PDA

View Full Version : Seven round Mock Draft from MSN Foxsports

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 03:43 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9484316/Predicting-the-draft,-start-to-finish

ddaryl
04-23-2009, 03:47 PM
4 OT 's off the baord before 11, 2 more off before 28

patmoran2006
04-23-2009, 03:48 PM
First three picks are my favorite mock by a MILE.
Maybin, Unger, Cook-- I would LOVE IT.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
decent mock

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Day2 is pretty ugly however

patmoran2006
04-23-2009, 03:53 PM
To be perfectly honest I've never even heard of some of the day 2 picks.

justasportsfan
04-23-2009, 03:56 PM
he has us taking a rb with our 4th after having Lynch , Rhodes Jackson and drafting Oman last year? On 2nd thought , looks like something we would do though.

kernowboy
04-23-2009, 03:56 PM

I'm not convinced by Cook - he's not a blocker, just a giant receiver. We need to look at OT and LB before TE

sdbillsfan2
04-23-2009, 04:05 PM
I think I could live with these as picks... My only problem is ......

will the powers that be at OBD feel the same.
Why do I have a feeling they won't ?

Typ0
04-23-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm not convinced by Cook - he's not a blocker, just a giant receiver. We need to look at OT and LB before TE

drafting by position at least in the first couple rounds is quite silly. in the long run you end up with marginal talent on your team. Sound familiar?

nateodoms'bff
04-23-2009, 04:13 PM
C'mon man? Really? You'd love it?

Not one of those guys helps this team immediately next year. Maybin is a situational player, Unger is competing against veterans for a starting job, and could be the second piece in a rookie right or left side of the center. (bell being considered the other rookie, even though he isn't). That actually makes the o-line worse, in my eyes. And Jared Cook? Really? A TE, when the Bills just drafted a TE that can kind of catch the ball, and can kind of block. They don't need to add a third one into the mix.

Not one of these picks actually makes the team better. If the Bills were in the middle of a Super Bowl run, and had the luxury of drafting projects and depth in the first round, then these picks would be fantastic. Sadly, they are not, and these picks would set this team back another season.

SquishDaFish
04-23-2009, 04:14 PM
I would say no Cook and take Sintim instead

SquishDaFish
04-23-2009, 04:15 PM
C'mon man? Really? You'd love it?

Not one of those guys helps this team immediately next year. Maybin is a situational player, Unger is competing against veterans for a starting job, and could be the second piece in a rookie right or left side on the of the center. (bell being considered the other rookie, even though he isn't). That actually makes the o-line worse, in my eyes. And Jared Cook? Really? A TE, when the Bills just drafted a TE that can kind of catch the ball, and can kind of block. They don't need to a third one into the mix.

Not one of these picks actually makes the team better. If the Bills were in the middle of a Super Bowl run, and had the luxury of drafting projects and depth in the first round, then these picks would be fantastic. Sadly, they are not, and these picks would set this team back another season.

The only thing I agree with from you is Cook. Under and Maybin help this team right away. How can you say they dont? Put down the crackpipe and walk away

ServoBillieves
04-23-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't get the Javon Ringer pick, if you get a RB take it later.

Also, 3, possibly 4 LB'ers in 1 draft? ...Nay.

I like the Brandon Williams pick in the fifth, the first 3 are solid, but the 3 LB'ers? I'd rather take a safety.

nateodoms'bff
04-23-2009, 04:49 PM
The only thing I agree with from you is Cook. Under and Maybin help this team right away. How can you say they dont? Put down the crackpipe and walk away

Maybin is undersized for the LE position, he would get devoured by any RT in the AFC East. He is no better at that position that Kelsay or Denney this year. He would only come in clear passing situations at best. This coaching staff does not place rookie talent in harms way, until they are 100% certain they can do their job.

So for Maybin, I say, waste of a pick.

As for Unger. While I agree that he would be a great pick for this team, taking him at #28 is foolish. Their will be a player like him available in the second round when the Bills pick at #42. Its either him, Mack or Wood. One of them will be available, and they are all pretty much the same player. Drafting Unger at #28, ignores the glaring hole at LB, which is one the biggest holes that the Bills have.

So for Unger, I like the player, just not at #28.

And Jared Cook. A guy who has hands, but not the best hands, but pretty decent hands for a guy his size. He can't block, and will basically come in as a Special Teamer, or in short yardage situations. Again, Tight End is not an issue the Bills HAVE to shore up. They have two guys who catch the ball, and can sort of block. They don't need a third.

Don't like the pick, don't like the player.

So those are my reasons. I think they are good players, just not right for this team, at this time.

clumping platelets
04-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Raji >>> Maybin

would like to see help for the secondary late instead of 3 LB's

But not bad overall

The Juice Is Loose
04-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Do you guys mean to tell me that if we took Maybin over BJ Raji, you'd be happy?!?!?!?!?!

If we took another undersized guy, and passed on another potential franchise DT, I'll hurl.

Raji is the pick if he makes it to 11.

TacklingDummy
04-23-2009, 06:00 PM
he has us taking a rb with our 4th after having Lynch , Rhodes Jackson and drafting Oman last year? On 2nd thought , looks like something we would do though.

Dummy has been calling for a RB.

kid mickey
04-23-2009, 06:13 PM
The Bills want a LE in this draft. Not an undersized RE. This is not a smart choice. The Bills already have a RE backing up Schobel in Chris Ellis. The LE they could get is Michael Johnson at 28. He may take a little time to develop but you have that time. He could come in on obvious pass situations for Kelsay and make a situational impact.

nateodoms'bff
04-23-2009, 06:32 PM
The Bills want a LE in this draft. Not an undersized RE. This is not a smart choice. The Bills already have a RE backing up Schobel in Chris Ellis. The LE they could get is Michael Johnson at 28. He may take a little time to develop but you have that time. He could come in on obvious pass situations for Kelsay and make a situational impact.

Huh? So this is a luxury draft for the Bills FO? They can afford to take project players in the first round, with a pick they got by trading their "franchise" LT?

Thank God you are not running this team.

Akhippo
04-23-2009, 06:53 PM
I would have to take Raji if this is how it played out.
Then:
1b Unger
2 C Barwin
3 S Nelson
Safety and Linebacker

psubills62
04-23-2009, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't be very happy with that, especially with taking all those LB's. Do they realize we have other holes to fill? If anything, that's the one position we may be able to ignore in the draft if we can sign Freddy Keiaho shortly after it.

X-Era
04-23-2009, 07:19 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9484316/Predicting-the-draft,-start-to-finish

This guy is nuts... hes got Maclin dropping to the Jets at 17 and Everette Brown dropping to 25.

PromoTheRobot
04-23-2009, 07:28 PM
He has Atlanta taking Pettigrew when they just traded their #2 for Tony Gonzales.

PTR

SABURZFAN
04-24-2009, 07:59 AM
a draft like that will have the Bills in the running for another 7-9 season. :down:

Tatonka
04-24-2009, 08:20 AM
the fact that someone took the time to do a full 7 round mock when he will probably hit on 3% of those picks is nuts. must be a slow day at his office.

Tatonka
04-24-2009, 08:37 AM
i like the ringer pick. guy is a player.