X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Sleeper DE/OLB prospect

There are lots of sleeper picks that only the NFL scouts are aware of along with fans of the college team for which they play. One that I found interesting that a Bills fan alerted me too, plays at Michigan State.

Brandon Long who is a DE/OLB prospect opened some eyes at the Spartans pro day where at 6′3″ and 254 pounds he ran a 4.61 40-time, had a 37 1/2 inch vertical and pumped out 32 reps on the bench. He also demonstrated explosiveness with a respectable 10-yard dash time of 1.64.

His problem is he was a rotational player at Michigan State and doesn’t have a lot of tape. At best some scouts see him as a 6th round pick, but if someone gets enamored with is measurables he could go higher. These kinds of players are always a risk, because they’ve got the physical skills, but may not have the instincts or playing ability to go with it.

I think in Buffalo’s scheme he’d be a strong side linebacker.

• seanbillsfan
    • May 2007

Re: Sleeper DE/OLB prospect

Originally posted by The Spaz
    There are lots of sleeper picks that only the NFL scouts are aware of along with fans of the college team for which they play. One that I found interesting that a Bills fan alerted me too, plays at Michigan State.

Brandon Long who is a DE/OLB prospect opened some eyes at the Spartans pro day where at 6′3″ and 254 pounds he ran a 4.61 40-time, had a 37 1/2 inch vertical and pumped out 32 reps on the bench. He also demonstrated explosiveness with a respectable 10-yard dash time of 1.64.

His problem is he was a rotational player at Michigan State and doesn’t have a lot of tape. At best some scouts see him as a 6th round pick, but if someone gets enamored with is measurables he could go higher. These kinds of players are always a risk, because they’ve got the physical skills, but may not have the instincts or playing ability to go with it.

I think in Buffalo’s scheme he’d be a strong side linebacker.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/0...eolb-prospect/
    Ive never heard of him but he sounds like he's worth taking a look at

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Re: Sleeper DE/OLB prospect

Sounds good. I've seen several mocks done by Bills fans that have the Bills taking Henry Melton of Texas late. He'd be a DE a fifth or sixth round pick He's 6'4" 269 and ran a 4.64 40 at his pro day. I'm guessing that like Long he didn't get on the field much competing against the likes of Brian Orakpo.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
      X