PDA

View Full Version : Best of Both Worlds

Mike
04-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Now the Bills can have the best of both world (elite DE + Best Availabe Player according to need)

I am seeing a couple of possibilities in mock drafts.

1. There is a run on certain skill possitions players in top 10 and many of the elite OT drop out of top 10. I believe this is why the Bills were willing to trade Peters, simply because they could replace him for less money with the #11 pick. Option #1 get best available OT at #11 assuming one of the top OT drop out of top 10.

2. There is run at OT and one of the QB's (or other top player) drops to #11. Now the Bills can trade down in the first and get an additional 2nd round pick and a pick next year!

So here it is:
Option #1: 1a. Draft top OT available 1b. Draft Everette Brown
Option #2: Trade down in first:: 1a. Best availeble according to need
(TE, OT, LB) 1b. Everette Brown

In order for this to occur, this Bills need to assume that Brown will be availbe at 28 which I think is a realistic possibilty.

Some experts suggest that he may fall our of the first round all together.

I see him as a top talent and if available at 28 I would jump on it and get him!

I think assuming this can very much help the Bills and land the best of both worlds: Top DE and Top OT/TE/LB.

What do you think? Would you adopt my stratagy???

Typ0
04-23-2009, 08:58 PM
you don't have a scouting crew to pick the best player based on your need with your first pick. You pick the best player period. You pick the guy you think has the best capability to make a difference. You pick the best guy you believe will not amount to a bust. Otherwise, you might just as well go to espn to get your draft board. You address your needs with guys who fall who address your needs who you have evaluated higher than they fell to.

Oaf
04-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Brown will not fall out of the 1st round.

And LT IS a skill position these days.

kernowboy
04-24-2009, 03:47 AM
There is a lot of mis-information which goes out in draft week. Everette Brown will not drop out of Round1. Even if he is being hurt by his size, his other intangibles will keep him up there.