PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper DE/OLB prospect

The Spaz
04-24-2009, 10:52 AM
There are lots of sleeper picks that only the NFL scouts are aware of along with fans of the college team for which they play. One that I found interesting that a Bills fan alerted me too, plays at Michigan State.

Brandon Long who is a DE/OLB prospect opened some eyes at the Spartans pro day where at 6′3″ and 254 pounds he ran a 4.61 40-time, had a 37 1/2 inch vertical and pumped out 32 reps on the bench. He also demonstrated explosiveness with a respectable 10-yard dash time of 1.64.

His problem is he was a rotational player at Michigan State and doesn’t have a lot of tape. At best some scouts see him as a 6th round pick, but if someone gets enamored with is measurables he could go higher. These kinds of players are always a risk, because they’ve got the physical skills, but may not have the instincts or playing ability to go with it.

I think in Buffalo’s scheme he’d be a strong side linebacker.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/24/sleeper-deolb-prospect/

seanbillsfan
04-24-2009, 11:54 AM
There are lots of sleeper picks that only the NFL scouts are aware of along with fans of the college team for which they play. One that I found interesting that a Bills fan alerted me too, plays at Michigan State.

Brandon Long who is a DE/OLB prospect opened some eyes at the Spartans pro day where at 6′3″ and 254 pounds he ran a 4.61 40-time, had a 37 1/2 inch vertical and pumped out 32 reps on the bench. He also demonstrated explosiveness with a respectable 10-yard dash time of 1.64.

His problem is he was a rotational player at Michigan State and doesn’t have a lot of tape. At best some scouts see him as a 6th round pick, but if someone gets enamored with is measurables he could go higher. These kinds of players are always a risk, because they’ve got the physical skills, but may not have the instincts or playing ability to go with it.

I think in Buffalo’s scheme he’d be a strong side linebacker.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/24/sleeper-deolb-prospect/
Ive never heard of him but he sounds like he's worth taking a look at

TigerJ
04-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Sounds good. I've seen several mocks done by Bills fans that have the Bills taking Henry Melton of Texas late. He'd be a DE a fifth or sixth round pick He's 6'4" 269 and ran a 4.64 40 at his pro day. I'm guessing that like Long he didn't get on the field much competing against the likes of Brian Orakpo.