PDA

View Full Version : Try being a fan. Its fun.

BillsOwnAll
04-24-2009, 08:11 PM
There are so many haters on this board who just continue to hate and hate even in the month of april. The bills bills never be good, you guy think no matter what.

Im not saying the bills are going to be good this year. But whats fun about being a fan if you dont bielvie that? PLease tell me how you enjoy rooting for a team you "KNOW" is gonna suck.

Canadian'eh!
04-24-2009, 08:15 PM
you know what else is fun? WINNING.

Which is why it's not often fun to be a Bills fan for the last few years.

DMBcrew36
04-24-2009, 08:16 PM
There are so many haters on this board who just continue to hate and hate even in the month of april. The bills bills never be good, you guy think no matter what.

Im not saying the bills are going to be good this year. But whats fun about being a fan if you dont bielvie that? PLease tell me how you enjoy rooting for a team you "KNOW" is gonna suck.

I am not a hater, I just see things as they are. I don't 'drink the kool-aid.' I root for the team, I cheer for the team - I am a fan. I hope I'm wrong - but the lack of substantial additions to a team that was quite weak last year (even though they had the benefit of a weak schedule) makes it quite clear that we're in for another losing season. I am normally extremely optimistic but I don't see any reason to be this offseason. The team has done nothing to warrant it. The Bills have been so terrible and shown such little accountability for their low product quality that they're lucky I still give a damn.

sdbillsfan2
04-24-2009, 08:16 PM

And the point of your post was ? Even this topic has been beat to death ...
sorry!

billsfanone
04-24-2009, 08:40 PM
I am not a hater, I just see things as they are. I don't 'drink the kool-aid.' I root for the team, I cheer for the team - I am a fan. I hope I'm wrong - but the lack of substantial additions to a team that was quite weak last year (even though they had the benefit of a weak schedule) makes it quite clear that we're in for another losing season. I am normally extremely optimistic but I don't see any reason to be this offseason. The team has done nothing to warrant it. The Bills have been so terrible and shown such little accountability for their low product quality that they're lucky I still give a damn.

same here

justasportsfan
04-25-2009, 02:04 AM
the only haters I see are the bills FO. They hate the fans so much they keep putting a crappy team on the field.

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 02:48 AM
I think its hard to criticise the front office for a lack of quality signings.

First of all, there has to be quality to sign. Take Jason Brown. He has one season starting at Center and then wants an enormous salary. It makes no sense. Signing Hangartner and Owens was as good as it could be. Teams make it almost impossible to sign the best players, by either franchising them or offering ridiculous amounts of money. We did that with Dockery and look a the outcome.

However if they mess up the draft then that's another story.

I want a boring draft. A draft of solid picks who may not be exciting the pundits but who will come in, work hard and be desperate to start from Day1, not just assume they will be handed the position on a plate simply because they got drafted high.

DynaPaul
04-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Part of being a fan is criticizing your team when they make bad moves. We do that because we care about our team. If you just want to root for the team no matter what you are simply an automaton.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Part of the fun is also being a little optimistic when you can be. It's the offseason, we're 0-0 like everyone else, we've signed TO, we have 9 draft picks, including 2 first rounders, and a number of 2nd and 3rd year players who have a chance to develop.

If you always want to look on the dark side, I understand. We've missed the playoffs 9 consecutive seasons, and there are plenty of things to be negative about.

But as a fan, at least at this time of year, I like to find things to be optimistic and hopeful about.

raphael120
04-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh what's the phrase...isn't it "This thread is a douche."? Yeah....thats th eone.

OpIv37
04-25-2009, 12:20 PM

Some of you STILL don't get it.

One more time: there is a difference between HOPE and EXPECTATIONS.

A handful of posters on here have identified themselves as fans of other teams. EVERY OTHER POSTER on this board, regardless if they are generally optimistic or pessimistic about the team, HOPES the Bills will do well.

However, some of us are more realistic than others. We all witnessed what happened last year and I think we can all agree that improvements are needed. Some of us are willing to look at the improvements we've made- or lack thereof- and set their expectations accordingly. Based on the areas where the team struggled last year and the lack of clear upgrades in those areas, plus some new holes that have opened up, some of us don't have high expectations.

It doesn't mean that we don't hope the Bills do well. Hope is a concept that is rooted in what a person wants, and there doesn't have to be any logic or reasoning. Expectations, however, need to have logic and reasoning backing them up to be considered reasonable. And that's why some of us do not think this team will do well.

And there has been very little to enjoy about this team lately. But pretending the team is better than it is just to get some enjoyment just sets you up for disappointment.

sdbillsfan2
04-25-2009, 12:39 PM
I think we have to get more specific about the term "hater" !

DO I hate the Bills ? No way.
Do I hate the way Bills management handles day to day operations?
Absolutely !!!!
Do I hate the players who play with Bill's pride and dedication each and every week? NO!
Do I hate losing year after year ? You bet your ass I do!

So If you want to label me a hater , maybe your right. But do me a favor...at least ask yourself why ?

ddaryl
04-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Try being a fan. Its fun

its hard ot have fun being a fan when the organization makes mistake after mistake after mistake, (firing Polian tops all), trades away picks ( Rob Johnson) and reaches on players that never pan out (McCargo, Flowers, Losman, McGahee), refuses to bring in top FA at positions of desperate need, hires coaches that really have no business being Head Coaches. (Mularkey, Williams, and Jauron)

you can wear rose colored glasses this year and few more, but at some point when you get a little older you're going to be frustrated with the constant losing and lack of any sort of team that actually competes in this league.

Have a nice day, maybe this year is the year things change, but until I see it happen I won't beleive it. Been doing this way too long to believe they are going to all of sudden get it right.

HHURRICANE
04-25-2009, 01:49 PM

Here we go agian. Does it make any sense that people "hate" the Bills if they were posting on a Bills message board or donating money to it?

The problem here is that you are a "hater" when you point out obvious mistakes that the FO has made and you don't choose to ignore them.

This is life not disneyland. I love the Bills, but losing Peters was a moronic move that has us scrambling to fill yet another hole. The FO and owner blow and that's a fact.

I hope the Bills do everyuthing to prove me wrong but they have a 7 win roster and they don't look any different this year.

BAM
04-25-2009, 01:51 PM
The funniest thing is you guys continue to reply to this crap.

HHURRICANE
04-25-2009, 01:57 PM
The funniest thing is you guys continue to reply to this crap.

I puked in my mouth after I read that because you are right. My time on this board may be coming to end and this is exactly why.

BAM
04-25-2009, 02:37 PM
I puked in my mouth after I read that because you are right. My time on this board may be coming to end and this is exactly why.

I disagree with about 80% of what you say but I feel like I've voiced my thoughts and opinions already and you guys know my standing. Don't leave... it's always good to have the other side of the fence to balance things out. Besides, you'd look like a coward if you did. :D

BAM
04-25-2009, 02:38 PM
And anyone that says you're not a real fan because you complain about moves, talent, etc. is a 'tard.

HHURRICANE
04-25-2009, 02:53 PM
I disagree with about 80% of what you say but I feel like I've voiced my thoughts and opinions already and you guys know my standing. Don't leave... it's always good to have the other side of the fence to balance things out. Besides, you'd look like a coward if you did. :D

Maybe I'll get my mojo back with this team but I'm pretty beaten down.

This team has made some insane moves like agreeing not to fanchise Clements and getting nothing for him which people totally glossed over. We could have received a first or second rounder for him. We got nothing.

But the Peters trade really has taken me over the edge. This guy can play and we blew this whole thing beginning 3 years ago. I actually saw this train wreck coming and maybe that's why I just don't have any faith in this team right now.

Than I have to read all of the brain washed posters regurgitate the FO's sentiments and I realize that they can really get away with almost anything.

I was around for the 70, 80s, and 1990s Bills and was at the wide right game.

Ralph Wilson was a sucky owner that got lucky with Polian. Polian was and still is a genius. And a great guy.

The "hope" thing is just not working.