PDA

View Full Version : Heres who I want and dont want

X-Era
04-23-2009, 06:43 PM
I will go by pick # and assume no trades but let me say this straight out, if we traded for Heap, Waters, or Shefller, I would be very happy.

11) Id love:

Orakpo- To me the top DE and the best fit for a 4-3 out of the top 3 DE's. I love his game.
Curry- Ive been a huge fan since day one. I havent seen as solid a prospect at LB in many years.
Jason Smith- Hes probably a franchise LT.
Everette Brown- Im a huge fan of him and always have been. I think hes going to overachieve even with his size question marks.
Maualuga- Hes got the Ray Lewis approach that our defense needs so badly. Hes a fiery competitor that will bring a nasty attitude. Yes hes likely a MLB, but moving Poz outside is a real option in my mind.

Id like:

Monroe- He likely to be a very solid OT and may end up being a franchise LT.
Pettigrew- although Id love it better later
Michael Oher- Raw yes, but hes so athletic.

I would not be fond of:

Cushing- I think hes maxed out and Ive just never been a big fan. But his fiery play might end up making him a good pickup.
Maybin- Just too raw, we need real help now. But it wouldnt be the worst move ever.

Id Hate:

Andre Smith- I know he has all the ability, but his transgressions, and they likelihood that he may not start a game for us next year make me just want to steer clear of it.

28) Id love:

Pettigrew- I think at this point hes great value, I love his complete game, and he plays really tough.

Id like:

Clay Matthews- I think hes an overachiever
James Lauranitis- Ive always liked his game, but I think hes a likely MLB for us.
William Moore- Im a big fan of him, he would be in my "love the pick" category but I realize that its not a top need. But I can see him as an upgrade to Simpson and Scott.
Eben Britton- I like his athleticism
Phil Loadholt- I think it may be a bit high for him, but I also think he could be a solid RT real early.
Shawn Nelson- Maybe too high, maybe not. I think hes right there fopr the #2 TE with Jared Cook, Hes not quite as good as a blocker as Pettigrew but better as a receiver, Id prefer Pettigrew, but its close.
Jared Cook- Im a huge Cook fan. Again, probably too high for him, but late 1st is not out of the question with him.
Larry English- probably about where he may go and his pass rushing upside may compensate for the position switch to OLB for us... still may be some growing pains though.
Lawrence Sidbury- I dont know if I could call a 1st round guy that most know about a sleeper, but hes a guy that just may end up being a steal at DE. Late round 1 isn't out of the question and hes got the size for the 4-3.
Michael Johnson- I have concerns over his desire, but his size/speed and athleticism could be a boon if properly motivated.

I would not be fond of:

Gerald Cardogan- Hes just too much of a reach this high, lower yes, but not this high.
Clint Sintim- In the games that I watched him, I was very unimpressed. I think he could end up being decent, maybe solid. But that's about it.

Id hate:

None.

42) Id Love:

Jared Cook- Great value and brings a ton to the table
Shawn Nelson- See Cook
Ziggy Hood- Love his game, probably best with a stud like Stroud next to him.
Duke Robinson- I think hes likely to be a late 1st rounder or that he will go above us at 42, but if hes there, hes a great prospect who could start fairly early at LG.
Jarron Gilbert- If hes here, he has as much upside as anyone in the draft to me. Id prefer other positions at 28, but he should be in discussion at even 28. Yes, I think he could be that good.

Id Like:

Alex Mack- I like his game
Max Unger- I like his versatility.
Eric Wood- See Mack
Travis Beckum- Too early? probably. But his bench at the combine raised eyebrows and I bet this guy could develop into the next Winslow (without the attitude and piss poor blocking)
Gerald Cardogan- The right position for him to get taken.
Herman Johnson- I know about his weight issues, but I really think hes got the right attitude and will become pretty good.

I wouldnt not be fond of:

James Casey- I think its too early for him
Louis Delmas- I don't hate him, but I like other S better
Connor Barwin- I see Chris Kelsay written all over him.

Id hate:

None

I will reserve my judgment about my day two opinions until Saturday night. I will need to see if anyone dropped into day two that I really like.

seanbillsfan
04-23-2009, 06:57 PM
I agree with orakpo, i think he is exactly what we need. I love sintim though, if we got both of them i would be happier than a pig in s**t

:drool: