PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the Donte Whitner Faceboook love fest?

jamze132
04-24-2009, 10:17 AM
It seems like everytime I check in at the zone, I see some ******ed ass thread about some sorry ass football player's Facebook page. WTF is that about?

It's borderline obsessive!

raphael120
04-24-2009, 10:23 AM
This is the first time I've said something about it, but last week he was complainin about people un-friending him, now it's this. I'm just seeing some very high school girl actions from our starting safety on our football team... Dude needs to man up and grow up.

madness
04-24-2009, 10:25 AM
This is the first time I've said something about it, but last week he was complainin about people un-friending him, now it's this. I'm just seeing some very high school girl actions from our starting safety on our football team... Dude needs to man up and grow up.

That certainly does describe Facebook.

The Spaz
04-24-2009, 10:44 AM
I had a facebook account and deleted it because it's ****ing ******ed.

Jeff1220
04-24-2009, 10:52 AM
I like FB. I am now communicating with a lot of old friends on a regular basis thanks to it. Plus, it is a one-stop-shop for communication - one place for email, IM, posting, etc. - to me, that's a good thing.

FlyingDutchman
04-24-2009, 10:53 AM
I have facebook. I can keep in touch with college buddies and all sorts of friends from the past. I like it for that reason. Im not one of those idiots "updating my status" on a constant basis like Donte. Ive noticed what Donte has said and the more he does it, the more i realize he is generally concerned with his appearance and what people think about him. With fans being able to get a message to a pro athlete so easily, facebook is a cancer for people like donte. Hes involving himself in crap he shouldnt be concerned with. He should be worrying about football and not what some dip ***** says on a social networking site. And its obvious he cares, bc he responds to idiots....

Stewie
04-24-2009, 10:54 AM
facebook serves its purpose, but making your statements on facebook when you're an NFL safety is bad, mmmkay? he should save it for the football field. Or nights out with the police.

feldspar
04-24-2009, 11:44 AM
I was particulary deeply enthralled when I heard about his one post there: it said something like "two first round picks. YEAH." That may be only five words, but they are an incredibly potent five words. I've been unable to think about anything else ever since.