PDA

View Full Version : Don’t rule out DTs

The Spaz
04-23-2009, 10:58 AM
With the time before the draft winding down, predictions and speculation will only increase as to which way the Bills might be headed. There are obvious positional needs that could compel Buffalo to address them early. But the men at the head table with Bills owner Ralph Wilson have surprised the draft “experts” before. Could they have another surprise up their sleeve with pick 11 or 28?

In all likelihood Buffalo’s brass at this point has mapped out their three or four most preferred scenarios, with three or four top choices for the 11th pick overall. The 28th pick however, has been mulled over for less than a week. A lot more variables are involved and a lot more changes can come before it.

While a pass rushing defensive end, strong side linebacker and tight end are all pressing areas to fill with new talent, there are other positions that may be more seriously considered if prospects at the more coveted positions are off the board. One of those could be defensive tackle.

Early on in the draft process it was thought that perhaps Boston College’s B.J. Raji could potentially fall to the Bills at 11. But after a monster Senior Bowl and testing well at the combine, Raji likely won’t escape out of the top eight picks.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/dont-rule-out-dts/ceeae724-ed63-4490-bb46-ff4e49c4995c

psubills62
04-23-2009, 11:03 AM
I've got Evander Hood going to the Bills at 28 in my mock currently. I actually wouldn't mind that at all, depending on what we do with our other picks. As long as we get a DE, OT, and OG, then I'll be perfectly fine with it.

madness
04-23-2009, 11:06 AM
I think Raji and Hood will be be gone before both our picks in the 1st. I hope I'm wrong.

:sadwalk:

Yasgur's Farm
04-23-2009, 11:11 AM
This is why we look at Tyson Jackson as a possibility at 11... If he's there.

nateodoms'bff
04-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Im not sure why so many people think Raji will be gone. Almost every mock i have seen has him going to the Broncos at #12. McShay's newest is the first I've seen him going to the browns, which makes no sense at all. Shaun Rogers played awesome there, and they are obviously not trading him after only one season there, regardless of who is in charge.

If Raji falls to #11, he is the best overall player available, and while he won't fill a whole at a position, he fills a hole as far as a poor run defense. Taking him, makes the DE's better, without paying top dollar for a small guy who may or may not flourish in the system.

Raji makes the most sense.

bigbub2352
04-23-2009, 11:45 AM
you take Raji all day at 11

jamze132
04-23-2009, 11:59 AM
If Raji is there, he must be the pick.