PDA

View Full Version : This is Our Starting "Hard Hitting" Safety on Facebook...

raphael120
04-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Donte Whitner (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=503425715&ref=nf) Is thinking about deleting my facebook page :-( feedback please

Somethin about that just doesn't sit right with me... While I think it's cool a player is having that much fan interaction...it seems like he takes a lot of stupid fan comments way too much to heart.

Whats everyone think? Quite frankly I hope he deletes his Facebook account because it always seems like he's fishing for compliments and affirmation from fans anyways...dude needs to stop caring about what random people on Facebook think about him and just take care of his own business.

Nighthawk
04-24-2009, 10:08 AM
I agree on one side, but on the other hand it's nice to see one of the guys actually interact with the fans. Some of it seems goofy, though.

Commissioner
04-24-2009, 10:09 AM
He goes a little too far with this social networking stuff. He's got a twitter account also that he constantly updates.

He needs to focus on gettin better on the field instead of talking to everyone on the planet and taking to heart everything they say.

raphael120
04-24-2009, 10:11 AM
He goes a little too far with this social networking stuff. He's got a twitter account also that he constantly updates.

He needs to focus on gettin better on the field instead of talking to everyone on the planet and taking to heart everything they say.

Totally with you man. You'd think someone like that has more things to worry about than Douchey McGee's comments on Facebook.

Jeff1220
04-24-2009, 10:13 AM
It's the offseason. If he keeps updating his FB status and Tweets all the time once it's time to go back to work, then there's a problem.

streetkings01
04-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Sounds to me like he wants his ego stroked! I think he wants to hear people say....."Please Donte dont do that we love you".........ego needs to be stroked is my guess!

EricStratton
04-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Those 12 seconds needed to update the page are a killer?

Jeff1220
04-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Maybe he's been advised (by agent, management, or whatever) to ditch it, and is looking for a reason not too. Most likely he's looking for some ego stokage though.

The Spaz
04-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Do you guys know how many athletes have Facebook and Twitter accounts? An ass load of them . Also an FYI Terrell Owens is constantly tweeting. Donte can do whatever he wants on his own time but he better put up this season on the field.

TedMock
04-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Just out of curiosity - is it even really him? I have no idea which is why I'm asking. I have never been on Facebook, Twitter or Myspace in my entire life.

Jeff1220
04-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Just out of curiosity - is it even really him? I have no idea which is why I'm asking. I have never been on Facebook, Twitter or Myspace in my entire life.

Many athlete/celeb accounds are done by publicists. Whitner's is almost certainly done on his own.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2009, 10:57 AM
I tell my family and friends that if they ever get a Tweet, a Facebook or Myspace message (or whatever it's called) or even a text message from me, to pay no attention, because the aliens have landed and are inhabiting my mind.

don137
04-24-2009, 11:31 AM
I have a facebook page but would never bother Donte. However, if Donte goes out there and accepts these people as friends he needs to realize he will get criticism whether it is valid or not from some people. Its really too bad that he is trying to be kind and reach out to fans and be an everyday person yet some people just take advantage of his kindness and just want to criticize him. I guess that is why some athletes can not be bothered with the general public.

Personally, I respect athletes have the need for a personal life. When I see athletes out and about in everyday life I act like they are every day people. If they are at a football function (i.e. training camp I would ask for an autograph). Yesterday, I coached my son's little league team and John Kasey, kicker of the Panthers, was coaching the other team. We talked and joked around a fair amount since we were both coaching at first the whole game but I just treated him like an everyday person.

streetkings01
04-24-2009, 11:31 AM
I tell my family and friends that if they ever get a Tweet, a Facebook or Myspace message (or whatever it's called) or even a text message from me, to pay no attention, because the aliens have landed and are inhabiting my mind.Should we do the same for this post?:funny:

DMBcrew36
04-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Who cares, as long as he is working hard to improve and is performing on Sundays.

What's more annoying is that people keep posting his status on here.

The Juice Is Loose
04-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Somethin about that just doesn't sit right with me... While I think it's cool a player is having that much fan interaction...it seems like he takes a lot of stupid fan comments way too much to heart.

Whats everyone think? Quite frankly I hope he deletes his Facebook account because it always seems like he's fishing for compliments and affirmation from fans anyways...dude needs to stop caring about what random people on Facebook think about him and just take care of his own business.

I wish we would just trade him.

For a washing machine.

I can't stand him.

Mitchell55
04-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Why is it that Whitner is bashed for being on twitter but Owens who talks alot of smack on twitter never gets bashed.

OpIv37
04-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Who cares, as long as he is working hard to improve and is performing on Sundays.

What's more annoying is that people keep posting his status on here.

that's the problem- he's NOT performing on Sundays.

berndog5
04-24-2009, 04:54 PM
What is this Facebook you speak of?

DMBcrew36
04-24-2009, 06:20 PM

I knew I would get that response when I made the post.

DrGraves
04-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Whitner is a little ****ing girl. What a little pussy. No one would be afraid of him.

LtFinFan66
04-24-2009, 06:35 PM

Whats everyone think? Quite frankly I hope he deletes his Facebook account because it always seems like he's fishing for compliments and affirmation from fans anyways...dude needs to stop caring about what random people on Facebook think about him and just take care of his own business.who cares

bigbub2352
04-24-2009, 06:37 PM
he is a bust,

LtFinFan66
04-24-2009, 06:41 PM
cut him. we will take him in Miami

The Spaz
04-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Whitner is a little ****ing girl. What a little pussy. No one would be afraid of him.

You think he would be afraid of you? God people act tough on the internet.

Mitchell55
04-24-2009, 07:09 PM

Tell me, how many TDs and yds did TEs have when Whitner played. Now how many when he was out.

(Included is the 1st pats game since he was no where near 100%)

329 yds, 2 tds, 30 rec in 11 games

Out

15 rec, 167 yds, 1 TD in 4 games

In the 4 games that he was out the other team had half as many TDs, Yds, and catches than when he played

Multiply the games he was out stats by 2.75. 41 receptions, 459 yds, and 3 TDs.

Now rushing

1460 yds, 14 TDs in 11 games with whitner. Longest run, 71 yds, by a WR. Longest run by RB, 42 yds.

645 yds, 5 tds, in 4 games without Whitner. Longest run, 72 yds. Longest runs per game, 72, 63, 23, 12.

Multipy by 2.75 to give 11 games with whitner out. 1773 yds, 14 tds

OpIv37
04-24-2009, 07:09 PM

well, no one on the field would be afraid of him.

But if you're already 8 yards past the goal line, LOOK OUT! That's where he really lays the lumber!

OpIv37
04-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Tell me, how many TDs and yds did TEs have when Whitner played. Now how many when he was out.

(Included is the 1st pats game since he was no where near 100%)

329 yds, 2 tds, 30 rec in 11 games

Out

15 rec, 167 yds, 1 TD in 4 games

In the 4 games that he was out the other team had half as many TDs, Yds, and catches than when he played

Multiply the games he was out stats by 2.75. 41 receptions, 459 yds, and 3 TDs.

Now rushing

1460 yds, 14 TDs in 11 games with whitner. Longest run, 71 yds, by a WR. Longest run by RB, 42 yds.

645 yds, 5 tds, in 4 games without Whitner. Longest run, 72 yds. Longest runs per game, 72, 63, 23, 12.

Multipy by 2.75 to give 11 games with whitner out. 1773 yds, 14 tds

Funny how you didn't bring up Whitner's big hits, interceptions, and passes defensed to make your argument.

When you did your little TE write up, did you account for the quality of the TE's we were playing? or the quality of the offenses we were playing in general? What about the other 10 guys on the D and any other potential injuries?

Didn't think so. You're not comparing apples to apples.

And hell, when it comes to rushing, your ridiculous numbers didn't even serve your purpose. Yards don't go on the scoreboard, and the TD's were even in your calculation.

Mitchell55
04-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Funny how you didn't bring up Whitner's big hits, interceptions, and passes defensed to make your argument.

When you did your little TE write up, did you account for the quality of the TE's we were playing? or the quality of the offenses we were playing in general? What about the other 10 guys on the D and any other potential injuries?

Didn't think so. You're not comparing apples to apples.

And hell, when it comes to rushing, your ridiculous numbers didn't even serve your purpose. Yards don't go on the scoreboard, and the TD's were even in your calculation.

Gates, Fasano, Watson, Kellar, Sheffler, Carlson, all with whitner

Yds are the most meaning full thing with Safteys. LBs control the TDs more than the safteys do. On the GL, when the RB rushes the ball 3 yds the player who is expected and most of the time makes the stop is the LB. Its there responsablity. The Safteys job is to cover the TE, and stop the RB at the second level. As shown, when whitner plays the RB doesnt get as far as when Whitner doesnt play. You are being to desperate to find a way to bash one of our players.

Mitchell55
04-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Big hits? He had a nice hit forcing a forced fumble last year, thats about it. But how in the hell are you getting mad at a player for how hard he hits someone. At least he makes the tackle. INTs? He played in the box most of the year and now hes at FS so he can make more plays. PDs account for the same reason.

OpIv37
04-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Gates, Fasano, Watson, Kellar, Sheffler, Carlson, all with whitner

Yds are the most meaning full thing with Safteys. LBs control the TDs more than the safteys do. On the GL, when the RB rushes the ball 3 yds the player who is expected and most of the time makes the stop is the LB. Its there responsablity. The Safteys job is to cover the TE, and stop the RB at the second level. As shown, when whitner plays the RB doesnt get as far as when Whitner doesnt play. You are being to desperate to find a way to bash one of our players.

Safeties play BEHIND LB's. How can you say LB's control TD's more than S's do? There's a slight problem with the physics of that statement.

And you still didn't account for the other players who were or weren't playing in that game or the strength of the running games we faced.

I am bashing one of our players for being mediocre. You are defending his mediocrity and inventing numbers and excuses to defend him. The team is more important than the individual player, and when a team member isn't pulling his weight, bashes are well-warranted. Bottom line- I want this team to win and I will bash any player who isn't helping that cause.