape... and then just leaves? This is the biggest job interview of your football career and you blow it off?

If the Bills pick him I will puke.
                    Last edited by Commissioner; 04-23-2009, 11:55 AM.
                    Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• homeslice5484
                      • Jul 2008

i dont want smith...

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Commissioner
                        Smith has Mike Williams written all over him. He shows up at the combine and admits he hadn't been working out and wasn't in shape... and then just leaves? This is the biggest job interview of your football career and you blow it off?

If the Bills pick him I will puke.
                        I think you quoted the wrong person. Have you been using banned substances, Commish?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

Curry or Smith or Raji if any fall and we get them i would be very very happy
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Commissioner
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by madness
                            I think you quoted the wrong person. Have you been using banned substances, Commish?
                            I keep getting the blue lines with 'reply with quote' confused...
                            Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Commissioner
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                              Curry or Smith or Raji if any fall and we get them i would be very very happy
                              I must be the only one concerned about the huge flag Smith threw up at the combine about his character....
                              Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

Working...
                              X