Without trades this weekend say bye-bye to the playoffs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Without trades this weekend say bye-bye to the playoffs.

Parrish and Kelsay are still here. No real shocker. Not many people interested in a one dimensional special teams player and a below average DE.

Without some vet additions via trade there is no way we can plug all of the holes through the draft and expect all of them to play well enough to make a playoff run.

The Bills need two o-lineman, through their own admission a TE, a LB replacement for Crowell (please remember that Ellsion sucked last year so don't give me that POS argument), and for sure a DE.

We have 3 high picks to fill 5 absolute holes.

It would actually be a miracle draft if the first 3 players actually contributed so that's the miracle best case scenario.

That means that 2 vet starters at a minimum have to come in.

So as you can see you have to pray for some trades in the next 24 hours.

To kill any counter I've included the Bills draft history in the link:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
    Last edited by HHURRICANE; 04-24-2009, 07:09 AM.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Without trades this weekend say bye-bye to the playoffs.

It's a little early to give up, considering we don't know how our 2nd and 3rd year players are going to develop, how much TO will help the offense, and who we're going to draft.
    Last edited by Jan Reimers; 04-24-2009, 07:20 AM.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Aaarrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• gil
        • Mar 2005

Hey everybody - he posted a link to counter!

Seriously, I am as skeptical and jaded as I am sure most of Bills fans are, but if you are this absolutely sure they're going to be the worst team in the history of mankind, why even bother?

I don't believe they absolutely have to make trades to make the playoffs - I believe they need better d-line play and Trent Edwards to play like an All-Pro to get there.

Highly competent QB play can help to overcome many other problems.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gilbert23b
          Hey everybody - he posted a link to counter!

Seriously, I am as skeptical and jaded as I am sure most of Bills fans are, but if you are this absolutely sure they're going to be the worst team in the history of mankind, why even bother?

I don't believe they absolutely have to make trades to make the playoffs - I believe they need better d-line play and Trent Edwards to play like an All-Pro to get there.

Highly competent QB play can help to overcome many other problems.
          Trent playing like an All-Pro eh? And what O-line will be protecting him?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            It's a little early to give up, considering we don't know how our 2nd and 3rd year players are going to develop, how much TO will help the offense, and who we're going to draft.
            We were counting on 2nd and 3rd year players to develop last year. And the year before that. How'd that work out?

Also, in one breath you say we need development from our 2nd and 3rd year players, and in the next you mention draft picks. If it takes players 2 to 3 years to come into their own, how can you rely on the draft so heavily? On one hand you're counting on the improvement of existing players and on the other hand you're mentioning immediate contributions from the draft. So which is it- do they help immediately or do they take 2-3 years to develop?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
              My IQ Test results came back negative
              • Oct 2002

So in your post you say rookies probally wont contribute. What about 2nd year players like chris ellis or demtrius bell? You yourself said as are rookies this year will suck. Will they always suck??? Im sure they didnt get any better right?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Sorry. The draft link must be wrong. Even though it's never happened we are expecting 3 rookies to come in, start, and replace Peters, Crowell, and Kelsay. Ellis couldn't even replace Kelsay and he was our 3rd rounder.

Than with the remining picks we are goung to updrade LG and TE.

Then the responses I read are STFU and I'm being negative, blah, blah, blah.

Nice counters on improving a team that won 7 games last year.

This board wants to live in fairyland. I'm pretty sure I know why Hooters stays in business now. You guys would rather dream about getting the girl than actually do something to make it happen.

Pathetic.

Still waiting for one counter that makes any sense whatsoever.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
                  So in your post you say rookies probally wont contribute. What about 2nd year players like chris ellis or demtrius bell? You yourself said as are rookies this year will suck. Will they always suck??? Im sure they didnt get any better right?
                  Did McCargo get better? Poz? Ko Simpson? Butler? Schouman? Edwards?

Every year, someone makes this "1st to 2nd year or 2nd to 3rd year" player improvement and it never works.

First, while players do improve, there is simply too much of a talent gap between us and other teams for player improvement alone to put us where we need to be.

Second, this FO/coaching staff has shown ZERO ability to find and/or develop players.

So, you can keep relying on player development, but history has shown that it's not enough for this team.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    Aaarrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Nice job monitoring the board. I think I'm the only donor in this thread but you allow people to post "stfu and go away".

As I said before not one intelligent counter.

The draft link was too sobering?

Comment

I certainly think we need to hit home with our picks at #11, #28, #42, and #75. I doubt anyone will take Kelsay but I think we should get a Round3 pick for Parrish, maybe trading him to the Titans for their #94.

Going after players the pundits rave amount is a sure way to flunk this draft. We need strong, mature guys, with a good work ethic, professional attitude, and solid character who can come in and who really want to make it, not flabby fat arses who think that because they've been drafted, they can waddle down to Taco Bell and who don't know what the weight room is, let alone know how to find it.

Comment

• Buffatexas
                        • Aug 2002

I do not agree with the consensus that we "have to" have all 1-3 round picks immediately contribute. I think that Modrak may be now "accountable" and is having more influence in this years offseason so I would expect a purge of the "dead weight" on this team. The problem is that we have so much of it, you just cannot purge it all at the same time. And unfortunately, other teams know this and simply wont take what we have unless they really see the need.

Regarding all the holes that were created, IF the front office has done their homework and the talent drafted lives up to expectaton, then they may be able to pull talent from the latter rounds.

So with the link provided by hurricane, I give you the following players who may or may not have been all pro talent but came in and did their job well enough. And players we are talking about today as potential "good" starters.

Demetrius Bell - 7th
                        Steve Johnson - 7th
                        Brad Butler - 5th
                        Terrance McGee - 4th
                        Jay Riemersma - 7th
                        Tom Nutten - 7th (not well for us, but was decent with the Rams)
                        Kurt Schulz - 7th

And the list goes on...Mark Maddox, Keith McKeller, Marvcus Patton, Howard Ballard. All late round picks

Throw Tom Brady in there as well...If Bledsoe doesnt get hurt...who know what todays AFC East landscape would be like.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

the sky is falling.. the sky is falling.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Nice job monitoring the board. I think I'm the only donor in this thread but you allow people to post "stfu and go away".

As I said before not one intelligent counter.

The draft link was too sobering?
                            Sorry, I had a teleconference with Israel and EU representatives. Next time I will tell them you need me.

I don't have time to babysit every ****ing thing said on this board, nor do I have the desire.

And before you ***** about others attacking you, perhaps you should look in the mirror.

Quite honestly, I am sick and tired of the attacks people are making, as well as the way others feel a need to talk down to others, the way some feel the need to make 20 threads that say the same basic thing and the general attitude here.

Perhaps we could try to treat other with a tad bit of respect and quit being general pains in the ass. And this is not just directed at you.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Everybody.

Stop posting crap in this thread.

Now.

Comment

Working...
                              X