PDA

View Full Version : Brandon to Shake Things Up?

bills&sabresmvf
04-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Something inside of me thinks that Russ Brandon is going to screw up tomorrow's draft. I think his ego is going to get in the way and he's going to try to either make a trade or do something crazy to get media attention.

It was a need to get a wide receiver opposite of Evans, but it wasn't necessary to bring in a guy for just 1 year (Owens). That was done for attention and to sell tickets. The response was good, but not as well as he'd like. I still think he wants to make another splash and I think it might turn out to hurt the Bills. I hope not unless it's for the better, not to get attention...

BuffaloRanger
04-25-2009, 12:30 AM
While the Bills very well may screw up the draft it won't be because of Brandon't ego. It will be a team effort between Modrak, Guy, Brandon, and Wilson.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Brandon signs a HOF and now he has a ego?

Don't Panic
04-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Yeah... that's a bit presumptuous. Brandon may not be the best at what he does in the league, but I doubt his ego is that out of control. I'm guessing we stay put at #11 and #28 and take two of T, DE, OLB.

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Actually Terrell Owens is a one year need. It is clear that we cannot start Evans and Reed without a bigger WR and with Johnson still raw and the possibility that Hardy would still be recovering from injury, he filled a need.

People go on about selling tickets etc, but do the Front Office really think fans are so stupid? Who's going to buy a shirt with Owens name on it when they know its just a year?

Owens will help out Trent and Lee, and will set an example in game preparation for Steve and James.

I actually think it was a footballing move that a team like the Pats would make and I am more than happy to place my faith in Brandon. He cannot foul it up as much as so-called football man, Tom Donahoe did.

The Juice Is Loose
04-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Something inside of me thinks that Russ Brandon is going to screw up tomorrow's draft. I think his ego is going to get in the way and he's going to try to either make a trade or do something crazy to get media attention.

It was a need to get a wide receiver opposite of Evans, but it wasn't necessary to bring in a guy for just 1 year (Owens). That was done for attention and to sell tickets. The response was good, but not as well as he'd like. I still think he wants to make another splash and I think it might turn out to hurt the Bills. I hope not unless it's for the better, not to get attention...

Yeah, we needed a receiver. So he went out and got the WR with the most td's over the last 3 years. He got a 1 year deal so if it isn't a good fit, they can just let him go.

It wasn't "just to sell seats" it was to "score touchdowns".

If Owens fits, we can franchise him or extend him, no problem.

Dr. Pepper
04-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Brandon's ego? hahah ok, sure.