PDA

View Full Version : How many will lose their minds if...

HHURRICANE
04-24-2009, 04:49 PM
How many will lose their minds if Orakpo and Oher are both avaiable at #11 and we take Oher?

mikemac2001
04-24-2009, 04:51 PM
How many will lose their minds if Orakpo and Oher are both avaiable at #11 and we take Oher?

whats the point of this?

To agrue about something

scartown
04-24-2009, 04:53 PM

:D

HHURRICANE
04-24-2009, 04:54 PM
whats the point of this?

To agrue about something

No. It's a real dilemma.

Just curious. If Orakpo is there at #11 how could you not take him? You wouldn't take Oher if Peters was on the roster.

alohabillsfan
04-24-2009, 04:58 PM
jumping off bridge...

mikemac2001
04-24-2009, 05:00 PM
No. It's a real dilemma.

Just curious. If Orakpo is there at #11 how could you not take him? You wouldn't take Oher if Peters was on the roster.

Ok the peters situation made me mad

Would i rather have peters on the roster.....yes

but the way he played and the effort he gave to be in shape and to be a team player made the trade ok in my book

When peters is on he is top 5

but he has not shown he is on every play

But to be honest HH

i dont want a OT with the 11th pick i want a DL or Curry other then that i wont be happy

but in my mind that has nothing to do with peters

which is the whole reason for your post to try to justify why the peters move was bad

i like alot of your post but lately its been horriable to read any post from you just lay off until the draft starts then we can all agrue the picks and be upset like you

SquishDaFish
04-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Id be pissed

Devin
04-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Because none of us are scouts, we do nothing more then speculate or worse yet like to think we know more then we truly do.

Oher is going to be a very solid OT imo, I would not be upset with either. Every year this happens, players get hyped up and when they fall for reasons only people in the know know, fans here are having a stroke.

Kenny
04-24-2009, 05:06 PM
I wouldnt be upset at all.

@ 11, there are only 2 positions I want filled: OT or DE.
Problem with DE is that Im not too keen on any one player, and with the exception of Andre Smith (yes... Andre not Jason), Im not too keen on any of the OT's either.
So @ 11, I'd be happy with any of the prospects.

But I'd be screaming bloody murder if we went TE, LB, or DB.

mayotm
04-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Both are needs. I wouldn't lose my mind.

T-Long
04-24-2009, 05:12 PM
I would be pissed. Orakpo is the better player and fits a need as well. We are going to move Walker to LT anyways, so a late 1st round tackle would fit the Bill. (no pun intended)

zone
04-24-2009, 05:31 PM
I would have to check myself into a mental institution.

don137
04-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Both are needs but DE is harder to fill than OT. If they went with best player available that would not happen.

zone
04-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Walker can and will play LT, Denney and Kelsay can not play DE.

Orakpo is an absolute animal. He would instantly change the attitude of this defense, and make the biggest impact day 1.

Yasgur's Farm
04-24-2009, 05:54 PM
HH... Sorry to say... But you add nothing of value to Bills fans. It's sad to say that you've become a "locker room cancer".

I'm good with either Orakpo or Oher or any of the others listed in my siggy.

Nighthawk
04-24-2009, 05:59 PM
I'd lose my mind if we pick Connor Barwin...this guy has bust written all over him!

DrGraves
04-24-2009, 06:02 PM
i would be piss. oher is the best of the SECOND group of tackles. we should draft him late in the round at the absolute earliest. we could get someone as good at 48 too.

Orapko is one of the best players in the draft.

Canadian'eh!
04-24-2009, 07:32 PM
I'd actually be quite happy... I'm not a huge fan of Orakpo.

I'd rather get Oher (my #2 rated OT) and then hope for one of Brown/Ayers /Maybin to be there at 28, or look for Larry English at 28 as well.

Mitchell55
04-24-2009, 07:35 PM
It depends on how many bills fans are still around.

Michael82
04-24-2009, 08:08 PM
I would be upset if we took an OT at #11, but if we still managed to get Brown at #28 or even Ayers. Then I'd be fine. :up:

kid mickey
04-24-2009, 08:15 PM
I am going to say even if Orakpo was still on the board I like Oher over him. If Orakpo is still around that means there are a whole lot more DE's that are gonna be around as well later. I'd take my chances with Oher and hope that a guy like Everette Brown is around at 28.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-24-2009, 10:49 PM
If Orakpo is there, you take him... He is the BEST DE coming out this year

Tatonka
04-24-2009, 11:59 PM
i dont really like orakpo at all to be honest.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-25-2009, 12:01 AM
i dont really like orakpo at all to be honest.
What is it you dont like? Im just being curious... not a dick

HHURRICANE
04-25-2009, 12:02 AM
HH... Sorry to say... But you add nothing of value to Bills fans. It's sad to say that you've become a "locker room cancer".

I'm good with either Orakpo or Oher or any of the others listed in my siggy.

If a cancer is not blindly following the cattle to the slaughter than I'm a stage 5.

Now you are mad because I posted a legit question?

If Orakpo was at #11 with Peters on our roster that would be our pick. Period.

With Peters gone the Bills might take an OT instead. That wouldn't upset you? Explain instead of criticize.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-25-2009, 12:04 AM
If a cancer is not blindly following the cattle to the slaughter than I'm a stage 5.

With Peters gone the Bills might take an OT instead. That wouldn't upset you? Explain instead of criticize.
I think Orapko is still our pick, if he's available

HHURRICANE
04-25-2009, 12:07 AM
I think Orapko is still our pick, if he's available

I agree. i think the front office can't risk not taking him.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-25-2009, 12:08 AM
I agree. i think the front office can't risk not taking him.
I hate when people make the arguement that he shouldnt be our pick because he played for Texas... Thats just bull... The guy is a straight up beast

BuffaloRanger
04-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Anything is possible, but seeing Brown, Ayers, and Maybin there at #28 is being very optimistic.

Yasgur's Farm
04-25-2009, 05:39 AM

With Peters gone the Bills might take an OT instead. That wouldn't upset you? Explain instead of criticize.It's all about that pesky quality vs need ratio... I'm always happy with BPA that falls within our range of need. Bth Orakpo and Oher offer high ratio and make this team better. See my siggy.

tampabay25690
04-25-2009, 05:45 AM
Wouldnt be upset at all, both COULD be good Nfl players...

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 05:46 AM
I think the difference between Orakpo and Brown is paper thin. The stats are similar, Orakpo is slightly bigger but Brown has started at LE.

Oher didn't achieve as much as expected at Ole Miss. Most GMs grade him currently a lot lower than the other 3 at the moment. I think we can get a guy on the OL at #28 or #42 who can start from Day1 and if they can play both LT and LG like Cadogan then that would be extremely interesting considering the anticipated development of Bell.

It would also allow us to address the 3rd of our crucial needs: WLB

mayotm
04-25-2009, 06:49 AM

With Peters gone the Bills might take an OT instead. That wouldn't upset you? Explain instead of criticize.People are mad because you started another thread where you can ***** about the Peters trade some more. Although, a little more subtle this time. Very clever. How do you feel about the Peters trade? Your thousand posts on the topic weren't enough.

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 07:32 AM
I'd take Oher.

Not wanting to criticise Everette Brown, but I can see combinations where he might fall to us through no fault of his own, but due to the needs of other teams

1. Stafford
2. J Smith
3. Curry
4. Monroe
5. Orakpo
6. A Smith
7. Maclin
8. Crabtree
9. Raji
10. Sanchez
11. Oher
12. Jackson
13. Maybin
14. Jenkins
15. Matthews
16. Maunulaga
17. Wells
18. Cushing
19. Freeman
20. Beatty
21. Pettigrew
22. Britton
23. Butler
24. Perry
25. Davis
26. Britt
27. Heyward-Bey
28. Brown

I would however be furious if we took Ayers over Brown and I am very concerned about addressing the WLB position

Jan Reimers
04-25-2009, 07:43 AM
I've obviously already lost my mind. I'm a Bills' fan.

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 07:46 AM
People are mad because you started another thread where you can ***** about the Peters trade some more. Although, a little more subtle this time. Very clever. How do you feel about the Peters trade? Your thousand posts on the topic weren't enough.

I'd take a high character, hard working Oher and Everette Brown, over greedy lazy sleazebag Peters any day of the week ending in a 'y'

Dujek
04-25-2009, 07:54 AM
I'd prefer Orakpo, but I wouldn't be pissed if we took Oher. Both are decent value at 11.

I'd be more pissed if we took Pettigrew anywhere before 28.

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 08:00 AM
If we have a choice of Everette Brown or Pettigrew at #28 having taken Oher at #11, then that will divide a lot of people.

Tatonka
04-25-2009, 08:29 AM
What is it you dont like? Im just being curious... not a dick

i think that it is not so much a product of him as much as it is that there are at least 4-5 guys that have the potential to be as good if not better than him.

Brown
Maybin
Johnson
Ayers
Barwin

i dont see orakpo as that much better than those guys.. and i think that one of those guys if not more can be had at 28 or 41.

there is just no value in taking orakpo. he just isnt that much better. brown is actually a better pure pass rusher.. johnson and barwin have measurables to be better than all of them and both put up strong performances last year.. this on top of the fact that orakpo may also not be a good fit for a 4-3 DE.. i dont know.. i just dont see it.

Midwesternbillsfan
04-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Hhurricane apparently isn't cognizant of this increasing fact, but Brian Orakpo on April 25th doesn't hold the same league-wide perception as Orakpo of a few months ago in which he was considered a lock to either the Chiefs at 3 OR more like the Browns at 5. Why? Too many shades of Vernon Gholston, who was equally as collegiately productive as Orakpo (played one less year; came out as a junior) and whom many say Orakpo's work ethic rivals. Many believe you have to distinguish between Orakpo's workout ethic, which is great, and his work ethic, which is questionable and inconsistent. And it's his work ethic on the football field which runs "hot or cold" and which involves him seemingly taking plays off. And those aren't flattering attributes, no matter how good someone like Orakpo is (and Gholston could be) if they were always "on." What did Gholston do last year as a rookie? He was absolutely ineffectual and he certainly didn't endear himself to the Jets' coaching staff for many of the same poor traits that many fear and insist describe Orakpo.

I absolutely expect the Bills to pass on Orakpo, and I've been led to believe that they will. Don't act so shocked when it happens and don't believe that Orakpo is anymore any type of consensus top-5 (or even top-10) pick. The earliest I now see Orakpo going is 12th to the Broncos, actually.

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 09:08 AM
I would say #13 to the Redskins.

Jackson could go to Cleveland with them keeping Rogers at NT. If Raji goes to the Pack, and A Smith goes to the 49ers, I think the Broncos would prefer Maybin as I think they see him as a clear 3-4 guy.

I think #4 is the wildcard as I can Seattle going QB, WR, or OT though I think they like Locklear as a replacement for Walter Jones. If Cincinnati take Monroe, then it will be very interesting.