PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news reports Gonzalez traded....

alohabillsfan
04-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Gonzalez traded to the Falcons for their 2nd round pick!

The Spaz
04-23-2009, 01:39 PM
oooh Pettigrew could be there at 28.

alohabillsfan
04-23-2009, 01:40 PM

I was waiting for that!

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 01:40 PM
:roflmao:

Gonzo wanted to go to Mularkey's offense while refusing to go to the bills. In your face Ralphy!!!!

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Holy rip-offs Batman!!!!!

A 2nd round pick for a 30 + TE who will only play another 2-3 years?

Coach Sal
04-23-2009, 01:44 PM
It's their 2nd rounder in 2010. Not this year.

patmoran2006
04-23-2009, 01:45 PM

its not a rip-off when your a conference contender NOW.. As opposed to the Bills who are seemingly ALWAYS 2-3 years away.

hammerbillsfan
04-23-2009, 01:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4092471

The Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=kan) have agreed to trade perennial Pro Bowl tight end Tony Gonzalez (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1231) to the Atlanta Falcons (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=atl) for a second-round pick in the 2010 draft.

DrGraves
04-23-2009, 01:46 PM
This is probably a good thing... hopefully the bills will feel less inclined to think about taking pettigrew at #11.

Ideally we draft DE/T at #11.... and Pettigrew is taken before 28 so then we don't take him there either and we actually fill a bigger void like LB or whatever we don't get at 11

The Juice Is Loose
Why is it good for us?

A. KC said they weren't trading him. This means we can still get Waters!

B. Now Philly and Baltimore are the only teams that might take Pettigrew before us at 28!

Hows this look?
Walker
Waters
Hangartner
Butler
Chambers
Pettigrew
Owens
Evans
Reed
Lynch/Jackson/Rhodes
Trent

Schobel
Stroud
Williams/Johnson
Orakpo/Brown (whoever we take at 11)
Poz
Mitchell
Ellison or our 2nd round LB chosen 45th overall
McKelvin
Mcgee
Whitner
Scott/Wendling

PR - Jackson
KR - McKelvin/McGee

P - Moorman
K - Lindell I guess but I hate him.

NOT THAT BAD. IMPROVED OVER 08!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And that doesn't take into account Youbody, Florence or our picks round 3-7!)

Dr. Lecter
It's their 2nd rounder in 2010. Not this year.

Ahhhhh....

Still, it makes the chances of the 'grew falling much greater.

patmoran2006
04-23-2009, 01:52 PM
This is probably a good thing... hopefully the bills will feel less inclined to think about taking pettigrew at #11.

Ideally we draft DE/T at #11.... and Pettigrew is taken before 28 so then we don't take him there either and we actually fill a bigger void like LB or whatever we don't get at 11
THANK YOU!

I dont want Pettigrew at 28 either. We got bigger fish to fry. Our offense has enough weapons, how about someone to BLOCK for Trent Edwards and our RB's.

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Why are the Chiefs trading Waters?

Why don't we pick at #42 than drop 3 places to #45?

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2009, 01:56 PM
THANK YOU!

I dont want Pettigrew at 28 either. We got bigger fish to fry. Our offense has enough weapons, how about someone to BLOCK for Trent Edwards and our RB's.

At 28 he is fine. Do not over reach for need. Not to mention, Pettigrew is a fine blocker.

Pettigrew over Britton or Cadogan or Loadholt is an easy choice. Pettigrew would be such a great weapon for Trent, the blocking would be less important.

Pinkerton Security
04-23-2009, 01:59 PM
can you imagine that offense there in Atl with Ryan, Roddy White, TG, Michael Turner, an emerging Harry Douglas, etc???? THey're gonna be even better than last year if they bolster their D in the draft.

Commissioner
04-23-2009, 02:00 PM
There's no way Pettigrew makes it to #28. If you guys think the Bills should take him later they would have to trade back. The only way he falls that far is if a team in need of a tightend has another tight end graded higher.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 02:00 PM
can you imagine that offense there in Atl with Ryan, Roddy White, TG, Michael Turner, an emerging Harry Douglas, etc???? THey're gonna be even better than last year if they bolster their D in the draft.

Mularkey :lolpoint: Bills

The Spaz
04-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Mularkey :lolpoint: Bills

I dont think he should laugh he was a terrible coach here and in miami.

ServoBillieves

My thought's exactly.

So you go...

1)Maybin DE/OLB (need filled)
1)Brandon Pettigrew TE (need filled)
2)Duke Robinson LG (need filled)
3)Tyrone McKenzie OLB (need maybe filled)
4)Sebastian Vollmer OT (great depth)
4)David Bruton SS (in case Whitner/Ko get suspended)
5)Tony Fiammetta FB (H-Back/Fullback hybrid? Yes please)
6)Joseph 'Stryker' Sulak DE (pure pass rusher)
7)Jake Visser DT (small school stud)

Put Lanky Langston at LT, drop Demetrius in to the RT spot, let Duke and McKinney duke it out (pun intended) for starting LG, and all holes are presumeably filled. O-line is a tid shaky, but at least it's penciled in.

psubills62
Don't rule out teams like New England and Minnesota as far as Pettigrew goes. Fans here really underrate how much NFL teams like him, and they could see him as great value that far down the board. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Denver take him at 18. He fits McDaniels' profile of a TE more than Scheffler does.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 02:06 PM
I dont think he should laugh he was a terrible coach here and in miami.
but his team now made playoffs while he was the coach and we're still praying. It's not important where you were back then but where you are now and where you're headed.

henrybacker
04-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Our offense has enough weapons, how about someone to BLOCK for Trent Edwards and our RB's.

-wait, what? enough weopons? te's do block and he is supposed to be nfl ready in blocking now

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 02:08 PM
If the Lions grab Stafford don't forget they have Jeff Backus at LT and only a couple of years ago he signed a 6years $40m deal.

It is quite possible that the Lions would grab Pettigrew. After all he'd be an upgrade over Michael Gaines.

The Juice Is Loose
04-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Wishful thinking. Just knowing that if KC says they aren't going to trade someone in 2009 they end up trading them. So far.

They said they wouldn't trade either, and they just traded one. Why not the other? And if Gonzo is a 2nd round value, Waters could be had for a 3rd.

The Juice Is Loose
04-23-2009, 02:10 PM
If the Lions grab Stafford don't forget they have Jeff Backus at LT and only a couple of years ago he signed a 6years $40m deal.

It is quite possible that the Lions would grab Pettigrew. After all he'd be an upgrade over Michael Gaines.

They went 0-16. They have bigger fish to fry than tight end.

psubills62
04-23-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't think people should assume Pettigrew will fall to #28. I'm sure there are more teams interested in him than just Atlanta, Philly and Buffalo.

Minnesota could really use him, and he'd be downright dangerous in NE. I really hope the Pats don't pick him.

The Spaz
04-23-2009, 02:12 PM
but his team now made playoffs while he was the coach and we're still praying. It's not important where you were back then but where you are now and where you're headed.

Rob johnson won a super bowl and i can give 2 ****s about him too.

mayotm
04-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Our offense has enough weapons, how about someone to BLOCK for Trent Edwards and our RB's.

-wait, what? enough weopons? te's do block and he is supposed to be nfl ready in blocking nowThis is off topic, but you may want to consider changing your user name for numerous reasons.

Nighthawk
04-23-2009, 02:17 PM
This is off topic, but you may want to consider changing your user name for numerous reasons.

Hey, you never know...maybe it's another inmate in his prison! The name sure fits...

psubills62
04-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Wishful thinking. Just knowing that if KC says they aren't going to trade someone in 2009 they end up trading them. So far.

They said they wouldn't trade either, and they just traded one. Why not the other? And if Gonzo is a 2nd round value, Waters could be had for a 3rd.

A 2nd-rounder next year though...that implies Waters could be had for a third rounder next year, which is about equal to a high fourth this year (just guesswork, mostly).

The thing is, I'm wondering how likely they are to trade Waters now that Gonzalez is gone. Either they're working to get rid of guys who want to leave, or they want to hang onto Waters and didn't feel Gonzalez was needed as much.

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 02:21 PM
They went 0-16. They have bigger fish to fry than tight end.

If you consider their current roster, they've set on the running game, the line could do some work but have their bookends, they have starting WRs, their defensive line has some starters there, they have Peterson and Sims in the linebackers and they have upgraded their secondary in free agency.

With the massive money they will give Stafford, getting him a get out of jail card in Pettigrew does make sense as the can get an interior OL or DE lower in the draft.

raphael120
04-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Traded for a 2nd rounder. Go Falcons.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Rob johnson won a super bowl and i can give 2 ****s about him too.
Rob didn't help. Mularkey helps.

They are both laughing at us.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2009, 02:26 PM
If you want a new username, you may PM me.

Patti120
04-23-2009, 03:06 PM
It would be nice if he fell to us at 28 but something tells me he won't make it that far.

don137
04-23-2009, 03:09 PM
A 2nd-rounder next year though...that implies Waters could be had for a third rounder next year, which is about equal to a high fourth this year (just guesswork, mostly).

The thing is, I'm wondering how likely they are to trade Waters now that Gonzalez is gone. Either they're working to get rid of guys who want to leave, or they want to hang onto Waters and didn't feel Gonzalez was needed as much.

That is what I am thinking. The trade of Gonzo means they are in rebuilding mode so Waters could be dangled out there.

I could also see the Ravens going after Pettigrew. There is a chance he will be there at #28. Who ever thought no WR would be taken last year in round one when many on this board had the Bills taking Devin Thomas.

The Spaz
04-23-2009, 03:12 PM
That is what I am thinking. The trade of Gonzo means they are in rebuilding mode so Waters could be dangled out there.

I could also see the Ravens going after Pettigrew. There is a chance he will be there at #28. Who ever thought no WR would be taken last year in round one when many on this board had the Bills taking Devin Thomas.

Yeah the Ravens are the other team that would take him. Even though they signed Smith and have Heap but they are both injury prone.

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't agree. Having just brought in Cassell, and with a rookie LT, I do not think Pioli made GM of the year by making stupid decisions.

Don't forget last year they drafted Brad Cottam at TE out of Tennessee so they had an inhouse replacement. Looking at their roster they have no-one to replace Waters, they have the same problem finding a G in Free Agency as we do and they'd struggle to find an immediate starter in the draft.

Waters will not be cheap

henrybacker
04-23-2009, 03:19 PM
can I change it to : Henry'sgonnabeHornyasFwhenHeGetsOuttaJail ?

Dying_-2-_Live
04-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Gonzalez at this point in his career... IS NOT WORTH A 2ND

billogic99
04-23-2009, 06:50 PM

I don't know, they have a lot of offense in Atlanta, adding a probolw TE who still has plenty left in the tank, is a nice move IMO. Besides it's a 2010 2nd rounder and they have supplimental picks that will help with the loss of that second rounder, which will most likely be a late second. I think it was a pretty damn smart move for the Falcons. I think they will be a scary team next year, they can use this draft to bolster their defense. Atlanta won 11 games last year, with a rookie QB. I think they just made themselves quite a bit better.

jamze132
04-24-2009, 05:48 AM
THANK YOU!

Haven't you been reading this board? Pettigrew is the best blocker ever. Ever.