PDA

View Full Version : Bills might trade up for Andre Smith??

patmoran2006
04-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Sorry if this has been posted.. I been golfing all day and have had more than a few cold ones. but WTF?

From PFT
Bills Exploring A Trade To Land Andre Smith (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/24/bills-exploring-a-trade-to-land-andre-smith/)

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 24, 2009, 12:37 p.m.
In the wake of trading Pro Bowl left offensive tackle Jason Peters to the Philadelphia Eagles, the Buffalo Bills are contemplating moving up from the No. 11 spot (http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=859335&nid=3681022&fhn=1) to try to acquire Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith, according to Adam Caplan of Scout.com.
To do so, the Bills would likely need to work a deal to leapfrog the Cincinnati Bengals. The Bengals are reportedly very interested in the Outland Trophy award winner, too.
Smith, who has drawn heavy criticism for the way he has mishandled the draft process, remains a strong prospect based on his size, body of work against top competition and his potential upside if he matures.
There’s also a fair amount of risk involved with Smith, too, given his weight issues and questionable litany of decisions.
Smith drew increased scrutiny when he abruptly left the NFL Scouting Combine early without informing league and combine officials.
“I’m convinced and I think that most of the NFL is convinced that what we saw from Andre Smith at the combine was more about immaturity than about him being a bad kid,” NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said during a conference call. “And he needs to grow up a little bit and take things a little bit more seriously and stay in shape.”

Canadian'eh!
04-24-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm sure it has been posted. And there is NO WAY it's true.

I do not for 1 second believe that the Bills will take a chance on Smith's character after this offseason of black eyes.

Nighthawk
04-24-2009, 05:46 PM
It has been posted and seriously, do you really need to ask if this could happen? Come on Pat...I know you've been drinking, but did it kill all of your brain cells? Why would they move up to pay more for an unproven LT then what they were willing to pay Peters???

The Spaz
04-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Was posted yesterday.

DMBcrew36
04-24-2009, 06:18 PM
If the Bills did this, I would lose ALL faith in the organization.