PDA

View Full Version : What I would do today

historypete
04-25-2009, 12:39 PM
This may be unpopular but this is what I'm thinking. If Orakpo falls to #11 I look to trade out of the spot if someone is willing to deal. I know most here would jump on Orakpo, but I'm thinking that this draft is a heavy 2nd and 3rd round draft. What I mean is there doesn't seem a whole lot of difference between some of the 1st round talent to the 3rd round.

Now, consider the holes we have all over. I'm still not convinced at all that the current state of our Oline. I believe we need at the very least one LG and one LT. We, as everyone knows, also need a TE, OLB, Safety, and D line help. So the holes are numerous. I think if we could slide back to the 18-22 range that would still allow us to take one of the top DE's or LB. I know it is a gamble but I think it is worth it. The compensation to move back would be at least a 2nd and probably an added 4th if we slide into the early 20s.

My thinking is with the extra pick we go DE or LB, then offensive line or Pettigrew at 28, offensive line and TE/LB/DE with the 2nd round. A bit controversial I think around here, but it might help us in the long run fill the immediate needs this team has.

I also am aware that I'm placing a lot of faith in both management to not only have the balls to do this, but also select the right guys. I'm also throwing caution to the wind by expecting these early picks to be ready to start, but as far as I can tell we need to hope they can because the current starting roster, especially on the oline, is downright scary.

One final thought, for some reason Orakpo scares me. I don't know if it the Texas thing, a Mike Williams hangover, or the fact I see undersized speed rusher who needs to get better at the run and I think Eric Flowers.

Joe Fo Sho
04-25-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm not opposed to trading down, if the right deal is offered.

But, if Orakpo is on the board when we trade down, I'm going to need a new TV.

DrGraves
04-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Orakpo is a freak of nature. He is a ****ing beast. He will be terrorizing QBS for years and years...

we can't pass on this guy given the chance.

X-Era
04-25-2009, 01:10 PM

Agree. If Brown, Orakpo, Curry, and Oher are all gone, trade down.

If Maybin, and maybe Oher are there consider trading down.

If Orakpo, or Curry are there you stay and take whomever falls.

FlyingDutchman
04-25-2009, 01:18 PM
trading down is going to require a dance partner. Our only real hope at that IMO is if Sanchez is there

historypete
04-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Agree. If Brown, Orakpo, Curry, and Oher are all gone, trade down.

If Maybin, and maybe Oher are there consider trading down.

If Orakpo, or Curry are there you stay and take whomever falls.

If Curry is there then this is a whole different story. There is no way that guy is falling past Cleveland. If he does that will be the biggest draft surprise in a long long time.

Still not entirely sold on Orakpo, but if we take him I won't be disappointed. I'm just looking for something new and out of the box. The only ways I get heated today are if we draft a CB or S at 11 or trade up anywhere in the 1st round. Other then those two I think I can pretty much deal with anything.

FlyingDutchman
04-25-2009, 01:21 PM
im so scared about us taking Jenkins. i dont know what ill do if this happens

HHURRICANE
04-25-2009, 01:41 PM

Oh yeah, I'm with you on this one.

Orakpo/ Denney and Schobel /Ellis is at least an updgrade.

SABURZFAN
04-25-2009, 02:00 PM
i wouldn't mind them trading down or trading for a 2010 1st Rounder. scatter a 2nd and 3rd or 4th for this year and it not only looks good for this year but next year as well.