PDA

View Full Version : Another Mind Numbing Draft

The Juice Is Loose
04-25-2009, 07:32 PM
How do we need another f'ng defensive back?

Whitner
Wendline
Wilson
Scott
Simpson
McKelvin
McGee
Corner
Youbody
Florence
and now Byrd.

What the hell. Do we even have 6 o linemen?

This team is assinine. We collect defensive backs like it's going out of style. We play cover 2. We do not need this many backs.

Thank god for fantasy football and Sunday ticket. Watching the Bills lose is going to suck, so I'll watch my players score.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 07:33 PM

Whitner
Wendline
Wilson
Scott
Simpson
McKelvin
McGee
Corner
Youbody
Florence
and now Byrd.

This team is assinine. We collect defensive backs like it's going out of style. We play cover 2. We do not need this many backs.

Thank god for fantasy football and Sunday ticket. Watching the Bills lose is going to suck, so I'll watch my players score.

Why is it that most people like us going S in round 2 but not CB/S who is the best covering CB in the draft.

TrEd FTW
04-25-2009, 07:34 PM
There's nothing mind-numbing about this pick. The Bills needed a safety, and they got one. Bonus: He can return punts. Don't be surprised if Parrish is traded by tomorrow.

Night Train
04-25-2009, 07:38 PM

Whitner
Wendline
Wilson
Scott
Simpson
McKelvin
McGee
Corner
Youbody
Florence
and now Byrd.

Expect him to replace Simpson at FS.

Now post " I'm done with this team " & stick to it.

The Juice Is Loose
04-25-2009, 07:57 PM
There's nothing mind-numbing about this pick. The Bills needed a safety, and they got one. Bonus: He can return punts. Don't be surprised if Parrish is traded by tomorrow.

yeah his 4.67 speed is really gonna blaze some punts for us.

haven't we invested enough at defensive back?

it's another waste of a pick.

we've acquired 3 kelsay type players.

zero impact on our team anytime soon.

streetkings01
04-25-2009, 08:13 PM
yeah his 4.67 speed is really gonna blaze some punts for us.

haven't we invested enough at defensive back?

it's another waste of a pick.

we've acquired 3 kelsay type players.

zero impact on our team anytime soon.Youtube him and tell me how slow he looks on punts. He looks just as good as Parrish back there returning punts.

ddaryl
04-25-2009, 08:19 PM
he has all the the other tangibles that make up the milliseconds in his 40 time from what I reead in some analysis

Loose hips, quick burst, can make up distance..

Analysis
Positives: Well-built athlete. ... Good initial jam at the line of scrimmage. ... Loose hips to turn and run with the receiver. ... Can shadow the receiver due to very good lateral quickness and the ability to plant and go out of his cuts. ... Late explosive burst to close on the ball. ... Gets his hands on a lot of passes. ... Natural playmaker with soft hands for the interception. ... Times leaps well and can snatch the ball out of the air. ... Good body control to make the catch outside of his frame. ... Natural with the ball in his hands. ... Good feel for the return. ... Good vision to set up blocks. ... Good agility and has a quick burst to accelerate. ... Reliable open-field tackler. ... Breaks down in space well and wraps his arms securely. ... Willing to come up in run support. ... Good bloodlines. ... Father, Gill Byrd, was a two-time Pro Bowl cornerback with San Diego and recently served as Chicago Bears' DB coach.

Negatives: More quick than he is fast. ... May lack the straight-line speed for a traditional man-to-man scheme. ... Can be grabby in coverage, likely to lead to pass interference penalties in the NFL. ... Reliable open-field tackler, but isn't an intimidating hitter. ... Assisted by an aggressive pass rush and a veteran secondary at Oregon.

He appears to have football speed