PDA

View Full Version : Pettigrew at 11

Crisis
04-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Just want to see what the general sentiment is.

seanbillsfan
04-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Hate it!
:banghead:

Commissioner
04-23-2009, 12:15 PM
LOVE IT!!!!

The defensive ends aren't much better than Kelsay.

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 12:17 PM
LOVE IT!!!!

The defensive ends aren't much better than Kelsay.

Huh?!?!?!?!?!?!?

FlyingDutchman
04-23-2009, 12:17 PM
god no

feldspar
04-23-2009, 12:21 PM
I dislike it.

I would love to pick him up at #28, but he probably won't fall that far...he could though. I think we might have actually had a pretty good chance of picking him at #21 had the Eagles gave us that pick instead of #28. What a blow that would be if the Eagles pick him up at #21. The Ravens could take him, too.

We actually need a tight end in more ways than one, not only just to catch passes. Since the 3-4 defenses are all the rage these days, a good tight end could help pick up rushers coming from the outside.

For Pettigrew, 11 is too early. We be lucky to get him at #28, though.

DrGraves
04-23-2009, 12:57 PM
If we traded #11 down to 20-24 land I would be more okay with it...

TacklingDummy
04-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Jermaine Gresham will be the Bills pick next year, frig Pettigrew.

Rhettoric
04-23-2009, 02:17 PM
I am indifferent, so long as we used the 28 & 42 to strengthen the lines.

Nighthawk
04-23-2009, 02:19 PM

That's the funny thing about all the people who sing this guy's praises...HE WOULDN'T EVEN BE THE FIRST TE OFF THE BOARD IF GRESHAM CAME OUT!

Jan Reimers
04-23-2009, 02:21 PM
When you consider the losses of Peters and Dockery, our total lack of any kind of pass rush, and the ineffective play of Ellison, how can you even think about a TE at 11?

Nighthawk
04-23-2009, 02:23 PM
When you consider the losses of Peters and Dockery, our total lack of any kind of pass rush, and the ineffective play of Ellison, how can you even think about a TE at 11?

I totally agree. He would be a luxury pick at #11 and wouldn't make much sense. If you can get him later...ok, maybe.

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 02:24 PM
No.

Its a sexy pick because we think that he can get us a few first downs, but it seems to me that the difference between what we have now and Pettigrew at the tight end position represents less of a "delta" (change), than what we have and what is available at OT/DE/LB.

In other words, if I was the GM, I would look at making the pick based on how we can best improve the team.

I don't hate our TE's.

I hate our offensive line, pass rush, and dislike our starting linebacking corps.

raphael120
04-23-2009, 02:25 PM
HATE IT.

Lemme know how Vernon Davis is helping out SF, and Heath Miller is good, but he's not as important as Ward, Santonio, and the Steelers D.

Bills better get a DE or LB or I'm going to be very disappointed.

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 02:25 PM

I can't even consider a TE on Day1.

On Day2 we can choose between Coffman, Beckum, Casey, Nelson, Ingram or Gronkowski all of whom will be an upgrade over Royal and Schouman.

Michael82
04-23-2009, 02:59 PM
I hate it with a ****ing passion!!! :mad:

:puke:

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 03:11 PM
That's the funny thing about all the people who sing this guy's praises...HE WOULDN'T EVEN BE THE FIRST TE OFF THE BOARD IF GRESHAM CAME OUT!
He might not even be the third

FlyingDutchman
04-23-2009, 03:13 PM
guess i wouldnt mind him at 28 but id much rather fix up the lines

X-Era
04-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Uhh huh, right

Because 32 other teams will have no say, we will have no other needs that you and others will prefer over TE, and we, of course, will end up in the perfect draft order position to get him....

Alot of ifs for a spot that has no starter.

Id love him at 28, but I wont hate it at 11.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-23-2009, 05:24 PM
I don't want him at all really, but I could live with him at 28 much easier than I could at 11.

Marvelous
04-23-2009, 10:15 PM
I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY -ANY- Bills fan would even consider a TE in the early 1st round..Bad teams DO-NOT have the luxery of drafting non skilled positions.. I woulda loved to draft Shockey or Winslow back in those drafts, but i knew we couldn't afford to...

-The poll should be Pettigrew at 28. NOt @11 thread/poll starter. It just isn't even a remote possibility @11. The proof is that the brains at OBD want to build a winner to make the playoffs. And that can't be dont by blowing the best pick we got..
--Also, The reason the position is mentioned often as Non-Skilled is because the position is not as talented a blocker as lineman & the position blocks && the position is not as talented a reciever as wide-outs, but the position runs routes and catches etc... I am fine with grooming Schouman. He looked pretty awesome at times late last season.. I don't see much a difference between him and Nelson or the Gainsville kid with the busted up knee(s). Except Schouman already knows the system and has TWO years of experience & he's ready to blow up.. :)
-No pun & not looking ot flame any opinion, just mine is that TE is so much more important to fans then to the team...I would be interested in knowing the teams record last season with elite TE's. Or the TEN best TE's etc. I bet the list shows a mediocre %..

Marvelous
07-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Pettigrew @ 11.. LMAO
-THANK-GOD!