This is Our Starting "Hard Hitting" Safety on Facebook...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

This is Our Starting "Hard Hitting" Safety on Facebook...

Donte Whitner Is thinking about deleting my facebook page :-( feedback please
    Somethin about that just doesn't sit right with me... While I think it's cool a player is having that much fan interaction...it seems like he takes a lot of stupid fan comments way too much to heart.

Whats everyone think? Quite frankly I hope he deletes his Facebook account because it always seems like he's fishing for compliments and affirmation from fans anyways...dude needs to stop caring about what random people on Facebook think about him and just take care of his own business.
    Last edited by raphael120; 04-24-2009, 10:06 AM.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: This is Our Starting "Hard Hitting" Safety on Facebook...

I agree on one side, but on the other hand it's nice to see one of the guys actually interact with the fans. Some of it seems goofy, though.

Comment

• Commissioner
      • Dec 2004

He goes a little too far with this social networking stuff. He's got a twitter account also that he constantly updates.

He needs to focus on gettin better on the field instead of talking to everyone on the planet and taking to heart everything they say.
      Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Commissioner
        He goes a little too far with this social networking stuff. He's got a twitter account also that he constantly updates.

He needs to focus on gettin better on the field instead of talking to everyone on the planet and taking to heart everything they say.
        Totally with you man. You'd think someone like that has more things to worry about than Douchey McGee's comments on Facebook.

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

It's the offseason. If he keeps updating his FB status and Tweets all the time once it's time to go back to work, then there's a problem.

Comment

• streetkings01
            • Jul 2006

Sounds to me like he wants his ego stroked! I think he wants to hear people say....."Please Donte dont do that we love you".........ego needs to be stroked is my guess!
            You can call me streetkings

Comment

• EricStratton
              • Jul 2002

Those 12 seconds needed to update the page are a killer?

Comment

• Jeff1220
                • Jul 2002

Maybe he's been advised (by agent, management, or whatever) to ditch it, and is looking for a reason not too. Most likely he's looking for some ego stokage though.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Do you guys know how many athletes have Facebook and Twitter accounts? An ass load of them . Also an FYI Terrell Owens is constantly tweeting. Donte can do whatever he wants on his own time but he better put up this season on the field.

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

Just out of curiosity - is it even really him? I have no idea which is why I'm asking. I have never been on Facebook, Twitter or Myspace in my entire life.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                      Just out of curiosity - is it even really him? I have no idea which is why I'm asking. I have never been on Facebook, Twitter or Myspace in my entire life.
                      Many athlete/celeb accounds are done by publicists. Whitner's is almost certainly done on his own.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
                        I tell my family and friends that if they ever get a Tweet, a Facebook or Myspace message (or whatever it's called) or even a text message from me, to pay no attention, because the aliens have landed and are inhabiting my mind.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

I have a facebook page but would never bother Donte. However, if Donte goes out there and accepts these people as friends he needs to realize he will get criticism whether it is valid or not from some people. Its really too bad that he is trying to be kind and reach out to fans and be an everyday person yet some people just take advantage of his kindness and just want to criticize him. I guess that is why some athletes can not be bothered with the general public.

Personally, I respect athletes have the need for a personal life. When I see athletes out and about in everyday life I act like they are every day people. If they are at a football function (i.e. training camp I would ask for an autograph). Yesterday, I coached my son's little league team and John Kasey, kicker of the Panthers, was coaching the other team. We talked and joked around a fair amount since we were both coaching at first the whole game but I just treated him like an everyday person.

Comment

• streetkings01
                            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I tell my family and friends that if they ever get a Tweet, a Facebook or Myspace message (or whatever it's called) or even a text message from me, to pay no attention, because the aliens have landed and are inhabiting my mind.
                            Should we do the same for this post?
                            You can call me streetkings

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                              • Feb 2005

Who cares, as long as he is working hard to improve and is performing on Sundays.

What's more annoying is that people keep posting his status on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍