PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it's not Smith that the Bills are interested in trading up for...

Michael82
04-24-2009, 08:51 PM
I just saw this and also noticed in a scout.com article that the Bills are interested in moving into the top 5. The only player to do that for would be OT Eugene Monroe or maybe LB Aaron Curry....

Monroe could be Bills' target...I'm not buying the recent report that the Bills may make an attempt to move up for Alabama OT Andre Smith. Smith is being viewed as a right tackle in the scouting community, but the Bills are looking for a left tackle to replace Jason Peters. I wrote back on 04/19 and 04/21 that the Bills could make an attempt to move up to the Jaguars pick at No. 8 for left tackle Michael Oher, but a league source told me he didn't think the Bills would be willing to pay Top 10 money for a prospect that could possibly be available at the Bills pick at No. 11. Virginia OT Eugene Monroe is a whole different story, there's no chance that Monroe will slip to the Bills pick at No. 11, but he could be available at the Browns pick No. 5, depending on what happens in the first four picks of the draft. Moving up for a left tackle like Monroe, and paying Top 5 money, would make much more sense, than moving up for Smith, who is viewed as a right tackle candidate.-Al Fronczak

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

chubluv
04-24-2009, 08:55 PM
What about Jason Smith? CP was talking about that as a possibility last night at bowling.

Michael82
04-24-2009, 09:01 PM
hmmm, that's another idea. Either Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe would make sense. But it would still piss me off, because it basically means that we traded Peters for nothing. And we wouldn't get the help to our pass rush! :mad:

kid mickey
04-24-2009, 09:06 PM
I don't think the Bills are interested in trading up. Why do that when you gotta pay that rookie as much money as Peters wanted and not be a proven commodity.

Akhippo
04-24-2009, 09:06 PM
If we traded up the FO is useless. Stay were you are and watch a talent fall out of the top ten.

T-Long
04-24-2009, 09:17 PM
I would hate to trade up. We need as many draft picks as possible

The Spaz
04-24-2009, 09:29 PM
I guarantee we are not trading up.:nerd:

DMBcrew36
04-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Trading up makes no sense.

If you pick a guy that high, you have to pay the unproven player an absurd amount of money (and the Bills hate paying people). If they wanted to pay all that money for an LT, they would've just paid Peters. At least then they wouldn't have to blow draft picks moving up, either.

And it's been said before on here - the Bills aren't that great at picking players. Also, we have a lot of holes to fill. So basically what I'm saying is, the more picks the better.

I'll be mad if they try to move up from the #11. On the other hand, if they want to try and move up from the 28th to a pick in the lower 20s, that's fine with me.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-24-2009, 10:50 PM
please get curry, please curry
Im going to pray ALOT tonight
Monroe or JS would be sweet to

X-Era
04-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I just saw this and also noticed in a scout.com article that the Bills are interested in moving into the top 5. The only player to do that for would be OT Eugene Monroe or maybe LB Aaron Curry....

[/color][/color][/font]

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html[/left]

I usually don't buy into the smokescreen scenario, but with both the Pats, and the Bills talking about moving up for the much maligned, Andre Smith, Im screaming smokescreen.

I think they both want a player that they covet to drop and that they are using Smith to try to shift the odds.

My guess is Curry or Orakpo. If Kiper and others are right about Jackson going to KC, Curry or Orakpo may fall to us.

Nighthawk
04-24-2009, 10:59 PM
The Bills are not moving up...forget about it.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-24-2009, 11:00 PM
The Bills are not moving up...forget about it.

No, they wouldnt... which may be a good thing

Nighthawk
04-24-2009, 11:03 PM
No, they wouldnt... which may be a good thing

There is no need to move up. Sit back, let the draft come to you and hit on your picks...don't reach...and this franchise will be in good shape.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-24-2009, 11:05 PM
There is no need to move up. Sit back, let the draft come to you and hit on your picks...don't reach...and this franchise will be in good shape.
I say we go best available need pick... so basically just go with the best player to fill position of need, which I see being Orakpo... or Curry if he somehow fell