PDA

View Full Version : Roy is Better than Briere

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-25-2009, 12:17 PM
In many ways Briere and Roy are similar players. I think that Roy learned a lot from Briere and it shows in the way he plays. All of the things that people hate about Derek Roy (i.e. taking dives, lazy back checking, lazy shift changes, getting out-muscled in the corners, afraid to take a hit) were traits of Briere. Despite being similar players Briere was looked at as a hero and Roy is chastised by the fans.

It is not a surprise that Roy plays a lot like Briere. Briere became a superstar while he was with the Sabres. As a young player I'm sure Roy looked up to Briere in many ways. Why wouldn't he? Briere was a successful player despite being criticized for his size. Derek Roy was similar in size and was hoping to be as successful as Briere and therefore he modeled his game after him.

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2009/4/23/850796/roy-is-better-than-briere

Nighthawk
04-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Roy is not nearly the finisher that Briere is. Give Briere and inch and he'll put the puck in the net.

mchurchfie
04-26-2009, 12:27 PM
I'd take Briere over Roy anyday. Briere can finish better plus he was a playmaker of which he was highly underrated. He also has a much less selfish attitude, Roy needs to grow up some more.

SabreEleven
04-26-2009, 05:54 PM
So Roy is better at taking dives, lazy back checking, lazy shift changes, getting out-muscled in the corners, afraid to take a hit than Briere is?