PDA

View Full Version : Two teams have expressed interest in Losman

feldspar
04-23-2009, 12:00 PM
The Denver Broncos have been interested in Bills free agent QB J.P. Losman for some time this offseason, though it cooled somewhat after they decided to sign Chris Simms. A league source tells me their interest could increase post-draft if they don’t land a quarterback in the draft this weekend. There’s one other team that has expressed interest in Losman as well.

The Carolina Panthers have been in touch with Losman’s representatives according to a source, but the interest is only preliminary. The Panthers have been hindered all offseason by the stalemate involving Julius Peppers. His franchise player contract is binding up other moves the club would like to make. So if they’re able to move Peppers in a trade on draft weekend, Carolina might then be able to make some decisions.

The Panthers interest is a bit curious seeing that they have Jake Delhomme, a veteran backup in Josh McCown and a young third quarterback with promise in Matt Moore, who has very good field vision among some other strong attributes.

Unless Carolina is happy to go to camp with another veteran signal caller on the roster or might not have long term plans for McCown, I’m not sure I understand the interest.

I thought once the Cutler trade went through that Chicago would be interested in Losman. Knowing Cutler is a strong-armed QB, I would think the Bears would want a backup with similar physical skills so they wouldn’t have to change the offense much should Cutler go down with an injury, especially knowing the windy conditions that exist up there. But Chicago doesn’t have him on their radar as of yet from what I’ve been told.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/22/two-teams-have-expressed-interest-in-losman/

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 12:03 PM
If I were him I'd go with the bronoc even as the 3rd qb. He'll learn from Josh McDaniels in 1 week more than he ever did here.

mikemac2001
04-23-2009, 12:07 PM
If I were him I'd go with the bronoc even as the 3rd qb. He'll learn from Josh McDaniels in 1 week more than he ever did here.

I actually would go to Panthers

Steve smith > lee evans

id also hate to see him go to broncos and turn into a star and make us look more pathetic

seanbillsfan
04-23-2009, 12:07 PM
If I were him I would walk my a** right into oncoming traffic

feldspar
04-23-2009, 12:10 PM

If I were him I'd go to whoever would take me, which is exactly what is going to happen...if someone wants him, which I think somebody eventually will as a backup at best.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 12:11 PM

Steve smith > lee evans

id also hate to see him go to broncos and turn into a star and make us look more pathetic

What he did did with Evans did nothing to get him a starting job. he needs to go back first and relearn everything

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 12:12 PM
If I were him I would walk my a** right into oncoming traffic
that would be a stupid thing to do on your part. He's a millionaire.

mikemac2001
04-23-2009, 12:14 PM
What he did did with Evans did nothing to get him a starting job. he needs to go back first and relearn everything

Didn't DO much but they meshed every well style wise...

Streaking Deep

Only real reason

also he has a chance to play in carolina with delhomme being shaky

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Didn't DO much but they meshed every well style wise...

Streaking Deep

Only real reason

also he has a chance to play in carolina with delhomme being shaky

I hear what you guys are saying. But he needs to learn every other aspect of the game . He already knows he has the physical tools to go deep, he needs his brain fixed and Josh McDaniels is the guy to learn from..

mikemac2001
04-23-2009, 12:20 PM
I hear what you guys are saying. But he needs to learn every other aspect of the game . He already knows he has the physical tools to go deep, he needs his brain fixed and Josh McDaniels is the guy to learn from..

O i agree with you on that i think denver would be better for him as a player

BUt i see him going to panthers for other reasons

seanbillsfan
04-23-2009, 12:21 PM
that would be a stupid thing to do on your part. He's a millionaire.
Good point. Maybe he can buy himself some talent:flush:

Mr. Pink
04-23-2009, 12:55 PM
He only needs to learn mechanics, decision making, ball security, how to read a defense...

Nothing big!

The King
04-23-2009, 01:01 PM
He only needs to learn mechanics, decision making, ball security, how to read a defense...

Nothing big!He can figure that out in OTA's with another team.

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 01:01 PM

Nothing big!

And accuracy.

TacklingDummy
04-23-2009, 01:05 PM
There is so much stuff to put into his "Highlight Reel" once JP has it completed and other teams see it, they will be beating down his door to make offers to him.

billsfanone
04-23-2009, 01:06 PM
The streets of denver or carolina will never be cleaner.

don137
04-23-2009, 01:26 PM
I don't want Losman living anywhere near me...He better not go to Carolina.

mayotm
04-23-2009, 01:28 PM

Steve smith > lee evans

id also hate to see him go to broncos and turn into a star and make us look more patheticI was a huge Losman supporter. However, being concerned about him turning into a star is pretty irrational.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Oh well. I wish him luck. He was a hard worker and a classy teammate who didn't backstab anyone on the team when he got benched . Unlike McGahee and Rob Johnson who couldn't wait to get out of buffalo, he embraced the city.

In the meantime , we have our own qb to worry about.

don137
04-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Panthers are not interested in him...

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2009/04/losman-pursuit-highly-unlikely.html

There's an internet report that the Panthers are interested in Buffalo Bills quarterback J.P. Losman. We're checking it out, but there appears to be nothing to it.

Pinkerton Security
04-23-2009, 02:13 PM
O i agree with you on that i think denver would be better for him as a player

BUt i see him going to panthers for other reasons

liiike sitting behind both McCown and Matt Moore, not to mention Delhome?

TacklingDummy
04-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Panthers just gave Jake a $42 million dollar contract.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-23-2009, 06:13 PM
I honestly feel bad for Losman. We should have never got his hopes up by giving him a starting job... shoulda made him the all-time bench rider ;)

BillsWin
04-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Best of luck wherever he goes. It wasn't that he was an evil person. He just sucked here. I do hope he does well somewhere else now that he isn't our problem.

sdbillsfan2
04-23-2009, 07:38 PM
<table style="margin: 0pt; float: right; height: 30px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="middle"><td style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 12px;">RSS Feed:</td><td>http://fanballblogs.com/images/rss-trans.png (http://patschowder.com/feed/)</td><td><form id="searchform" method="get" action="http://patschowder.com/"><input value="search" onfocus="if (this.value == 'search') {this.value = '';}" onblur="if (this.value == '') {this.value = 'Search';}" size="18" maxlength="50" name="s" id="s" type="text"> </form></td></tr></tbody></table>
Peppers Deal Could Come Soon Thanks to JP Losman (http://patschowder.com/2009/04/23/peppers-deal-could-come-soon/)

<small>April 23rd, 2009 | by Eric Cunningham | </small>
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z286/ericdcunningham/losman.jpg
Today on “As the Free Agency Wheel Turns”, a quarterback is torn between two teams but one of them is stuck in a franchise battle with their own star. Meanwhile, the star has their eyes on another suitor of their own, but will he be able to break free of their contractual grasp? Stay tuned…
My wife watches too many soap operas. Seriously. My wife.
Here’s the deal. The Carolina Panthers are one of two teams reportedly interested in Buffalo quarterback J.P. Losman (the other being the Denver Broncos), but Carolina is having problems pulling the trigger on any such signing until they know if they are committing any franchise money to Julius Peppers. The Patriots, as we all know, would be more than willing to make a deal for Peppers if they can get the contract worked out in Carolina first.
If Carolina is able to move Peppers by this weekend, they would most certainly be making a flurry of free agent signings with the newly free cap space and Losman could easily be one of them. It all points to a deal getting done soon if Carolina wants to be able to move freely on draft day with pieces they can guarantee they have in place.

OUCH !!!!! Should have traded him Last year ! now we get nothing.

Philagape
04-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Delhomme just signed a big extension, too ... 5 years, $42.5 million

DrGraves
04-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Reasons to stop putting this crap in the Bills zone:

1. JP losman was the worst bill ever
2. Bust of a 1st round pick
3. single handedly lost more games for his team (% of games played) than any quarterback ever
4. worst decision maker ever
5. Sucks so bad he that he will never play football again.

SABURZFAN
04-23-2009, 08:56 PM
this is the time of year when teams get their camp fodder, isn't it? :idunno:

Syderick
04-23-2009, 09:08 PM

3. single handedly lost more games for his team (% of games played) than any quarterback ever

Reasons to continue putting this crap on Billszone:

1. JP Losman was one of the worst Bill ever, (He worked hard for that award)
2. Its the offseason so its slow as hell, might as well bring some kind of news.
3. Better then another Mitchell59 random madden mock drafts
4. JP Losman has now become an inside joke (he Losman the ball, the throws another Losman!)
5. Just the name of JP Losman brings up some kinda of fued over nothing, that's pointless yet funny

DynaPaul
04-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Wow, neither team is in Canada.

DrGraves
04-23-2009, 09:29 PM
i was just trying to rile up some losman lovers to be honest haha..

SABURZFAN
04-23-2009, 09:38 PM
i was just trying to rile up some losman lovers to be honest haha..

you don't know how to do it right. :shakeno:

jamze132
04-24-2009, 05:35 AM
I find this entire situation hilarious. JP sucks and he doesn't know it.

Jeff1220
04-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Remember when Drew was released and he made the subtle jab at JP saying he wouldn't want to sit on the bench, especially behind what they have here? At the time it sounded like a washed up QB in denial. In retrospect, Drew must've known more than the coaching staff.

feldspar
04-24-2009, 02:11 PM

If all this is true, I think that you just named every reason why Bills fans should continue to follow his career.

feldspar
04-24-2009, 02:16 PM
I honestly feel bad for Losman. We should have never got his hopes up by giving him a starting job... shoulda made him the all-time bench rider ;)

Never feel bad for a young physically fit millionaire.

Never. Ever.

Anybody know exactly how much money "made" in his Buffalo career?