PDA

View Full Version : Guys, OpIv and Raphael are right

The Juice Is Loose
04-23-2009, 02:50 PM
The Bills are terrible. They are never going to do anything. Trent sucks, Jason Peters was god, and there's no way we can even compete this year.

I say we all leave this board and never come back. We should all just give up. Lets root for the Patriots.

mayotm
04-23-2009, 02:51 PM
The Bills are terrible. They are never going to do anything. Trent sucks, Jason Peters was god, and there's no way we can even compete this year.

I say we all leave this board and never come back. We should all just give up. Lets root for the Patriots.The rooting for the Patriots part should be directed at HH.

Captain gameboy
04-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Well.....Mostly right.

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
I've been *****ing about this team for years and I haven't given up.

What the hell's your problem?

The Juice Is Loose
Well since the Bills are bad and its against the rules to hope they do well, I guess we should just be bandwagoners.

Considering we can't win any games next year and we have 22 starting holes.

09 is over. We're picking first next year, but who cares cuz they'll blow that too.

bigbry

I say we all leave this board and never come back. We should all just give up. Lets root for the Dolphins.

Perfect!

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 02:54 PM

I say we all leave this board and never come back. We should all just give up. Lets root for the Patriots.See ya!

TacklingDummy
04-23-2009, 02:55 PM
With Jason Peters 7-9 ,7-9, 7-9.
Last 2 years was injured late in the season. Could he be injury prone?
Not to mention there was not that great of drop off in line play without Peters.

On offense it really will come down to weather or not Trent has his head out of his ass. The Bills O will only go as far Trent takes it.

OpIv37
Well since the Bills are bad and its against the rules to hope they do well, I guess we should just be bandwagoners.

Considering we can't win any games next year and we have 22 starting holes.

09 is over. We're picking first next year, but who cares cuz they'll blow that too.

It's not against the rules to hope they do well. It's illogical to expect them to do well, for all the reasons I've already stated. There's a difference between hope and expectations.

And if we are bandwagoners, why are we still here wasting our time discussing this team? If we were bandwagoners, we would have been gone a long time ago.

I won't waste my time addressing the hyperbole in the rest of your post.

The Juice Is Loose
We're the worst team in the universe. We don't deserve to be in the CFL. We should close down the stadium and pick first next year since it's happening anyway.

Even if we can win our management will just ruin it. So even if we get the first pick next year we'll just pick a bust.

Jan Reimers
I think some of the "realists" revel in the misery of rooting for a losing franchise. I don't know what they'd do if we got good.

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 02:56 PM
With Jason Peters 7-9 ,7-9, 7-9.
Last 2 years was injured late in the season. Could he be injury prone?
Not to mention there was not that great of drop off in line play without Peters.

On offense it really will come down to weather or not Trent has his head out of his ass. The Bills O will only go as far Trent takes it.

Unless we fix the OL, Trent's ass is gonna be buried in the turf regardless of where his head is.

The Spaz
04-23-2009, 02:57 PM
I think some of the "realists" revel in the misery of rooting for a losing franchise. I don't know what they'd do if we got good.

***** some more?:idunno:

TacklingDummy
04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Unless we fix the OL, Trent's ass is gonna be buried in the turf regardless of where his head is.

OL play depends a lot on how the QB plays.

Peyton Manning makes his o-line look better than it is compared to JP Losman making his o-line look worse than it is.

The Juice Is Loose
04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm not even gonna watch! I already know what's going to happen!

Rian Fitzpatrick here we come! Oh geeeeeze!!

We have 0 starters on this whole roster there's no way can compete!

Disclaimer: Nobody seems to have picked up that I'm being SARCASTIC!

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 02:59 PM
BTW, Juice.... what's worse?

Those who ***** about the team or those who ***** about those who *****?

At least the people *****ing about the team are discussing the team.

The Juice Is Loose
04-23-2009, 03:04 PM
I was discussing the team. You and I, I thought, made some progress in our other conversation.

The point I'm making is it ain't over til it's over! That is the attitude a fan should have. This is the same organization that had the greatest comeback in NFL history. We, of all fans, should realize that.

The Cardinals were bad for 50 years and then they went to the Super Bowl. How many Super Bowl winners of recent years were picked to do so?

Last year it was supposed to be the Patriots, and the Steelers were supposed to suck, because of their o line.

The year before it was the Patriots, and the Giants had no chance to beat them.

The Seahawks made the super bowl.

The Patriots first Super Bowl. NOBODY thought they'd make the PLAYOFFS that year!

Look forward, talk about what we SHOULD do. Not what happened before. There are players on this team that can do great things. There are several draft picks that we could hit home runs on.

Its not over. That is the point I was making. I think my comments were pretty profound. Its almost exactly what you doom and gloom negatives sound like to me.

I realize this team isn't great. They went 7-9. But we're closer than 10 other teams, and several teams that finished better than us, got worse this year. The Jets, The Broncos, The Ravens lost their DC and a top LB, Just that alone moves us up to the top half of the draft.

What if Whitner excels, finally? What if Poz reaches his potential. Week 1 will be his 17th game!

patmoran2006
04-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Calm down, Tiger

billsfanone
04-23-2009, 03:07 PM
I'd rather complain about not having a lot of money than get all giddy and expect to win the lotto every week.

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I was discussing the team. You and I, I thought, made some progress in our other conversation.

The point I'm making is it ain't over til it's over! That is the attitude a fan should have. This is the same organization that had the greatest comeback in NFL history. We, of all fans, should realize that.

The Cardinals were bad for 50 years and then they went to the Super Bowl. How many Super Bowl winners of recent years were picked to do so?

Last year it was supposed to be the Patriots, and the Steelers were supposed to suck, because of their o line.

The year before it was the Patriots, and the Giants had no chance to beat them.

The Seahawks made the super bowl.

The Patriots first Super Bowl. NOBODY thought they'd make the PLAYOFFS that year!

Look forward, talk about what we SHOULD do. Not what happened before. There are players on this team that can do great things. There are several draft picks that we could hit home runs on.

Its not over. That is the point I was making. I think my comments were pretty profound. Its almost exactly what you doom and gloom negatives sound like to me.

I realize this team isn't great. They went 7-9. But we're closer than 10 other teams, and several teams that finished better than us, got worse this year. The Jets, The Broncos, The Ravens lost their DC and a top LB, Just that alone moves us up to the top half of the draft.

What if Whitner excels, finally? What if Poz reaches his potential. Week 1 will be his 17th game!

Fair enough.

The "doom and gloom" comes from all the "what if's?"

What if Trent plays well? What if Whitner takes his head out of his ass? What if Poz suddenly returns to college form? What if Bell turns out to be a steal? What if we get our 3 or 4 starters in the draft?

I could go on all day.

IF all those things happen, this will be a good season. And chances are some of them will happen. But to me, it just doesn't seem likely or logical that enough of them will happen for this team to do well. I hope they all happen because I want this team to win- I just don't expect them to happen.

billsfanone
04-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Too many ifs from a front office and coach who are proven losers.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2009, 03:16 PM

I say we all leave this board and never come back. We should all just give up. Lets root for the Patriots.
Realists are ruiners of fun... :puke:

ddaryl
04-23-2009, 03:18 PM
this post is really rediculous...

OP and Rapheal may have negative undertones and overtones, but they aren't wrong...

We'll all watch and we'll all remain fans, yet this organization continues to hire the Jaurons, and continues to ignore the importance of the OL and DL, and one draft and bunch of 2nd tier FA's will not fix the decade plus of ineptness, and failed decsions.

I hope for the best, but I am firmly rooted in reality, we are still building and the latest purge of players and trade rumors dictates how bad the Bills FO views this team.

billsfanone
04-23-2009, 03:21 PM
I used to be an optimist. If the Bills did anything positive I'd be an optimist again. At the start, we're dealing with a 7-9 team. So when net-net, they lost talent, there is really nothing good to expect. I'd like to see them move in a positive direction personal wise for a change. I think TO can be a huge plus or a giant cancer. Besides TO, this offseason has been an abortion.

ddaryl
04-23-2009, 03:29 PM
I used to be an optimist. If the Bills did anything positive I'd be an optimist again. At the start, we're dealing with a 7-9 team. So when net-net, they lost talent, there is really nothing good to expect. I'd like to see them move in a positive direction personal wise for a change. I think TO can be a huge plus or a giant cancer. Besides TO, this offseason has been an abortion.

me too ... In fact at one time I had OP and Rapheal on ignore for the same reason Juice started this post.

now although I think they are a bit ovelry negative I can't blame them anymore.... the Bills keep making the wrong decisions over and over again.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 03:30 PM
The juice needs to learn that when he starts threads like this it makes it worse.

sdbillsfan2
04-23-2009, 03:34 PM

So are you saying that only one opinion , one view counts , and even when reality bites you in the arse? I saw plenty of folks come down on JP , Drew Bledsoe , Mark Malarkey etc and since that was how most felt that's ok? It's called a difference of opinion. I'm fine with that. It does NOT treaten my loyalty to the Bills . The Bills are their own worse enemy . Not OpIv , raphael or anyone else here.

What I always liked about this board was the difference of opinions.
When someone disagrees with the status quo I see people encouraging mindless drivel from a young member for his enthusiasm but now we chastise open and fair debate ? Do what I do ..Don't like the poster , don't read it ...I try as hard as I can to avoid Mitchell55 .

If and when the Bills tank this year or eek out another 7-9 season , I'll look to see who the first people to gripe are . Maybe just maybe not all opinions are wortless.

The Juice Is Loose
04-23-2009, 04:56 PM
This stemmed, for me, from the "Remember the bills hired buddy nix" Thread earlier today.

To me, that is a real reason to get excited. We have a guy in our staff that has been proven to be an outstanding drafter, recently too, not back in the day.

He has found gems for san diego all through the draft, and now he's on our team.

So I was pumped when I read the original post in that thread, only to scroll down and read some BS negative crap. It wasn't about Nix, it was about Opiv forcing his negative crap down people's throat.

The thread was called "Yay we hired nix" Not "Come gripe about everything wrong with the Bills"

So if I want to go start a thread and say, Hey, I'm excited because I think Poz and Schobel are gonna be big for us this year, I'm going to get torn apart and have the laundry list of every little thing that's wrong with team jammed in my face.

That is the point I was trying to make. People being negative can do so with eachother. Leave the people looking up and trying to be positive to themselves. If its a thread about our scout, talk about our scout.

Philagape
04-23-2009, 05:00 PM
The worst whining of all is whining about posters. Can't stand the heat ...........

BAM
04-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Consider not letting a leisure activity such as a football team get you down in life. Way too many other things to worry about. I see that's not the case with a lot of you though. To each his own. You guys insulting each other, swearing and your arrogance to get your points across makes you look like fools.

I love the Buffalo Bills but I'm certainly not going to let it affect my life or stress me out. To each his own I suppose. :peace:

~ The voice of reason.

ParanoidAndroid
04-23-2009, 05:44 PM
I've been *****ing about this team for years and I haven't given up.

What the hell's your problem?

Op....I just noticed that set of teams from the bottom of your signature.......

You really ARE a glutten for punishment.

I am too, I guess........maybe you just like the underdogs like I do.

HHURRICANE
04-23-2009, 07:43 PM

Jan, I think you are a pretty fair poster but do you really believe this?

I'm a realist who loved the Bills in 1987 when I could see they were starting to build a winner even though the record wasn't their yet.

I am very patient with a team that is making the right moves and trying to actually win.

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 08:30 PM
This stemmed, for me, from the "Remember the bills hired buddy nix" Thread earlier today.

To me, that is a real reason to get excited. We have a guy in our staff that has been proven to be an outstanding drafter, recently too, not back in the day.

He has found gems for san diego all through the draft, and now he's on our team.

So I was pumped when I read the original post in that thread, only to scroll down and read some BS negative crap. It wasn't about Nix, it was about Opiv forcing his negative crap down people's throat.

The thread was called "Yay we hired nix" Not "Come gripe about everything wrong with the Bills"

So if I want to go start a thread and say, Hey, I'm excited because I think Poz and Schobel are gonna be big for us this year, I'm going to get torn apart and have the laundry list of every little thing that's wrong with team jammed in my face.

That is the point I was trying to make. People being negative can do so with eachother. Leave the people looking up and trying to be positive to themselves. If its a thread about our scout, talk about our scout.

So, basically you're telling people where and when they can post based on the nature of the comment. That's censorship.

Someone posted about why they were excited about Buddy Nix- I posted a valid response about why it won't help this year.

You expect Poz and Schobel to be good this year- I have a laundry list of reasons why that won't happen.

That's called discussing the team. One person posts, another person who disagrees posts a response.

If you had it your way, every thread would just be a bunch of people agreeing with each other- there would be no conversation or discussion about the team and this place would be boring as hell.

You may not like the negative tone that some of us use, and that's your right. But it's also our right to post in whatever tone we want, as long as we don't violate the TOS. Instead of focusing on the tone, focus on the argument we're making and why you agree or disagree.

seanbillsfan
04-23-2009, 08:37 PM
I can understand how people are angry about the way this team has been for the last 10 years. I will always support this team no matter how dumb they look or how bad the FO is because its in my blood. Being a sports fan isnt always easy, especially in buffalo, but once you lose all hope what the hell is the point?

Go Bills!

Typ0
04-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Jan, I think you are a pretty fair poster but do you really believe this?

I'm a realist who loved the Bills in 1987 when I could see they were starting to build a winner even though the record wasn't their yet.

I am very patient with a team that is making the right moves and trying to actually win.

you must have a really dim view of people if you think they are trying to lose. Sometimes things don't work out and you have to pay a price. I haven't met a lot of people that set out on a job to fail though. They want to win. They have made some mistakes and taken some hard licks. The Peters situation was a difficult one and they did what they had to do. That doesn't mean they don't want to win though. They want to win. They are trying to make the right moves.

Where I get lost is the people who insist the team is going to be good. I was hopeful last year that they were a year away. I think it's quite a longshot now that the lines have been decimated though. I think they are now a year away again and hope they can get closer. I fear another losing season facing a difficult schedule and then blowing the entire team up again next offseason and starting over...or bringing in a new staff and converting to yet another system and not having the right personnel to run it.

I think I am realistic about the situation. I'll be realistic if the team improves too. I just don't have blinders on like the bills homers who bash everyone who doesn't proclaim we are going to win the superbowl this year.

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Op....I just noticed that set of teams from the bottom of your signature.......

You really ARE a glutten for punishment.

I am too, I guess........maybe you just like the underdogs like I do.

we were just discussing this in another thread- I used to be a huge Michael Jordan fan, and I think between the SB run in the early 90's and Michael's domination, I used up a lifetime's worth of sports luck before I turned 20.

OpIv37
04-23-2009, 08:58 PM
you must have a really dim view of people if you think they are trying to lose. Sometimes things don't work out and you have to pay a price. I haven't met a lot of people that set out on a job to fail though. They want to win. They have made some mistakes and taken some hard licks. The Peters situation was a difficult one and they did what they had to do. That doesn't mean they don't want to win though. They want to win. They are trying to make the right moves.

Where I get lost is the people who insist the team is going to be good. I was hopeful last year that they were a year away. I think it's quite a longshot now that the lines have been decimated though. I think they are now a year away again and hope they can get closer. I fear another losing season facing a difficult schedule and then blowing the entire team up again next offseason and starting over...or bringing in a new staff and converting to yet another system and not having the right personnel to run it.

I think I am realistic about the situation. I'll be realistic if the team improves too. I just don't have blinders on like the bills homers who bash everyone who doesn't proclaim we are going to win the superbowl this year.

I think you misinterpreted the comments. No one thinks the Bills are TRYING to lose. Some of us just think the bottom line has become more important than winning- they'll win, as long as it doesn't cut into their profits too much.

Mike
04-23-2009, 08:58 PM
The Joice is Loose is right
The Bills are great amazing team that will probably win multiple superbows in the upcomming years and none of us should ***** or complain about how they are currently doing. After all, everything the bills do is awesome and any player they draft will be like gold and play like a god. Just STU and listen to the team officials and what they say because they are right, and after all we are the Fans and we have to support this amazing team! We are champions, the best of the best, top dog in the world of sports, chances are if the Bills played soccer, the US would be ranked #1, and if they played hockey we would have allready won multiple stanley cups. If you don'e believe me, that means that you are an unbelieved and unworthy of being a bills fan, it means that you are a fake!

Typ0
04-23-2009, 09:07 PM
I think you misinterpreted the comments. No one thinks the Bills are TRYING to lose. Some of us just think the bottom line has become more important than winning- they'll win, as long as it doesn't cut into their profits too much.

he indicated he has lost patience with the team because they aren't making the right moves because they aren't trying to win. The bottom line is a reality for any business. Nothing is going to seal their fate faster in Buffalo than decreasing their profit margins. I think they suffer from a different cancer myself and it's Wilson's heavy handed old school philosophies. We probably aren't too far off in how the problem plays out though. But I don't think the organization has changed one bit since it was formed. It's just that it hit gold a couple times by hiring the right people. But ultimately they were short lived because the organization has a cancer in it.

But hurricain lost paitence which indicates he had patience to begin with and he believes something has changed and suddenly they aren't trying to win. Me, I still hold hope they can magically strike a remission for the good of the great people in Western New York who deserve a champion not a loser.

sdbillsfan2
04-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I can understand how people are angry about the way this team has been for the last 10 years. I will always support this team no matter how dumb they look or how bad the FO is because its in my blood. Being a sports fan isnt always easy, especially in buffalo, but once you lose all hope what the hell is the point?

Go Bills!

Speaking ONLY for myself here, As a 49 years fan of the Bills , I think i've seen A hell of a lot more downs then ups. People have "DEBATED" which direction the team should go since the beginning. When some folks were still backing Jack Kemp towards the end of his career , I remember wishing they would guy a guy called La Monica a try. This could have been my first glimpse of pro football reality.

Was I less of a fan ? When Ralph threatened to move the Bills to Toronto back in the late sixties early seventies unless he got a new stadium . I realized then where Mr Wilson's priorities were. ( We did need a new stadium BTW) .

Ralph is in it for the money , A large percentage of the players are in it for the money as well. So we get whatever they push in front of us. If we don't like it we have very few choices .

A forum by definition is :

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#column-one), search (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#searchInput)
<!-- start content --> An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site.<sup id="cite_ref-vBfaqFORUM_0-0" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#cite_note-vBfaqFORUM-0)</sup> It is the modern equivalent of a traditional bulletin board (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletin_board), and a technological evolution of the dialup bulletin board system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletin_board_system).

Please note the word discussion. !!!!

As I get older , the things I once did with ease come harder these days.
The golf game is wanting, I seriously doubt I could even skate any more , but one thing I will tell you , through all the complaining about the staus quo, I still follow "MY" Bills . It's part of who we are. People gripe and complain because we ALL know things COULD BE and SHOULD BE, a hell of a lot better then what OBD is giving us. As far as losing hope , maybe sometimes we confuse displeasure with passion.
"once you lose all hope what the hell is the point? "

your right ,,but there is always tomorrow. and Saturday ,the draft ..

seanbillsfan
04-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Speaking ONLY for myself here, As a 49 years fan of the Bills , I think i've seen A hell of a lot more downs then ups. People have "DEBATED" which direction the team should go since the beginning. When some folks were still backing Jack Kemp towards the end of his career , I remember wishing they would guy a guy called La Monica a try. This could have been my first glimpse of pro football reality.

Was I less of a fan ? When Ralph threatened to move the Bills to Toronto back in the late sixties early seventies unless he got a new stadium . I realized then where Mr Wilson's priorities were. ( We did need a new stadium BTW) .

Ralph is in it for the money , A large percentage of the players are in it for the money as well. So we get whatever they push in front of us. If we don't like it we have very few choices .

A forum by definition is :

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#column-one), search (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#searchInput)
<!-- start content --> An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-vBfaqFORUM_0-0>[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#cite_note-vBfaqFORUM-0)</SUP> It is the modern equivalent of a traditional bulletin board (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletin_board), and a technological evolution of the dialup bulletin board system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletin_board_system).

Please note the word discussion. !!!!

As I get older , the things I once did with ease come harder these days.
The golf game is wanting, I seriously doubt I could even skate any more , but one thing I will tell you , through all the complaining about the staus quo, I still follow "MY" Bills . It's part of who we are. People gripe and complain because we ALL know things COULD BE and SHOULD BE, a hell of a lot better then what OBD is giving us. As far as losing hope , maybe sometimes we confuse displeasure with passion.
"once you lose all hope what the hell is the point? "

your right ,,but there is always tomorrow. and Saturday ,the draft ..

Im not really sure what you are saying. All i know is that i will always have hope for the bills/sabres. On paper we wont have the best team but "thats why they play the game" because "on any given sunday" we could beat anybody
:beers:

sdbillsfan2
04-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Im not really sure what you are saying. All i know is that i will always have hope for the bills/sabres. On paper we wont have the best team but "thats why they play the game" because "on any given sunday" we could beat anybody
:beers:

What I was saying was ,, you don't have to agree , or like everything that goes on at OBD to be a true fan.

raphael120
04-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Why do I feel like more and more, some people are playing right into Ralphs hands....people are afraid of losing the Bills so are therefore feeling forced into paying for tickets and cheering for the team despite all their flaws.

At the start of last season, I was all reppin the Bills, I was very surprised and I loved being wrong! I WANT the Bills to prove to me they have what it takes, and they have yet to do it...I saw that little 5-1 start meant nothing in the grand scheme of things.

0-6 in the division. Puss of a head coach in Jauron...still head coach.

While there may be reasons for hope, there's ALOT more reasons for pessimism.

Captain gameboy
04-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Negative doesn't bother me as much as repetitive does.