PDA

View Full Version : Tight End Situation

Tatonka
04-25-2009, 08:18 PM
there are still a ton of good looking tight ends on the board guys.. calm down.

Beckum, Travis TE 6'3" 243 Wisconsin
Casey, James TE 6'3" 246 Rice
Coffman, Chase TE 6'6" 244 Missouri
Cook, Jared TE 6'5" 246 South Carolina
Gronkowski, Dan TE 6'6" 255 Maryland
Ingram, Cornelius TE 6'4" 245 Florida
Nelson, Shawn TE 6'5" 240 Southern Miss

Mahdi
04-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Thats the silver lining to the fact that we gave up our 3rd rounder.

TheMan08
04-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Ingram, Cook, and Nelson are all options for our 4th Rd pick

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Watch the run on TE's start soon... we have 60 picks before we pick again. trust me... everyone on that list could be gone... most WILL be.

WE could have had ingram or Nelson but added ANOTHER OL who can't play OT.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Ingram, Cook, and Nelson are all options for our 4th Rd pick

ROFLMAO

I'm sure they'll be there... I bet 2 of the go before the end of this round.

Nighthawk
04-25-2009, 08:29 PM

True, but we gave away are 3rd and our early 4th...so there is a long way to go before the Bills are up again. Casey is not an option because he is more of an H-Back type and Gronkowski just isn't that good.

Tatonka
04-25-2009, 08:33 PM
look.. who knows.. there are a ton of guys that were "supposed" to be drafted already still left.

gilbert.. michael johnson.. tons of TEs.. duke robinson.. i mean.. i just dont see the need to get fired up.

jimbohastle51
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM
parrish and our 121 4th for scheffler tomorrow. watch and see.

Nighthawk
04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
look.. who knows.. there are a ton of guys that were "supposed" to be drafted already still left.

gilbert.. michael johnson.. tons of TEs.. duke robinson.. i mean.. i just dont see the need to get fired up.

The only reason I'm worried is because the Bills are now in "we're smarter then you" mode. They now start to make stupid picks and tell us how high they are ranked on their board.

jimbohastle51
04-25-2009, 09:24 PM
byrd is a good pick to play safety. 17 picks in 3 years and he has great blood lines as his dad was a pro bowl corner. he is similar to malcom jenkins. and he is going to play FS which leads me to believe that he is whitners replacement if he doesnt step it up. also to back up my scheffler trade i think is happening tomorrow, did anyone else notice that the broncos took a TE at the end of the 2nd round? i am telling you its parrish and a 4th for scheffler. i love the wood pick! he will be our center eventually but will play left guard from day one. langston walker will be our LT and bell/BUTLER will battle it out for RT, because livitre will play RG. yes butler will be going back to his natural position, watch happen baby!!! chambers will remain a swing tackle. maybin doesnt make any sence. he is a situational pass rusher for at least this season (which we have to make the play offs). he wont even see running downs until he puts on more weight and learns to play with leverage in the NFL.

Don't Panic
04-25-2009, 09:52 PM
True, but we gave away are 3rd and our early 4th...so there is a long way to go before the Bills are up again. Casey is not an option because he is more of an H-Back type and Gronkowski just isn't that good.

Really? Everything I read said Casey was a decent blocking TE with above average pass catching. Not claiming it as scripture, but you've heard/seen that he can't play TE, at least in the traditional sense?

X-Era
04-25-2009, 09:55 PM

I agree and said this.

My issue is that I have favorites and with 50+ picks until we pick again, Im worried they will be gone.

But Boo frikkin hoo for me. If we get something that ends up making us better than Im happy and I think this draft is a great TE draft.

Besides, Im not sure were just going to sit and wait until 121 either and/or that we aren't going to make a move to trade for a TE.

X-Era
04-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Really? Everything I read said Casey was a decent blocking TE with above average pass catching. Not claiming it as scripture, but you've heard/seen that he can't play TE, at least in the traditional sense?

Hes gonna be 25 and is a player that they moved all over at Rice. I like him as a H-back, not as much of a starting caliper TE.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Sheffler and we are set. What a offense

Trent, Lynch, Sheffler, Owens, Reed, Evans, Hardy, Wood, Walker, Butler, Levitre, Han. Our O would have to be a force.

X-Era
04-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Sheffler and we are set. What a offense

Trent, Lynch, Sheffler, Owens, Reed, Evans, Hardy, Wood, Walker, Butler, Levitre, Han. Our O would have to be a force.

Its pretty young and unproven IMO.

Bmax
04-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Beckum, Casey,Coffman, Morrah and Gronkowski should be there in RD 4 or at three of the five. I would take everyone except Gronkowski and Morrah would are 5 to 7th rd picks in my opinon.

The best option would be to offer our third rd next year and cond pick for Tony Scheffler from Denver

Bmax

Don't Panic
04-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Its pretty young and unproven IMO.

WRs would be as proven as you could hope for. RB and QB are ready to hit their stride. As for the line....