PDA

View Full Version : John Gruden says Oher at #11 if he was GM

ddaryl
04-24-2009, 08:21 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80fef85a&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

<TABLE class=standard_table cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR class=whiteback><TD>

</TD><TD>
Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=BUF)

</TD><TD>
Michael Oher (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/michael-oher?id=71419)

</TD><TD>
OT

</TD><TD>
Mississippi

</TD></TR><TR class=whiteback><TD colSpan=5>http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/j_gruden_65x90.jpg http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/bills_logo.jpg (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=BUF) Jon Gruden: "We have pass rushers. I've got the best receiving core in football. I'm going to throw the rock now, I'm going to spread you out and throw it. I could use some defensive help, but I have to keep my quarterback healthy. If Edwards is healthy, Edwards can play. I'm going to Ole Miss to find Michael Oher."</TD></TR><TR class=whiteback><TD colSpan=5>The experts weigh in ...

</TD></TR><TR class=whiteback><TD></TD><TD colSpan=4>Charles Davis: "Are you going to play yourself in the movie now? Now that you've selected him, you can play yourself in the movie."

Jon Gruden: "I'll have season tickets to the Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF), and I'll be watching."

Charles Davis: "Can I get a ticket to Toronto?"

Rich Eisen: "That's on the NFL Network!"

Jamie Dukes: "Can you get him to read the book that's about him before he gets camp?"

Jon Gruden: "This football player, he's a four-year starter. He's backed it up on tape."

Rich Eisen: "They'd be estatic if this happens, right?"

Mike Mayock: "He's a Buffalo Bill. I think four offensive tackles will go in the first 10, if not the first 11. The tackles are coming off the board, just like last year. Now we go from the Bills to one of the most intriguing teams in the draft, the Broncos."

Kinda following my theory regarding OT early. We have a solid WR core and we even have a great stable of RB's. Get us some OL players to fortify our O so we can run and pass at will.

Although Gruden is pretty high if he thinks we have pass rushers

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HHURRICANE
04-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Yep.

Pretty sure that's the pick unless we trade down with Denver.

We need an LT to replace Peters and we'll use the #28th pick to improve the team.

Of course if you keep Peters you use the 11th pick to improve the team.

But two picks are better than one. Right?

ddaryl
04-24-2009, 08:32 AM
HH you're annoying

I have NO problems with Peters being gone. I don't forsee Peters playing up to his contract etiher... He already proved he wasn't willing to work hard for the big money. Otherwise he wouldn't have held out in 2008, and he wouldn't have failed to make any contact with the Bills last offseason, and he wouldn't have come back to work last season out of shape, looking like a turnstyle and then make commnet s like " You play the game to make the probowl"

would have been nice to not have to look for a OT, but the bottom line is we are so lets move the **** on already

SABURZFAN
04-24-2009, 08:32 AM
i wouldn't be mad at that pick.

kernowboy
04-24-2009, 08:35 AM
I would be.

We need to improve the pass rush.

Our offence will achieve squat if we cannot get the opposition offence of the field. Gruden is no longer on my list of preferred candidates to replace Jauron.

HHURRICANE
04-24-2009, 08:37 AM
HH you're annoying

I have NO problems with Peters being gone. I don't forsee Peters playing up to his contract etiher... He already proved he wasn't willing to work hard for the big money. Otherwise he wouldn't have held out in 2008, and he wouldn't have failed to make any contact with the Bills last offseason, and he wouldn't have come back to work last season out of shape, looking like a turnstyle and then make commnet s like " You play the game to make the probowl"

would have been nice to not have to look for a OT, but the bottom line is we are so lets move the **** on already

What are we arguing about? If we draft Oher than we replaced Peters and are using our 28th pick to improve the team.

Whether you feel or I feel it's good or bad that's what would be happening.

Yes?

ddaryl
04-24-2009, 08:38 AM
I would be.

Our offence will achieve squat if we cannot get the opposition offence of the field. Gruden is no longer on my list of preferred candidates to replace Jauron.

and do you really think our O is going to be able to get our D off the field if we have no protection to move the ball.

Our D last year had multiple players on IR who will return to us this year, and the D itslef has lost no players.

Our OL has lost 4 players from last year

this theory about the D getting our O back on the filed only works if our O can actually move the chains and score points

madness
04-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Gruden is talking like he's our next coach. :scratch:

ddaryl
04-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Gruden is talking like he's our next coach. :scratch:

there is a lot of people reaiding into his comments about season tickets

Gruden in Buffalo has a chance based upon the fact he is a tampa 2 guy and we are a set up with that kind of personell

but I am not reading into it that much....

kernowboy
04-24-2009, 09:37 AM
No way Gruden

We'd need a dozen QBs on the roster.

As for the offence staying on the field, we can grab OL help at #28 and/or #42 plus Walker and Chambers didn't do too badly.

Oher is historically a slow learner and our first choice has to produce from Day1

ddaryl
04-24-2009, 10:26 AM
No way Gruden

We'd need a dozen QBs on the roster.

As for the offence staying on the field, we can grab OL help at #28 and/or #42 plus Walker and Chambers didn't do too badly.

Oher is historically a slow learner and our first choice has to produce from Day1

Yes we can pick up a T but if there is a run on T's there won't be crap at #11.

The bottom line is Oher is a 4 year starter, and we can use him at G... Also if Oher is a slow learner with a wonderlic of 17 then what was Peters with a wonderlic of 9 ????

I don't buy into the reports that he is a slow learner to the point that he would be ineffective for us on the OL

also 90 % of the DE's you covet would not be 3 down DE's and many of these DE's are projects with upside, or dare I say it.. downsides...

I'm not against DE's on #11 but I feel you are not applying the same principles to your evaluation of DE need and OL need purely based upon you wanting DD in this draft over O.

Captain gameboy
04-24-2009, 10:34 AM
I'll bet these guys spend almost no time researching this, and NFL network staffers feed them the stuff.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2009, 11:33 AM
To me, Gruden's credibility is gone completely with his first four words: "We have pass rushers."

Where has he been?

justasportsfan
04-24-2009, 11:41 AM
I would be.

We need a pass rush and we need to protect the qb. It all depends on what you think is more important.

Even if a pass rush helps the field position , it's no use when your qb ass is on the turf. Then we have to worry about Fitz playing qb.

Then again, D's win championship too but I doubt any of the top DE"s in this draft will be good enough to take us there either.

BillsWin
04-24-2009, 11:43 AM
best WRs in the NFL............... maybe. its an intriguing line up.

Evans T.O Reed Johnson Hardy and (for now...) Roscoe...

ddaryl
04-24-2009, 12:17 PM
best WRs in the NFL............... maybe. its an intriguing line up.

Evans T.O Reed Johnson Hardy and (for now...) Roscoe...

and it can easily go to waste if our OL isn't good enough

kid mickey
04-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Mayock says Oher is the pick. That could change, but honestly I would be thrilled with the selection.