PDA

View Full Version : Michael Oher

zone
04-25-2009, 02:13 PM
I thought I would be upset if we picked a OT in the first round, but after hearing Oher's story I would be happy to have him on the team.

A guy like that will appreciate every second of his NFL career. I would be happy to have him as a Bill and show Peter's how a real man who is given an opportunity should act.

Not to mention he is a beast.

Devin
04-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Ive watched most his games the past 2-3 years. He is a very sound OT, great kid.....I truly wouldnt be dissapointed if he landed here. I think he will be a great NFL OT.

ddaryl
04-25-2009, 02:31 PM
I laugh at the anti-Oher crowd... We could do a lot worse, and many of the players people want instead of Oher would fit the bill as much worse

Devin
04-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Dont be surprised if Oher ends up being one of the better OT's in this draft.

Tatonka
04-25-2009, 02:34 PM
what is his story that your are referring to? i dont know much about him.

ddaryl
04-25-2009, 02:35 PM
I liek Oher because he is a great option at G if he needs a year to get fully ready to take on the LT positon.

So basically it is almost guarenteed he will be on the field full time for us, and that is what we need at #11

TrEd FTW
04-25-2009, 02:35 PM

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view/2009_04_25_Draft_prospect_Michael_Oher_lives_real-life_rags_to_riches_story/srvc=home&position=recent

ddaryl
04-25-2009, 02:36 PM

dad left, mom was a crack head, got adopted by white parents when he was 16 and fought his way through life...

I beleive that is it in a nut shell

zone
04-25-2009, 02:46 PM
1 of 13 children, dad left, crack head mom left them all to fend for themselves. Went to 11 schools in his first 9 years as a student. Finally got enrolled at a Christian school despite a .03 GPA, some girl and her mom saw him walking from school in the freezing cold in shorts and a t-shirt and started buying him clothes and eventually had him move in with them.

He never felt sorry for himself or gave up regardless of his situation. Once he was introduced to football said that he felt invincible on the field, like there was no way he could lose a battle.

His story was compelling enough to be a subject of a book that is being made into a movie.

Nighthawk
04-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I've flip-flopped on him....if he was the pick, I could live with it. I can't live with Pettigrew at #11.

zone
04-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Exactly what I wanted out of this dude.

"I don't care if I was drafted in the 7th round"

The ravens just got an amazing player.