PDA

View Full Version : Levitre at 51!

X-Era
04-25-2009, 08:12 PM
I like it!

If your a OL fan, you love this pick.

We drafted my 3rd best C, and a guy that could be the top C easily. And we drafted what many said was the top G.

Did I mention he can play OT?

At worst your looking at Prestons replacement, and at best your looking at Dockery's

I think they feel that with Walker, Chambers, Bell, and even Scott they have enough to allow them to look later in the draft for a T.

Im not surprised.

But what I like is the emphasis on the interior positions considering how we just haven't addressed them early in years.

They clearly are having a line first draft and I like that approach considering what we have lost. Yes, you can argue about who and where. But the approach is strong.

X-Era
04-25-2009, 08:14 PM
If he ends up starting at LG and Wood starts at C, we end up with Hangartner and McKinney as backups and thats an improvement in our depth IMO. I wont say its signficant at this point because it banks on us developing and starting rookies.

Im still scared of rookies as starters on our OL. But, I like who we took ALOT.

evol4276
04-25-2009, 08:15 PM
pretty sure i am fairly pleased with how this has all gone. the only pick i'm confused about is byrd, but if he's moved to S, then it makes a little more sense. we got 2 of the best OL prospects so far, while we had 2-3 holes to fill on the OL. I've come to the conclusion that people who are *****ing and complaining about what we've done are doing it solely just to *****.

Michael82
04-25-2009, 08:15 PM
I think Levitre starts at RT!

TheMan08
04-25-2009, 08:16 PM

HIGH FIVE. The oline is addressed. Lets get a LB and TE next

Michael82
04-25-2009, 08:17 PM
HIGH FIVE. The oline is addressed. Lets get a LB and TE next
:hi5:

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Butler to OT so all can fill in nicely

X-Era
04-25-2009, 08:19 PM
I love the pick, but heres the down side:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/26/bills-gave-up-3rd-1st-4th-rounder/

We gave up our 3rd and the first 4th rounder. I wish we would have skipped Byrd and made Levitre the pick at 42.

Now, we are likely to be on the outside looking in on the strength on the TE class. We are likely to end up with whomever no one else wants in the rest of the 2nd and 3rd.

Cook, Nelson, Beckum, Ingram, and maybe Coffman are likely out at this point.

In a draft that was so strong in the first 3 rounds at TE, Im a bit disappointed. You never know. Maybe we make another move and can get a top pass receiving TE.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 08:19 PM

If he does, we should pick a casket for Trent Edwards in round 7. He will will be KILLED by speed rushers in the NFL if he isn't moved inside.