PDA

View Full Version : Stafford IS the Lion's pick...Orakpo will fall

jpdex12
04-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Tyson Jackson stock is rising...I think we see Orakpo fall to #11 for sure.

I'd call it now if I was betting on it. #11= Orakpo!

Commissioner
04-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Stafford: 6 yrs $78 million

Crazy... and he'll probably never do shizzle in Detroit.

cocamide
04-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Wow, that contract is ridiculous. Rookie contracts are out of hand.

kid mickey
04-24-2009, 10:19 PM
No to Texas players. Just say no. Texas players are a very bad idea. Just say no to Texas players.

cocamide
04-24-2009, 10:22 PM
No to Texas players. Just say no. Texas players are a very bad idea. Just say no to Texas players.

I'm kind of worried about that too. In all honesty, I haven't been keeping up too much with the details of all college prospects, but I have heard some stuff about Orakpo's knees. Is there any concern there, or were these old injuries that he's completely recovered from?

ServoBillieves
04-24-2009, 10:23 PM

Mmm.. Muh... M-M-Mike Williams!?!?!

kid mickey
04-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Well I guess they feel they can get an OT with pick 20 or 33. They are gonna be paying a boatload of money to a lot of unproven players. I think they are gonna suck again. Didn't really matter what they did with the pick. They are a terrible team.

LtFinFan66
04-24-2009, 10:27 PM
they can only improve

kid mickey
04-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Mike Williams, Derrick Dockery, Cedrick Benson, Michael Griffin. The list goes on. The only guys who have recently made it as Texas players are Derrick Johnson and Roy Willams. They aren't exactly dominating either. They are good, but not great. Just say no to Texas players. Brian Orakpo will be Vernon Gholston.

kid mickey
04-24-2009, 10:29 PM
they can only improve

Oh yeah, they can improve. This year they will be 1-15. Taking it one step at a time baby.

LtFinFan66
04-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Well the Fins improved 10 games in one season?

X-Era
04-24-2009, 10:33 PM
Tyson Jackson stock is rising...I think we see Orakpo fall to #11 for sure.

I'd call it now if I was betting on it. #11= Orakpo!

Hold on a bit... dont bet that Jackson goes top 10.

I really think hes going to be looked at as a space eater like McShay calls him. I think Curry goes to the Chiefs and Orakpo wont fall to 11.

losman2evans
04-24-2009, 10:52 PM
#11 Oher ( OT )
#28 Pettigrew (TE )
Alex Mack ( C ) the second round-

Those three would improve our protection of our Quarterback and help our running game.

Defense:

DE, DT, LB, S ( address these needs in free agency, later rounds, and next years draft )

X-Era
04-24-2009, 10:54 PM
#11 Oher ( OT )
#28 Pettigrew (TE )

Those three would improve our protection of our Quarterback and help our running game.

Defense:

DE, DT, LB, S ( address these needs in free agency, later rounds, and next years draft )

I like how you think in that the TE spot is being forgotten about as helping our OL. Pettigrew is a stud blocker and would make our transition to a rookie OT or a newbie easier IMO.

Nighthawk
04-24-2009, 10:58 PM
#11 Oher ( OT )
#28 Pettigrew (TE )

Defense:

That would do very little to improve this team this year. No thanks.

losman2evans
04-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Rookies are not going to help our team out much anyways. Even Mario Williams didn't improve Houston the first year.

Very rarely will a rookie help a team signficantly. Adrian Peterson and Matt Ryan's
don't come along everyday.I believe in building in the trenches. I like
B.J. Raji and think he could be an immediate impact but he won't be around
Pettigrew may make an immediate impact.

Just differing opinions- I guess

Mitchell55
04-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Rookies are not going to help our team out much anyways. Even Mario Williams didn't improve Houston the first year.

Very rarely will a rookie help a team signficantly. Adrian Peterson and Matt Ryan's
don't come along everyday.I believe in building in the trenches. I like
B.J. Raji and think he could be an immediate impact but he won't be around
Pettigrew may make an immediate impact.

Just differing opinions- I guess

Only 1st year impacts that buffalo could/should get are. Orakpo, English, Pettigrew, Cook, Crabtree, and any top 4 tackle.

losman2evans
04-24-2009, 11:17 PM
I think Alex Mack is a need as well if available in the second round. Wehaven't had a great center since Hull.
May not impact our first year, but still would be a value pick in my opinion.

jamze132
04-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Lions ****ed up.

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 02:50 AM
Mike Williams, Derrick Dockery, Cedrick Benson, Michael Griffin. The list goes on. The only guys who have recently made it as Texas players are Derrick Johnson and Roy Willams. They aren't exactly dominating either. They are good, but not great. Just say no to Texas players. Brian Orakpo will be Vernon Gholston.

Wasn't Michael Huff a Longhorn too?

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 02:53 AM
Only 1st year impacts that buffalo could/should get are. Orakpo, English, Pettigrew, Cook, Crabtree, and any top 4 tackle.

Everette Brown is another. Look at his performances to Dwight Freeney's career at Syracuse.

Brown has more experience coming out a year earlier and overall has performed better with more starts, more solo tackles, and a sack performance that would have surpassed Freeney if he had gone back. His performances are actually better than Orakpo.

You can stand around with a tape measure and stop watch all you like. Just look at the production

tampabay25690
04-25-2009, 05:48 AM
Hold on a bit... dont bet that Jackson goes top 10.

I really think hes going to be looked at as a space eater like McShay calls him. I think Curry goes to the Chiefs and Orakpo wont fall to 11.

I bet Jackson goes in top 8 he is a very good player..