PDA

View Full Version : Get on everybody...it's the Everette Brown train!

Nighthawk
04-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Man I hoping they get this guy at #11...best pass rusher in the draft and I have a gut feeling this guy will be very good.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Only if Orakpo isnt there.

Nighthawk
04-25-2009, 01:54 PM

I think Brown will be a better player then Orakpo.

HHURRICANE
04-25-2009, 01:56 PM

I don't. He's a tweener and I hate tweeners.

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 01:56 PM

IMO he is better than Orakpo. All Orakpo has is a little size. Their stats are very similar. Orakpo has been known to occasionally coast in games but Brown doesn't know what that means, and goes flat out every single time. He also has starting experience at LE, so it would be alien for him to be on the field at the same time as Schobel.

Orakpo is over rated, but Brown because of his smaller size is being underrated.

Philagape
04-25-2009, 01:58 PM
toot toot

The Spaz
04-25-2009, 02:00 PM
I want Brown as well!!

ct bills fan
04-25-2009, 02:00 PM
As long as they don't bypass Raja for him

Buddo
04-25-2009, 02:02 PM
As long as they don't pick him 1st!

X-Era
04-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Man I hoping they get this guy at #11...best pass rusher in the draft and I have a gut feeling this guy will be very good.

Its very likely!

X-Era
04-25-2009, 02:03 PM
As long as they don't bypass Raja for him

Raji has Warren Sapp-esque ability... reminds me a ton of him.

SquishDaFish
04-25-2009, 02:03 PM
I agree I love the kid after hearing him on sirius. I want either of Brown, Orakpo, Raji or Curry

X-Era
04-25-2009, 02:04 PM

You hate Alex Brown and Jevon Kearse? How about Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Kiwi, etc...

Midwesternbillsfan
04-25-2009, 02:05 PM
I'll take my chances of being prophetic: unless Andre Smith or Aaron Curry miraculously are there (either of them) AND unless we receive a viable offer to trade down, Mike Mayock's favorite defensive player Robert Ayers will be the Bills' pick at 11. Bills' fans will decry the paucity of sacks- and he's not my favorite, either. However, I have been led to believe that Ayers would likely get the nod over Michael Oher at 11 and that the Bills aren't even considering Orakpo, Maybin, or Brown that high because of questions about the former's consistency, the middle's size and ability against the run, and the latter's stature. It could be posturing, though, like anything else this time of year.

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Ayers will be a horrific pick. Haven't we suffered enough with Kelsay? He was no production.

X-Era
04-25-2009, 02:09 PM
I'll take my chances of being prophetic: unless Andre Smith or Aaron Curry miraculously are there (either of them) AND unless we receive a viable offer to trade down, Mike Mayock's favorite defensive player Robert Ayers will be the Bills' pick at 11. Bills' fans will decry the paucity of sacks- and he's not my favorite, either. However, I have been led to believe that Ayers would likely get the nod over Michael Oher at 11 and that the Bills aren't even considering Orakpo, Maybin, or Brown that high because of questions about the former's consistency, the middle's size and ability against the run, and the latter's stature. It could be posturing, though, like anything else this time of year.

I respect you opinion but disagree.

Andre Smith is just too risky for me... maybe its still Mike Williams shell shock, but big goofy guys that are immature scare me at 11. Thats why I wouldnt draft myself.

Also, Ayers had that meteoric rise without the game days to back it up, IMO. That reminds me of Erik Flowers.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Orakpo. Great attitude, great strength, great speed, high motor, great stats. What else do you want? Not only that he is the 2nd best D-player in this draft.

zone
04-25-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't... Orakpo is the real deal.

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Orakpo. Great attitude, great strength, great speed, high motor, great stats. What else do you want? Not only that he is the 2nd best D-player in this draft.

inconsistent.

Midwesternbillsfan
04-25-2009, 02:18 PM
I respect you opinion but disagree.

Andre Smith is just too risky for me... maybe its still Mike Williams shell shock, but big goofy guys that are immature scare me at 11. Thats why I wouldnt draft myself.

Also, Ayers had that meteoric rise without the game days to back it up, IMO. That reminds me of Erik Flowers.

I didn't really offer my opinion about Andre Smith OR Ayers; the Bills will take Andre Smith if he's there and that's definitive.

About Ayers, I'd rather draft Oher- if available- so he's by far NOT my first choice. But it's not enough to say that Ayers is another Erik Flowers. Why? Ayers is third on Mike Mayock's "big board," and he's the highest-rated defensive player. He doesn't have gaudy sack totals- and that scares me that you're drafting him more on potential than other guys. But he has a solid size/speed combination, he's well-balanced and had a high # of TFL's the last two years (and he doesn't have to replace Kelsay on just 3rd downs), and he did show against some top tackles at the Senior Bowl that he has the strength and an array of pass-rushing moves to make quite a few of them look silly. Like I said, I'm not enamored w/the pick, either, but there is some stuff to like about it, especially if you give Mike Mayock's opinion a lot of credibility. And he's said that there will emerge no better defensive player in this entire Draft than Ayers. That Mike Mayock said that means something to me.

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't give Mayocks opinion much credibility.

And I cannot believe we'd draft one lazy lard arse immature OT to replace a lazy lard arse immature OT.

Surely the FO will have learnt from that error.

BillsFanInMass
04-25-2009, 02:22 PM
I want us to go all defensive line with the first 3 picks.

FlyingDutchman
04-25-2009, 02:22 PM
im all aboard the anti-maybin train

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 02:23 PM
inconsistent.

It gets fixed in the NFL also he only had 3 games where he didnt have a sack or over 2 tackles. Everette had 7 games without a sack. Orakpo only had 4 games without a sack but still had 3 tackles in one of those games.

Midwesternbillsfan
04-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Forget what I said; the pick will NOT be Robert Ayers.

X-Era
04-25-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't give Mayocks opinion much credibility.

And I cannot believe we'd draft one lazy lard arse immature OT to replace a lazy lard arse immature OT.

Surely the FO will have learnt from that error.

Or the immature LT that Peters replaced in Mike Williams.

kernowboy
04-25-2009, 02:26 PM
We need to draft someone who will make us proud to be Bills fans.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 02:29 PM
We need to draft someone who will make us proud to be Bills fans.

Orakpo, Crabtree, Brown, and English in the 2nd would make me happy. Also as the long shots, Curry and Raji.

Midwesternbillsfan
04-25-2009, 02:29 PM
It sounds like Aaron Maybin's the selection. Barring the unforeseen, anyway.

zone
04-25-2009, 02:38 PM
It sounds like Aaron Maybin's the selection. Barring the unforeseen, anyway.
No Thanks!

X-Era
04-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Orakpo, Crabtree, Brown, and English in the 2nd would make me happy. Also as the long shots, Curry and Raji.

My realistic day one dream would be:

Orakpo but more likely Brown
Pettigrew
Loadholt/Robinson/Mack/Wood/Unger

Nighthawk
04-25-2009, 02:52 PM

Yeah, I can understand...Freeney really sucks.

Commissioner
04-25-2009, 02:54 PM

I'll pass on the undersized defensive end who doesn't fit our scheme and would only be a situational pass rusher.

PASS!!!

Nighthawk
04-25-2009, 02:55 PM
I'll pass on the undersized defensive end who doesn't fit our scheme and would only be a situational pass rusher.

PASS!!!

Hey, it's OK to be wrong...and you're wrong.

Commissioner
04-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Hey, it's OK to be wrong...and you're wrong.

We'll see about that.