PDA

View Full Version : Phil McConkey is my guest on the Jeff Nixon Sports Report

jnixon
04-23-2009, 01:18 PM
My Guest, Phil McConkey was born in Buffalo and graduated from Canisius High School. He played for the New York Giants (1984-1988), Green Bay Packers (1986), Phoenix Cardinals (1989), and San Diego Chargers (1989) of the National Football League. Before his NFL career, McConkey played college football at the United States Naval Academy.

My Guest, Phil McConkey was born in Buffalo and graduated from Canisius High School. He played for the New York Giants (1984-1988), Green Bay Packers (1986), Phoenix Cardinals (1989), and San Diego Chargers (1989) of the National Football League. Before his NFL career, McConkey played college football at the United States Naval Academy.

Phil is best remembered for his performance in Super Bowl XXI which they won 39-20 over the Denver Broncos. In the game, his 25-yard punt return set up a New York field goal. Then on the Giants next drive, his 44-yard reception on a flea flicker play set gave New York a first down on Denver's one-yard line, setting up a touchdown on the next play. In the fourth quarter, McConkey caught a six-yard touchdown reception after the pass bounced off the fingertips of tight end Mark Bavaro.

Call the show on Monday, April 27 between 5 & 6 pm e.s.t. at the toll free number 1-888-346-9144 and ask a question or make a comment. You can also send questions to my facebook profile page or jeffnixon@aol.com (jeffnixon@aol.com)