PDA

View Full Version : Give your top scenarios for #11

madness
04-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Like me, some of you are probably tired of the countless mocks encountered over the past month. I find them fun at first but now I'm at the point where I just can't wait for the draft so I don't have see another one until next year. The "we should pick (this position) at (this pick)" statements have grown stale as well.

I'd like to do something a little bit different. Give me your three or four top scenarios for the 11th pick overall. If you feel imaginative enough you could also list your scenarios for the 28th pick.

In all likelihood Buffalo’s brass at this point has mapped out their three or four most preferred scenarios, with three or four top choices for the 11th pick overall. The 28th pick however, has been mulled over for less than a week. A lot more variables are involved and a lot more changes can come before it.

Anything can happen in the draft so I'll keep in mind the obvious.

1. Curry drops to #11.
2. Raji drops to #11.
3. QB falls to #11. Trade back to pick up Pettigrew and get another 2nd or 3rd.
4. Take my highest rated player left out of the OL/DL group.

Scumbag College
04-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Trade down unless Curry somehow falls. There are alot of holes on this team.

FlyingDutchman
04-23-2009, 11:58 AM
I just pray that out of the first 3 picks we have we get a combo of lineman or a LB. Id like to see A. Smith/Oher at 1, then either a DE (Johnson), LB (Matthews)....or Mack taken.

If we get a defensive player with the 2nd first rounder, I hope Mack or Unger are available in the 2nd. I also wouldnt mind getting Orakpo at 11, then Britton followed by Unger....really all depends how the first pick plays out.

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 12:03 PM
1. Orakpo falls for some bizzare reason to #11
2. Denver offer us an extra R3 pick to swap places and grab Sanchez and we still take our No1 choice.
3. Denver offer us Tony Scheffler to swap us places and grab Sanchez.
4. The Jets offer us #17 and R1'2010 for #11 to grab Sanchez. Everette Brown falls to us, with the Jets taking Sanchez, Denver-Jackson, Washington-Andre Smith, New Orleans-Jenkins, Houston-Matthews and San Diego-Manulaga.

If the top 10 went like

Detroit - Stafford
St Louis - J Smith
KC - Curry
Seattle - Crabtree
Cleveland - Orakpo
Cincinatti - Monroe
Oakland - Maclin
Jacksonville - Raji
Green Bay - Maybin
San Francisco - Oher

As we won't go deep into the playoff this year, why not load up and have two Round1 picks next year while still getting a top defensive player?

seanbillsfan
04-23-2009, 12:24 PM
1. I shake my fist in anger
2. I kick my cat across the living room
3. Throw beer cans at the tv
4. Give up all hope in the season

feldspar
04-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Curry ain't going to fall to #11.

I think the best thing we can actually hope for that might happen would be for Andre Smith to fall to 11. That would be nice for us...I don't think we should pass him up if he is there. I would hope that Pettigrew falls to #28, but I'm not holding my breath.

kid mickey
04-23-2009, 01:04 PM
The best real possibilities would be for A. Smith to fall to 11 and Everette Brown fall to 28.

hammerbillsfan
04-23-2009, 01:05 PM

:laughing:

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 01:21 PM
My dream scenario is for Sanchez to be available at 11.

Not that I want him, but we will have the power to do a lot of different things if he is there.

mikemac2001
04-23-2009, 01:24 PM
First off We need to build a time machine

Go back in time and get Bruce smith out of college

Quickly Travel back to 2009 and select bruce smith

Jan Reimers
04-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I did all that the last three years, and I don't even have a cat. I wonder what the Hell that thing was.