PDA

View Full Version : Its All About The Dollars, No 1 Priority at OBD

mchurchfie
04-23-2009, 03:15 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/647881.html

The Buffalo Bills have hired Bruce Popko to be their top corporate sales executive.

Popko's title is senior vice president of business development. He will oversee the team's corporate partnership division, which includes corporate sales, luxury suites, indoor premium seats as well as the implementation of the Bills' corporate regionalization strategies.

Popko comes to the Bills from the worldwide sports management firm, International Management Group, where he served as a vice president the past four years.

Popko brings an extensive NFL background to the Bills. He spent six years with the Cleveland Browns, overseeing all marketing and promotional activities, including sponsorships, local media rights, ticket operations, luxury suite and premium seating operations and stadium-related events. Before that he worked for the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Jets, as well as NFL Properties.

I wish this team was as ambitious and committed to bringing in top coaches as they are about bringing in top sales execs to promote their product and increase their oh mighty dollar.

ddaryl
04-23-2009, 03:26 PM
money = survival

this is a capitalist society...

but I share your frustration.. I would love for the BIlls to get Cowher as a HC and be willing to pay him 5 mil a year to be the coach to come here....

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 03:28 PM
what the idiots don't realize, if you put a winning product on the field, they will make money. Keep losing and the team will eventually move.

Typ0
04-23-2009, 04:26 PM
They need the most skilled guys to keep pushing deeper levels of crap on the public. The deeper the crap the better the sales guys hthey need.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/647881.html

The Buffalo Bills have hired Bruce Popko to be their top corporate sales executive.

Popko's title is senior vice president of business development. He will oversee the team's corporate partnership division, which includes corporate sales, luxury suites, indoor premium seats as well as the implementation of the Bills' corporate regionalization strategies.

Popko comes to the Bills from the worldwide sports management firm, International Management Group, where he served as a vice president the past four years.

Popko brings an extensive NFL background to the Bills. He spent six years with the Cleveland Browns, overseeing all marketing and promotional activities, including sponsorships, local media rights, ticket operations, luxury suite and premium seating operations and stadium-related events. Before that he worked for the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Jets, as well as NFL Properties.

I wish this team was as ambitious and committed to bringing in top coaches as they are about bringing in top sales execs to promote their product and increase their oh mighty dollar.

nateodoms'bff
04-23-2009, 04:52 PM
what the idiots don't realize, if you put a winning product on the field, they will make money. Keep losing and the team will eventually move.

You make me laugh.

This has nothing to do with football, at all. Its their business guy. He has no say in football operations. None. He's a guy that makes teams money. That money then goes to the operations guys, who then go make football happen.

Always a naysayer. You should seriously look into taking medication.

mchurchfie
04-23-2009, 06:33 PM
You make me laugh.

This has nothing to do with football, at all. Its their business guy. He has no say in football operations. None. He's a guy that makes teams money. That money then goes to the operations guys, who then go make football happen.

Always a naysayer. You should seriously look into taking medication.
You only have 100 posts how do you know him well enough to be saying he is ALWAYS the naysayer? The problem with this team is it has too many good business guys who work on squeezing every last little dime out of an inferior product and not enough good coaches. He is absolutely right, if you put a winning product on the field you don't need to worry about marketing it as bad. Get a clue man.

nateodoms'bff
04-23-2009, 06:40 PM
You only have 100 posts how do you know him well enough to be saying he is ALWAYS the naysayer? The problem with this team is it has too many good business guys who work on squeezing every last little dime out of an inferior product and not enough good coaches. He is absolutely right, if you put a winning product on the field you don't need to worry about marketing it as bad. Get a clue man.

Just because I dont post every minute of every day, does not mean I don't read this board.

Every move the Bills make, this guy slams them. This is a non football move, and a pretty good one, and even that doesn't make him happy. Its just funny and boring and sad all at the same time.

And the last time I checked, I had no desire to have my football knowledge measured by people on message boards. I post to express my opinion. If by some strange cosmic force, an intelligent conversation springs from it, hooray! But that rarely occurs. Mostly because the people on this board are all negative nancy's whose date forgot to pick them up for prom.

The worst part is that the things this franchise does, so that it can stay in Buffalo, for fans who suffer enough because they live in Buffalo and would be lost without this team. They bring a guy who brought national recognition to a team that had zero going for it, and the FO gets slammed. You guys are just ridiculous.

Typ0
04-23-2009, 06:50 PM
you should post more often then.

Just because I dont post every minute of every day, does not mean I don't read this board.

Every move the Bills make, this guy slams them. This is a non football move, and a pretty good one, and even that doesn't make him happy. Its just funny and boring and sad all at the same time.

And the last time I checked, I had no desire to have my football knowledge measured by people on message boards. I post to express my opinion. If by some strange cosmic force, an intelligent conversation springs from it, hooray! But that rarely occurs. Mostly because the people on this board are all negative nancy's whose date forgot to pick them up for prom.

The worst part is that the things this franchise does, so that it can stay in Buffalo, for fans who suffer enough because they live in Buffalo and would be lost without this team. They bring a guy who brought national recognition to a team that had zero going for it, and the FO gets slammed. You guys are just ridiculous.

mchurchfie
04-24-2009, 02:18 AM

Then why do you messure someone else like Justa's opinion on this message board by telling him he is a perrenial naysayer and needs to be on on medication??? Sounds pretty ****ing hypocritical to me. But that's okay, Ralphie just loves people like you that are just happy to have any kind of a team in Buffalo to root for no matter how inferior they are. I'm sure in about 5 years you will have season tickets for all 8 of the Toronto home games. :up:

jamze132
04-24-2009, 05:15 AM
This guy was brought in to negotiate the sale of the team when RW kicks the bucket.